World round usa 2013

Discussion in 'Trials' started by dasAUS, Nov 12, 2012.

1. wb22rules

wb22rules Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wish I had invested some of my data card space on the practice area on Friday, at some points they were 15-20 guys bunny hopping all over the place on the rear tire. And of course when Tony Bou showed up suddenly every camera and head was pointed at the same guy. When he first showed up he popped up on a balance log, and rolled a few feet, then stopped for a minute just standing there barely moving, then proceeded to do jump flip move where he a did a 180 on the top the log, WOW. I think that was when my son looked at me with a "are you Fing kidding me" look :D
  2. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    So were you bored to death watching a rider motionless on top of a log?
  3. wb22rules

Oddometer:
    Not really, I actually could not belive how long those pros would just stand there on the pegs at the beginning of a section pulling in the clutch or shifting the gears without making any real movements to balance, but being balanced. I think it was Gubian or Borrellas who seemed a bit OCD with the clutch before entering a section, he would pull it in 20 times real quick before he selected a gear and entered, and Tony Bou seemed to like to shift from first to third and back to first 8 times before he would enter a section, all while standing on the pegs and making no movemenets other than the clutch and the shifter. When you can't balance for more than two seconds while making wild gyrations all over the place like me, seeing those guys just stand there for a minute or two was very interesting.
  4. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Exactly my point. The quicker we can get rid of No Stop, the better.
  5. GAwoody83

GAwoody83 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Agreed, get rid of the "No Stop" rule!
  6. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Let's start a petition and send it to the FIM!!!
  7. Tarheel Wheeler

Tarheel Wheeler Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stu Preston of Jacks Cycles was supposed to have brought a petition to the Worlds for that purpose. Never did see it though.
  8. wb22rules

Oddometer:
    Its probably like the slow play issue in golf. They claim slow play is a big issue, but in reality I have no problem watching a pro take his time before he makes a great shot. Slow play in golf is only a problem at the amatuer level when it takes me 5 and half hours to play eighteen holes because the group in front of me is not playing ready golf, is on the phone, or can't hit the ball 200 yards if they flushed it, but when 230 yards away on a par 5 they wait until the green is clear before they play their second shot on the 1% chance they hit the shot of their life and actully get a 220 yard 3 wood to bounce on the green. Oh and almost always when they do that, they duff the next shot and it barely goes 50 yards.

The FIM is probably overeacting to a "perceived" problem, or up to something else trying to nerf the top guy, and hopefully they will go back to allowing balancing just to solve the scoring issue that the no stop rule has presented with the way it is being interpeted. I have no idea if the time riders spent balancing was excessive or a big deal in the last few years myself. But I would guess this is a total non issue for the vast majority of events and clubs outside of the very top level.
  9. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Says the guy that changed section 4 on Saturdays local event so that the experts drug their bikes through the exit and yet the SX had the same line. :lol3

Nothing like riding a tough section and then knowing that you get to drag your bike through the exit for a nice 3. :baldy

I really don't think that no-stop is going to fly. Too much controversy and impossible to score fairly. We may as well go to olympic type judging and score on style while we are at it. The system wasn't broke. Give the riders a time limit (they did) and adjust it and the sections to keep things moving. I damn well know what a stop is, but have a hard time defining a "pause". Is it no-stop or not? :scratch A pause is a stop. :deal

pause

/pôz/

Noun

A temporary stop in action or speech.

Verb

Interrupt action or speech briefly.

Synonyms

noun.

break - intermission - rest - stop - interval

verb.

stop - halt

[​IMG]
  11. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Says the guy making sure the out of state riders had points!
  12. jjustj

jjustj Long timer

Oddometer:
    Back in Colorado. Cedaredge or delta or.....
  13. wawarides

wawarides where's Laura0107? Supporter

Oddometer:
  14. wb22rules

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the congrats, I start on the 24th and I am psyched :D

On the website it states "proper" motorcycle boots and helmets required.

Can I get by with the high top steel toe boots I ride in, even though they are not motorcycle boots by definition??

I would hate to drive all the way down there to find out I don't have enough gear yet to ride.

15. Tarheel Wheeler

Tarheel Wheeler Long timer

Oddometer:
    Those boots will work just fine. I'll ask the TM tonight and if I don't post you'll be gtg.
  16. wb22rules

Oddometer:
    Thanks for checking for me, being unemployed for the last 5 months means I have to wait on a few things I would like until fall and I have had a chance to build my reserve back up from the beating it has been taking :eek1