Boise ride this weekend...

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by ryanwilliamcantrell, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    The gathering is 16-19 June but I'm leaving on the 15th So as you can see I have about 10 days in the saddle for june. I think after that I'll be spending time at the lot up in Cascade riding around on the DRZ, Humm maybe I should haul the 200 up there for single tracking.

Also I have a taker for the KLIM Rally
  2. av_mech

av_mech Risk Taker

Oddometer:
    You should haul that 200 up there. I'd love to do some single tracking in that area with the 250 X later this summer when I get home. You'd have a taker for that!
  3. av_mech

av_mech Risk Taker

Oddometer:
    Thanks. It's going to a good home where it will be loved. How's the class load for the summer?
  4. ryanwilliamcantrell

ryanwilliamcantrell Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Horrid.

8-4, M-F for a lot of it.
  5. ryanwilliamcantrell

Oddometer:
    That'll be an excellent ride. Very green. Hope the snow lets you into the places you want to get to. :wink:
  6. av_mech

av_mech Risk Taker

Oddometer:
    At least you have the weekends. Just remember to get your homework done! And even if you don't, I can just see you reading in your tent while we are all sitting around the fire just so you can be out on the bike. us::kumbayayou::mully
  7. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Me too, if not, it's not important, I'll find another way around, it's all good cause I'm :ricky

Also what Av-Mech says about homework you have weekends :wink: You can always come up to my place in Cascade Friday afternoon, ride Saturday, BBQ in the evening then study (yea right:lol3) and head home Sunday and Study some more.

After the Hells Canyon I'll be sticking closer this summer... it's cheaper, friggin gas pricing needs to come down... seriously! Crap I'm on a finite monthly income now.
  8. ryanwilliamcantrell

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Ya, I can see it now ~ trying to read with a beverage in one hand, cigar in the other...

I hear ya on the gas ~ it's killer. I totaled a $1200 gas bill last summer! I had to set aside a huge chunk between the gas and parts for that Beast. :puke1

Granted... I'd love to have the same problem, any summer... but life is all good. I'd love to join you in Cascade and have you show my around a bit ~ I've hardly ridden that area compared to what is up there.
  9. Special Ed_65

Special Ed_65 A.K.A. Special Ed

Oddometer:
  10. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:

DANG Ruger, Talk about ultra short notice, Kaka! I already have a plan for tomorrow or I would join you. Man, I'm known for impromptu but jeez.
  11. ryanwilliamcantrell

Oddometer:
  12. Special Ed_65

Oddometer:
    I hope next time to have a little notice :shog
  13. Special Ed_65

Oddometer:
    trailrider383, Is this still looking good for Sunday:evil???
  14. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    Yep, I am still planning on it. :freaky
    IN LIST:
    Ruger65
    Effensteve
    Bob?
    Me

I got all my parts except for one seal. It should be here Thursday so I'm still looking good. This was my first time ordering OEM parts from Bike Bandit instead of the local dealer. I won't make that mistake again. :bluduh
  15. Special Ed_65

Oddometer:
    Did you get too much mud on your steens run in it?
    [​IMG]
  16. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    The Steens mudbath just reminded me I needed to take a look at the linkage since I never got around to it this past winter like I had planned. I serviced it 2 years ago and it was all good, sometime last year the seals wore out enough that water got in the center set on the rocker arm. Those two bearings and bushing were solid rust. It will probably ride like a Cadillac now. :D
  17. ryanwilliamcantrell

Oddometer:
    Same thing happened to my XR. One season they looked great, the next they were rusted :huhsolid.
  18. av_mech

av_mech Risk Taker

Oddometer:
    The 2nd annual Stellrecht Father Son Ride just got planned for August. Remember this guy from my ride report?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, now since the bro moved to the West Coast, he will be making the ride complete!!

This is the bro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dad is riding the Goldwing from Wisconsin to Boise. Dad and I are riding to Redmond, OR. Then the three of us are heading to Northern Cali to pick up the 101. Ride that all the way North and around to Olympia, WA. Then over to Yakima and back down to Redmond. Dad and I have three more days together at that point with a route yet TBD. I was thinking 395 North from John Day to Pendleton, Walla Walla, Lewiston, and back. Then dad heads home. Can't wait!!!!!!
  19. av_mech

av_mech Risk Taker

Oddometer:

That's one of the many things I will be looking at on the KLR before it gets sold...Thanks for reminding me. Put it in my notes.
  20. Special Ed_65

Oddometer:
    The bridge below owyhee dam is gone:eek1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Above the dam
    [​IMG]
    Lots of flowers
    [​IMG]