So it began......

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by SquirrelyGrl, May 26, 2011.

1. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks fantastic & fun!

Thanks for posting.
  2. AZ_ADV_RIDER

AZ_ADV_RIDER Demons In My Helmet

Oddometer:
    That's some beautiful countryside riding - I'm jealous! Great pics too!! :thumb
  3. pfloydgad

pfloydgad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok SG,
    Here is the skinny.
    A beautiful young lady, a motorcycle, and an off road one to boot.
    A camera and a sense of adventure. Oh my, be still my heart.
    If you have a man in your life, tell him from me, he is one very lucky sob.
    If you don't, I hope you find someone with your energy and drive, keep riding and keep us up to date with your adventures and rides.
    And as always, everyone be safe out there.
    Greg
  4. wawarides

wawarides where's Laura0107? Supporter

Oddometer:
    :wave Hey SquirrelyGrl! I'm enjoying your thread.

Speedy really likes the sticker above your DR's headlight. Here's the way his race bike looked a few years ago, for a little clue why:

[​IMG]

Ooooh, I recognize the place in one of your pix from Post #8. The road leading back to that spot was one of my favorite parts (along with just hanging out for a while by the stream) of a day trip Klaviator, FancyIndigo and I did last fall. Here's a shot of FI there that day:

[​IMG]

Keep it coming! :lurk
  5. East Coast Rider

East Coast Rider Just Me...

Oddometer:
    Good stuff!
  6. aldntn

aldntn Vgo

Oddometer:
    Citico Creek! .... WOOHOO!
  7. SquirrelyGrl

SquirrelyGrl Squirrely Girl

Oddometer:
    Victoria Secret green pj's of Ponies & Puppies
    Hey Laura!
    :wave

Yay! That's awesome! I usually have no idea where I'm going most of the time, it's easier for me to remember with photos. I think Fancy is so photogenic with her lovely locks :p

Farmall! I forgot about that sticker! Ya! Woot Woot! That's so awesome your hubby is into Farmall! I love the old IH sticker & logos they had. I agree with him that it's a rare site to see on a motorcycle nowadays.

Citico Creek! Yes! That's where I was this weekend :p I passed a guy on a Honda dual sport which was pretty awesome.
  8. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:

:D

Thank you :p I hope you had a good weekend too!
  9. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    So a couple of weekends ago I went through Chickamauga, I snapped a few shots but nothing spectacular. I write a blog for a website and a woman sent me a pm asking about a cemetery in the area and what better way to spend a Sunday than puttering around looking for old cemeteries from the late 1800's?

A few shots
    [​IMG]

The house that keeps the wall :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love a newly mown lawn

[​IMG]

This was the only off-road the DR did that day, which was on the side of the road :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A friend for a moment :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like flowers, even weeds. I like Nat'l Park as well

[​IMG]

Wilder Tower, one of the coolest Civil War memorials ever

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More later :p
  10. ridingAK

ridingAK On the Road Less Taken...

Oddometer:
    I'm enjoying your pictures! I have ridden all over West of the Mississippi, but only a little on the East side. You have some beautiful countryside! :clap
  11. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Hey RidingAK!
    Coolies! Thanks, I'll get over to that side soon hopefully. :p
  12. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    So I'll eventually get around to posting about the Fuzzy Beaver & the DualSportin the Free State event. But for now! This is a few pics from today's/yesterday's ride. I was poking about in the N. Ga John's Mtn area.

This is one of many switchbacks on Pocket Rd., lots of curves and I only passed one car on the ridge.

[​IMG]

Lo! & Behold! A lake on the other side of Sugar Valley!

[​IMG]

Truly an old school, honor system at display here, you can still find these types of places. The cokes in the old machine are still $.60

[​IMG]

This lil coke machine was perkin right along, just waiting for a photo :p I didn't feel like guzzling a 12 oz. coke :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ice!!!!! Lots of it!!!! Woot Woot! Yes, I stole 2 pieces just for my self
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, I wanted a pic of me, it didn't turn out so well. So my braid had to do :p

[​IMG]

Ooooo, I like cranes. How tall and dramatic they can be in eye

[​IMG]

Ah yes, this is my beacon home. Lookout Mtn in the distance, just on the other side is home. I believe everyone has that special kinda landmark that is the significant point in the homestretch of the journey. When I see Lookout Mtn I know just how far from home I really am. I like that.

[​IMG]

Altho, I was blocking several mailboxes and apparently one of them was an older ladies' in which she was waiting for me to move my ass bout taking a stupid pic. :p
  13. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Oh ya, the reason why I look forward to home:

[​IMG]
  14. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    It's been a minute, but I've really been struggling with taking care of my bikes which is why I've not been posting some trips on here. This past week tho I had an opportunity to meet up with some friends in Asheville, N.C. I have never been on a solo overnight trip, especially with people I barely know. The '81 Honda Hawk is my big girl that had been running well for the past month, so I made plans for Asheville! :clap

Then Monday night (planning on leaving Tuesday morning) I noticed gas leaking from behind the carb on a gasket :huh. So I panicked, and fiddled around with it. I decided to wait until the morning to see what the decision would be in either taking the car or the bike.
    Morning came, no leaks! :D and I felt soooooo proud of myself. Woo Hoo! After figuring out the Wolfman Tailbag for 20 minutes, I was finally on my way to Asheville :1drink

These pics aren't great, but the iPhone is all I got

[​IMG]

This was taken on 64 at the first TVA dam, my first break after leaving Chattanooga. More to come

Also, the main reason why my friends were up in Asheville is b/c they were doing a Micro-Brewery tour :D
  15. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

This was taken across from the gas station I was filling up at, which had ethanol free gas. The Hawkette was a happy camper. My route was to stick to Hwy 64 until I saw signs for Asheville, since I don't have a GPS. It was super green in every yard and soooo pretty with the fruit trees blooming and forsythias, flowering quinces and other pretty shrubs.

[​IMG]

This wayside off of 64 was pretty cool heading up into the mountains. This one is prettier w/out the Hawkette.

[​IMG]

After further investigation of the wayside;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And also a trash can, it was kinda littered with trash around the spot, but still cool I think
  16. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Got into Franklin and had lunch at the Dairy Queen :D I love the grilled turkey sammichs they have, soooo yum.

[​IMG]

Also needed to stop to re-charge my phone, I have no issues getting business done at a public place.

[​IMG]

I really wish I had photos riding into Highlands NC, it's soooo pretty! The river gorge was over flowing and the waterfall into town was just magnificent! But I didn't stop

[​IMG]

Instead of the typical self photo, I snapped my stylin and profilin shades.
  17. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    I had finally made it to Asheville just as the sky was looking dark and menacing :(: I was seriously worried that I would get caught in the rain. I had given my buddies a call and they were having a late lunch at Tupelo downtown. I didn't have a GPS, my iPhone doesn't even have a data plan on it at all. So I just winged it heading towards downtown on I-26 and kept going straight and found the place.

Now, these friends are IMAO/Indie guys that no nothing about motorcycles, except one does ride a scooter. But if something broke down on my bike, all I have is a leatherman for a tool to figure something out. I was sooo incredibly worried about my bike leaking gas again.
    They did offer me a free place to stay as well as tagging along as the DD for them, while they had flight after flight of beers from the breweries.
    I had the pleasure of being chauffeured on the way to Mt Pisgah brewery, borrowing some cool clear scooter glasses.
    [​IMG]

Sooo many taps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every glass is one that Mt Pisgah makes and I don't know much about beer. I can appreciate fine breweries and tasting very tho. They had several yummy ones. I tend to like the porters or stouts.

[​IMG]
  18. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    cool, a hottie who loves bikes and beer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:beer
  19. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Woot! Sure do Redbud! I saw where Fancy and some other people are out riding, have you already been out and about today?
  20. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    i'm at work, but i did slip off and grab my bike at lunch, so i'll be headed somewhere shortly