WSBK: Assen (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Apr 24, 2013.

1. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just go to http://www.beinsport.tv If you don't see it in the main window scroll through the selections just below.

Its working right now: http://beinsportlivestreaming.overon.es
  2. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    That was excellent! Looking forward to BEING at Donnington...Camier's a fucking legend to be there and doing that!:huh
    It'll be interesting to see how the Dukes go now that they'll have the restrictors removed....
    :clap
  3. Pork-Chop Express

Pork-Chop Express Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You mean they're getting rid of the restrictor plate nonsense? Was this announced during the second race? I missed the second superbike race.
  4. Rd650

Rd650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any links to the race? I did not get to see them this morning.
  5. BOOTLACE

Oddometer:
    No anouncement as such, but the restrictor ruling is subject to review, based on results. Results have been, errr.....not the best.

Can't see them getting any better at Monza.
  6. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E5T1Sbm0pZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rOVYB8ED0Ok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  7. Rd650

Rd650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Drif
  8. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought I heard Steve Martin say during the second race that the opening in the restrictor plate would be 2mm larger for Monza and it sounded like that would be a "test" and not necessarily a change for the rest of the season.
  9. VITIXER

VITIXER Mmmm, cherry pie!

Oddometer:
    LOL Road Rash! :rofl
    [​IMG]

It was great that beIN aired the Superstock race!
    Hope that they make that a regular thing!
    Better than sitting through a lot of nonsense in between races!
  10. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Race 2

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tFUucr7-qBE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tFUucr7-qBE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  11. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Awesome WSS race

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qUsxMxDl7ac?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qUsxMxDl7ac?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  12. BOOTLACE

Oddometer:
    Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if they 'sandbag' it, and try for more....
    Not that they should have to. It's ridiculous.
  13. Bounder

Bounder Typing...

Oddometer:
    I thought the 1000STK was the best race, Eddie la Marra on a Panig and Sylvain Barrier on BMW bashing fairings just before the line, Niccola Canepa tried to do a backdoor and take the win but just didn't have enough.
    La Marras sideburns were wider then the difference between them across the line
  14. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I wasted more than a couple of minutes playing that game.

What's surprising about the Ducati lack of performance is how it does even against the Honda- which is probably the oldest package on the grid. Last year's 1198 was mostly on a "closer to the front" pace, so it surprising to see the Panigale apparently noncompetitive.

And Melandri/BMW have to be really wondering what the heck is going on.

On a more serious note- does Melandri still have the same girlfriend? If so, where is the camera time? :lol3
  15. BOOTLACE

Oddometer:
    You weren't watching the same telecast as me? She's still there, acting like a devoted slave. Or something? (Seen betterer in the local supermarket...):lol3
    As for the BMW 'issues', you may note that the guy that was taking them to what should have been the championship last year, but for Melandri's meltdown, is now running the Ducati MGP effort.
    Dunno who's running the Beemer SBK now, but it don't look too good...
  16. wpbarlow

Oddometer:
    Maybe not. I watched a recording that was from Brit TV. Purely track footage.
  17. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    The Panigale is brand new and Checa has knocked himself out at least once, slowing development.

Melandri has a broken shoulder which is still causing him considerable troubles, ala Spies.

Hey wpbarlow, did you ever get to watch all of those sbk videos you asked for?
  18. roadholder

roadholder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Checa had the Panigale on the pole at Phillip Island, until he rung his bell in race 1. I can't believe the bike is that far off the pace, but Checa could be for now.
    Or perhaps Ducati is "playing possum" holding out for a 1299cc twins ruling! :lol3
  19. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
    I'm going to (re)paraphrase Jamie Whitham:

"Marco Melandri is a very nice man; he's also a great racer, and he's got lots of money. But he's still punching above his weight with that missus"

:D
  20. wpbarlow

Oddometer:
    The Panigale did have a "development" year of sorts last year. Though I'm sure the new layout poses setup challenges I think expectations were generally higher.

The BMW has also had some mechanical issues that you wouldn't normally expect. I was just pointing out that their year has not gone according to plan.

Yes, I did watch the videos-- pretty sure I thanked everyone; but if I missed anyone, thanks :clap.