Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Tuonoit

Tuonoit Tuonoit

Oddometer:
    Who / what is ESP you referred to in lowering your suspension by 2 1/2 inches? How much was Renazco
    able to lower seat height from original?

Thanks,
    John
  2. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:

Exceptional Suspension Products
    http://www.espsuspension.com/

The seat is wider, don't think it is any lower.
  3. jambie

jambie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I ran out of gas today! I had the left petcock closed - that is, screwed in all the way cw looking at it from below. That moved the screw knob up.

When I ran out of gas, I thought if I turned that petcock ccw (again looking from below, or turning the knob to move it down) I would get the remaining gas from the lower left side of the tank as useable fuel.

No go.
    Pushed it 2+ miles home, put some gas in it, and it started right up.. The owners manual says only that the left petcock is an "ancillary" valve, and must be open. That's all it says. Is screwed in all the way cw actually the open position? That would seem very counterintuitive, but then again, it is Italian...:brow

Cheers,
    Tom
  4. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Is anybody else having problems with oil blowing out past the fill cap? I drained the oil from every spot, put in the prescribed amount of oil- a little over halfway on the window and it constantly blows oil. Maybe I've got a pinched crankcase vent tube? Does the crank vent run into the frame like the vents at the top do? Is the venting system adequate?

A link to a Husky ride report for you guys. :beer

Here
  5. jambie

jambie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Upon further investigation, I determined the left petcock is working how I thought it should. I closed the right petcock, closed the left petcock, and removed the fuel line from the left petcock, and no fuel came out. I opened the left side (turned ccw) and fuel came out, so i know it's closing and opening properly.

So, shouldn't I have had some fuel remaining on the left side when I ran out with the left side petcock closed?

Tom
  6. Indy Unlimited

Indy Unlimited Long timer

Oddometer:
    Both mine and a buddies leaked from day 1. We went out and found a viton O-ring that went just the cap lip past the stock ring. This works flawlessly. No more oily case cover!:clap
  7. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Cool, so maybe it's just getting flung out by the clutch.

Thanks. :thumb
  8. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was having same problem with manual. I drained (stock) tank from main valve (right side) after shaking bike some like riding. Then opened reserve (left) valve and only got about 0.2 gal. Filled tank and it held 3.4 gal. total. Have gone 110-115 several times with no reserve at 40 MPG. Once took 3.22 gal. with no reserve. Figure range at 135 to fumes.
  9. motometal

motometal i like motorcycles

Oddometer:
    hmmmm....sounds like I should hook that fuel warning light back up after all. I tend to not fill the tank all the way riding locally, due to the weight so going by range of miles does not help me much.

Regarding the oring, yup, mine leaked a bit too, I just sorted through my "collection of miscellaneous orings" (my mother collects buttons...I collect orings...everyone needs a hobby) and found one just a bit thicker...problem solved.

if you haven't already, check the three counter sunk head bolts on the magneto (left side) cover. mine started leaking oil, and upon checking I found these to be very loose. Snugged up the bolts with a drop of loctite blue on each, and no more leak.
  10. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    I read the owners manual, and all the comments here. I still don't get what the manual is saying with "This last, set on the left side of the tank, must be in the open position. "

Makes me paranoid....the fuel light came on at 118 mi...manual says I should have 3.2 quarts left. Jambie had NADA!!!!
  11. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    Motometal...sure as heck have that light hooked up. I didn't notice the flashing gas pump on the main display,,,but the light caught my eye. I would been pushing it like Jambie. I think I'll be using my rack mounted tank sooner rather than later! I'm used to my XR Honda with big tank....having to look for gas at 200 miles...not 110 like this thing.
  12. motometal

Oddometer:
    how many miles left when the light comes on? about
  13. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    Manual says once light goes on (118 mi in my case) you have 3 L remaining, there's 3.78 L/gallon...do the math at 42mpg (my average FE to date), leaves 33 miles left. 33 + 118 = 151 miles. Mark Sampson says the tank is dry at 150. Just goes to show the tank is kinda skimpy. My XR400R honda does over 50, my BMW F650 easily does 60+. This is all 55 mph most of the time...no hot dogging. Run over 60 and I'm sure mpg drops below 40. Will be real interesting to see what kinda fuel economy the 2007 european EFI models get...supposedly the 2008 US model is EFI. My F650 Wee Strom 650 (fuel injection) gets way better FE than the Husky...but the Husky has lots of breaking in to do.
  14. motometal

Oddometer:
    two of the times i've had my tank off for jetting, it's been so low I could barely get any gas to slosh around...."almost ran out" doesn't count though lol:D
  15. motometal

Oddometer:
    Here’s the report from the weekend, as I rode the bike quite a bit. I am also posting on TT, since I haven't contributed much about the Husky so far.

...So the "tweakage" on the jetting continues…I've found that richer on the needle (such as red 6) encourages the 4000-5000 rpm stumble, but it has more response and power in the midrange this way. Went back to 42 pilot, 45 was too rich, maybe I can lean the pilot circuit to remove stumble without creating any negative side effects. Jetting is close, bike runs like a champ otherwise.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Spent part of the weekend riding the bike on a small MX track, and woods riding. This thing will do a tall 50’ tabletop in its sleep! Lowered tire pressure to 15 front, 14 rear…much better than previous 18/18 I ran last time. Karoos still not great, but workable. Suspension is breaking in a bit, working my way up on the compression clickers (rear outer ring (HSCD) still at full soft though). Suspension still needs some sorting out, but has real potential. Will check into softer spring to match my weight. Gearbox initially felt notchy, is now very smooth like butter, and ratios are absolutely perfect!<o:p></o:p>
    Prior to meeting my good friend “The Mudskipper” at our local riding area, he was surprised to hear I was to be riding the Husky, instead of my trusty CR250. The CR is set up with a ported motor and heavy flywheel, and works very well in the woods. He asked if I was going to be able to ride the Husky like I normally do on the CR. My answer was something like “of course not but it will be fun anyway”. So these are not super tight woods, but on the Husky mostly second gear and a lot of tight turns, on moist tacky dirt with some muddy stretches thrown in for good measure. At first I was having fun but felt very clumsy, I’m used to a real cut and thrust style, with brake sliding into some of the corners and clutching my way through and out of the corner as needed. I am not an experienced four stroke rider. So at first, I’d haul ass into the corner and then do sort of a “oh crap, now what” due to my totally backwards technique. After about an hour of frustration and mediocre riding, it clicked…brake early, then meter throttle through the corner…powerslide/flattrack style for extra points, and go from there. Some of the corners have little berms, and I was able to use the throttle to slide the rear tire out into the berm, then really nail it from there. I still couldn’t ride like I can on my CR (of course) but the fun factor was definitely there and I must say I surprised myself on what the bike could do, and what I could do on the bike. Wheelied over a few logs/rocks and climbed a few hills. This motor laughs at hills..the motor says “what hill”! Speaking of the motor…what a work of art. It could go flat after 5000 rpm and still be pretty good just on the merit of low end and midrange alone…but there’s a whole other world of power to explore if you rev it up! There’s so much torque down low, there’s really no need to rev it in the woods except if there’s a corner coming up and you want to save a shift. You can honk on the throttle at 2000 rpm (which is a fast idle) and it just barks…the handlebars yanking on your arms with every power stroke. By the way, whoever picked the weight for the flywheel was a genius…the perfect balance of tractability and throttle response/revvability (is that a word?). Even in 2<SUP>nd</SUP> gear, at least with the Karoo rear tire, it isn’t exactly yanking the front end up from corner to corner like my two strokes would…but it’s accelerating like crazy. That being said, on a long straight in 3<SUP>rd</SUP> gear at mid rpms, with a tug on the bars and a twist of the throttle, it comes right up to the balance point, no clutching required.<o:p></o:p>
    I’ve posted about a few nagging details on the bike…and to be honest I had a bit of buyer’s remorse early on, before setting the bike up (well, it’s still not there yet but closer) and uncorking. So I thought it was only fair to share the positives as well! I love the bike now, although of course parts of the riding experience are difficult to put to words. We are fortunate to have technology to produce a bike that will work that well over hard-core off road terrain, then roll right out onto the road and if needed, drone down the interstate for an hour or two for the ride home.<o:p></o:p>
  16. jambie

jambie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    By the way, my tank ran dry after 143 miles of a sub-5500 rpm combination of city and two lane highway riding.

Still breaking it in. Speaking of that, the break-in service is at 600 miles, but the owners manual says not to exceed 5500 r's until 1500km - approx 950 miles.

I'm not sure I'll be able to resist once the 600 mi. service is done...:evil

Cheers,
    Tom
  17. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    Don't worry about it. If you wanna be safe, just don't drone down the freeway for ever at the same rpms and not necessary but a habit I got into a long time ago is to change the oil at least twice as often as recommended for the first few thousand miles. I dunno if it helps but it can't hurt.
  18. flan8tive

flan8tive Flea Tibet!

Oddometer:
  19. ra2bach

ra2bach drive-by poster

Oddometer:
    no happy ending :cry

I ordered these parts from the Surdyke site and snickered to myself that I beat the street. until today when I received this notice when Iwent to check my account:
    ==============
    Part #YO421.1AD is no longer available, it superceds to YO421.1ADA which is more expensive, your card will be refunded $46.80 Your part(s) are scheduled to ship 09/13/2007.
    ==============
    seems like Buell marketing caught on to us, huh? I emailed them back and asked them to send the superseded part and charge my card the difference. oh well...
  20. XRR-kat

XRR-kat Prodigal Scrambler

Oddometer:
    Been there ....

New part no. is YO421.1ADA and new price is $64.32 !