Honda XR650L XR600 NX650 Oil Cooler from GSMark

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GSMark, Jan 16, 2011.

1. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:

+1....... Marks cooler mounts are extremely well made,,i`ve dumped my bike a number of times with no issues.......and it flat out works at cooling the oil....

Until i installed the cooler i was changing the oil at under 100 miles and it was black,,really black........now i run it 2000 miles and it still is mostly golden in color......which shows it`s not being burnt anymore...

B
  2. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    Doing great Mark.nasty busy though......running 2 shops now as we lost a manager:lol3........so days are long..kinda fun though:huh.....but a little stressed:lol3

Cooler works absolutely perfect,,thanks for making them Mark,,quality is beyond my expectations,,every bolt,nut,alloy part is well suited to this application...no cheap crappy bolts to save money..nice to see as most things are made for profits only,,not for quality/pride in manufacture..

Should have put a cooler on this years ago...:D

Keep up the good work,,,and make us something cool:deal

B
  3. OldtimerTC

OldtimerTC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey GSMark,

CW is rebuilding my engine, I sent you a PM for a cooler if your still making them please add me to list.

Thanks
  4. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    GSMark....just a hint for you sir....if you haven't already....the TW200 guy's would love you also(in a respectful sort of way...mind you!) if you would think of making these for their rides????.:D...more $$$$$ for you!...no doubt.
  5. JBADV

JBADV searching for sanity

Oddometer:
    Any kits still up for sale ?
    Interested in a black cooler and a bypass valve.
    Thanks,JB
  6. deejay_xr

deejay_xr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mark,

I've been scouring advrider (and thumpertalk) for a long time now, always searching for useful tips when getting my hands dirty on my XR600R.
    This was the final nudge needed to finally create a profile here, I would like to order one of your coolers.
    After this summer when I put in my new connecting rod I plan to go for the 660 overbore while I'm in there, so I think I'm going to need your piece of kit :wink:

I'll go ahead and send you a PM.

Do you currently still have the Jagg in black?
    And do you also ship the kit with Jagg's thermostat bypass, or just the manual type?

Cheers from Holland !
  7. rboe

rboe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've sent a PM for an oil kit too. I see you are in Arizona (I'm slow on these things) so I might be able to save you all the shipping and paypal stuff and do a will call if you don't mind.

Ron
  8. AllenL

AllenL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Mark,

I'd be interested in your full setup for use in my xr600r build. Do you still have availability?

Thanks!
  9. GSMark

GSMark Just Love Bikes Supporter

Oddometer:
    Greetings BRP Fans,
    I have not forgotten you guys and gals.
    I am still making the kits. Sometimes I run out of parts, but I get the kits together as soon as I can.
    I have been working on a new system just for the XR600.
    I have two promised out for testing.
    The problem was the location of the XR600 motor mount. It did not align with the aluminum strap that bolted to the motor mount on the XR650L. One longer spacer and bolt is also required where the mount bolts to the side cover... I think. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

I still have not got my hands on a XR600 yet. Anybody in the Phoenix area with a XR600 willing??? You will get a GREAT deal on an oil cooler system. :deal
    I have been getting my information from people making the XR650L kits work on the XR600.
    The parts should be in my hands tomorrow and a day to bend and finish them.

This new set-up should also work for the XR650L. I will bolt one on my bike and get photos asap.
    I would like to know what you people think when you see it.

I still have a few of original the XR650L kits in stock, ready to ship. Depending on the input from you guys, I might be changing the design.

Please stay tuned.

Cheers,
    Mark
  10. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm glad to hear you are still manufacturing and selling your excellent oil cooler, Mark. You design is not only functional, it is a work of art. :nod

Spud :wave
  11. mendoteach

mendoteach Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think that maybe under statement Spud. It might be the most well thought out thing I have ever purchased. If only this much thought and pride went into everything I purchased.
  12. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Indeed, the Sutton oil cooler is obviously a labor of love. Mark is probably making about $0.25/hour manufacturing the parts for this oil cooler. :deal We XR650L owners are very fortunate that Mark designed and manufactures this excellent product. :nod

Spud :wave
  13. GSMark

Oddometer:
    Thank you guys for the kind words. :freaky
    Wow! I have the bests customers in the world... Really.
    Kits have been sent to almost every continent in the world... Still waiting for Antarctica.

Thank you all.
    Cheers,
    Mark
  14. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Antarctica is probably the single place on Earth where the XR650L wouldn't need an oil cooler. :rofl If worse came to worse, one could always stop the bike, and throw some snow on the engine. :lol3

Spud :beer
  15. deejay_xr

Oddometer:
    Would one of those be mine? :clap

Let me know whenever you're ready Mark, I'll make payment right away.

Cheers !
  16. deejay_xr

Oddometer:
    Have you contacted benno.h in this thread as well (page 6)? He mounted one of your coolers on his XR6
  17. GSMark

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reminder. :clap
    :gergGetting old. Suffering from CRS.
    I got the XR650 mixed up with the 650 Dominator/NX650 as far as the motor mount goes.

My new guard will work great on the 650 Dominator/NX650.

I just received some info from an inmate with the proper spacer and bolt length for the XR650.
    I will work on that before I send to any XR600 owners. I really want to get everything right. Too anal,

Thanks all for the help guys!
    Cheers,
    Mark
  18. GSMark

Oddometer:
    I am in the process of upgrading my design for the guard. Nothing is finalized. I want to show you what I have so far and let you know what I am thinking.

My goal is to make the installation process simpler, make a better product, keep the price reasonable, and have 15 less parts parts to the kit.
    This will be an easy upgrade for anyone with the original kit too.

I received some parts today from the water-jet machinist. :clap

My latest design does not bolt to the frame/motor mount. The guard bolts up between the oil cooler and the oil cooler mount. I really like this. Very simple and clean. No rivet nuts, 5mm washers, bolts, nuts, no aluminum strap.
    This will work very well for the guys with the NX650 too.
    The only thing that might worry people is that the guard does not bolt to the frame/motor mount. The guard is made from 1/8" aluminum and pretty tough. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In case you guys think that the guard should bolt to the frame, I am working on another design.
    This was cut out without vents to keep the cost down for prototype fitment. I am still working on this prototype.
    This one will bolt to the motor mount, similar to the original design, but it will have to have rubber isolation where it bolts to the frame. I will keep you updated as I try to make this one work.

[​IMG]

Take a look at the photos and let me know what you think.

Cheers,
    Mark
  19. deejay_xr

Oddometer:
    Awesome !

Although I have to say I think it looks much more sleek this way, maybe the frame mount would still be a good idea structurally for the guys that ride offroad.
    I you managed to land on a rock or something with the cooler, the whole will be able to take more of a beating with the frame mount and it would reduce the chance of wrecking the stator cover along with it ( I think).

This won't really be a problem for me since I made the conversion to supermoto and only ride street, on flat surfaces it would be challenge to hit the cooler I think if the bike lands on it's side.

I'd like to go with just the stator cover mounts personally
  20. AllenL

AllenL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This revision looks good. It seems to me that for off-road riding you'd want to keep the frame mounting point as well. If you took a digger, or a boulder, or a tree to the oil cooler without the frame mount, it would flex out and as stout as your design looks, it seems to me like it may break either where its mounted to the case or the case itself.

For those that prefer the sleek look, and don't need the added protection, your revision looks excellent. My bike will be seeing mostly street use and I'm definitely interested in this one.

Is the case pattern the same on the xr650 as the xr600r? I ask because it seems like this case mounted revision might work on the xr600s?