2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by goodcat8, Apr 23, 2012.

1. NKL

NKL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Its not going to compete with the GS because it's not shaft drive, I love my 990 because no other bike looks like it, this new crap looks like all the others.
  2. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    +2
  3. rockycraig

rockycraig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    combo of 990, and tenere and maybe a little multistrada takes the. best of all of them
  4. Katoom72

Katoom72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :rofl
  5. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    They looked at this site and saw how many Americans were complain'n.
    So they said screw ya, you dont get one.
    Now how do ya feel about it.
  6. M.Mars

M.Mars Just some dude

Oddometer:
    Considering the height I think the problem is the integrated oil tank. It looks like it is hanging off the front/bottom of the engine. So taking that into consideration I think they might have just hung the exhaust to fill in the bottom and make it flat, which would be ecstatically pleasing, as oppose to having just a bump in the front. Otherwise I don't see a reason why they couldn't have routed the exhaust like on the 950/990 .... but then again what do I know :norton
  7. KASUYAHO

KASUYAHO Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think it looks alright side on.

Any pics of it front on ? I hope it not a fatty
  8. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    Not fat at all

[​IMG]
  9. RiotPat

RiotPat Long timer

Oddometer:
    And the crash guards are designed better. Nice

10. sakurama

sakurama on an endless build Supporter

Oddometer:
    I thought it was sharp when someone spotted that damage but it's amusing that KTM has now retouched the images. I feel bad for the photographer who would make such a rookie mistake but many people saw and signed off on those photos before they were released.

What's this tells you? You can be quite confident that KTM is reading his thread very carefully. :deal

Gregor

PS Hey, Kiska. I'm free for the next shoot! :evil
  11. Katze

Katze Full Time Rider

Oddometer:
    Yes, It's an option in 2013. KTM sells it for and extra $700K per year.
  12. weld86

weld86 Weld86 Motoparts

Oddometer:
    I think we should initiate a Group Buy!!!

Kidding aside. I'm knd of excited about the 1190. If it matches the Multi in performance. The BMW in comfort. It will be a great bike! I would buy one. I'll be looking at it real hard.
    We can only hope that after the success of the 1190, KTM turns their attention to building the 350lb 700ish cc twin dirt lovin' traveler that we want.:clap If they build this. I'll buy one and so will my riding buddies.
  13. umitc

umitc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have no doubt, the 1190 will be far better than MS; it's KTM at the end of the day.
  14. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

And back ordered for 7 months... :lol3
  15. ALLAWYN

ALLAWYN Letsitle

Oddometer:
    For the life of me I can not understand the negative comments especially between hard core KTM lovers over an adventure tourer that looks like this. The only wrong in this photo are the snake skin tyres instead of propper knoblies. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I will ride this bike where any 600cc+ bike is ridden, by any rider, on any make on an adventure tour, read multipale day/km excurtion, and I mean adventure like we have it in Africa, 14+ days in the most secluded, extreme 2 track roads of any surface. :lol3
    There is a difference between enduro/rally racing and adventure touring, the bike is desighned for the latterÂ….. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
  16. Newbusa

Newbusa Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well i think with almost 240,000 views on this thread,They are aready doing something right. :D
    And i am very interested in this new bike. I think instead of throwing the new bike under the bus, people should give it a chance first before mouthing off how its going to suck in the dirt.
  17. jadoca

jadoca Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This looks like a real winner for KTM. To bad we won't see it in the US until 2014, so I have been told.....
  18. rockycraig

rockycraig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is my thinking correct to say if it sells in europe for a year then they bring it to the us the next year all the bugs would be worked out so I can buy it right away(after a test ride of course)????. I don't like to buy first model year.
  19. Chartan

Chartan n00b

Oddometer:
    This bike is good from my point of view.
    I was comsidering a larger bike suitable for touring anyway.

I was at Intermot and the 1190 just felt so right to sit on :-)
    Really looking forward to a test ride.
    Shame about the looks, the 990 adventure is still the coolest looking bike to my eyes. And the standard version just looked silly with all those colors. So R for me when/If I order one.
    1190 adventure R and 690 Enduro R would be a perfect pair :clap
  20. Tee2

Tee2 I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer:
    To me the 1190 makes sense. 70% of my riding is two-up mostly looking for a gravel or dirt road. So mostly pavement. More power and better mileage would be key. I think it looks good and would buy one. But I have no plans to get rid of my 990. Love that bike, the power is fine even two-up, looks great. I like how the HD guys don't know what to make of it. My wife and I where at a restaurant/bar the other day when about 8 Harleys pulled up and the guys and gal where looking it over. One guy even tried to lift his leg like he was getting on and nearly fell over. I really like that. The guys where kinda cool when they came in and saw us. Asked if it was a BMW. :huh

To me, where I live, a 700-850 adventure/dirt bike makes no sense. And probably where 75% of the people that live in the US for that matter. I would much rather have a 1190 and a 350-450 or 500 EXC for the dirt. Now if I lived out west (which I hope I will next year) the 700-850 might make sense if I could only have one bike, but for me I don't think so. I hope they do make it.

If KTM wants sales like BMW they will need to increase their dealer network. Some KTM dealers are not places that the casual buyer might just stop in and drop $17K. Where most BMW shops are more upscale. I do know a guy who had a HD and was driving past a newish BMW shop saw the bikes out front and stopped in. Had no clue about adventure bikes but though they where cool. The salesman kept pushing him to take one for a test ride. The KTM shop, unless you had $100 bills hanging out of your pocket, you're not getting a test ride. He decided to take a ride, and was told to be back 30 minutes before they closed. That would have been about a four hour ride. :eek1 Now this guy looks like any hard working construction worker heading home from work, even though he is loaded. He got back and talked price on a GS and pulled out $500 from his wallet and said I'll be back tomorrow to pick up the bike. There is no way he would have stopped at the KTM shop. Two of his Harley buddies have bought BMW's too, a GSA and a RT. I don't see KTM getting guys like that.