The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. RuggedExposure

RuggedExposure Now with more rugged

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah, I also put a Harris bipod on there to work with the monopod on the rear.
    Eventually it will have a rifle scope on it, but for now the Eotech and 3x magnifier works fine for coyote hunting.

[​IMG]
  2. Meter Man

Meter Man Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good God Man! Try something other than an AR build.:evil

3. Parepin

Parepin The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer:
    Do any of you guys have any experience with the Rossi Model 92 in a .357/.38 combo? I'm lookin for an affordable beater rifle to take out into the bush, and the lever actions have always given me a little boy woody.
  4. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The second from the left is just how they should look....and if I was to ever get a second AR pattern rifle it would be just like that one.

5. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The trail has warmed up again on a G43....Hitlers Garand. Hope this one comes to pass....it would round out the collection nice.

Not the rifle I am working on but this is what they are....this is actually a pic of a toy gun, but it is a good photo of what they look like.

[​IMG]
  6. RuggedExposure

Oddometer:

I have other rifles, this is just my AR collection...
    We have M4's at work and get .223 so thats why I have so many.
  7. RuggedExposure

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I wanted a retro looking one so I put that together with the triangle handguards.
  8. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    Well, you got my interest up when you asked this question. I wasn't aware of this model. Sounded like something that I would be interested so I did a little lookin' around. Now I want one.:deal

See here: http://smith-wessonforum.com/lounge/120042-rossi-mod-92-replica.html
  9. MightyChosen1

MightyChosen1 I wanna be sedated

Oddometer:

I picked one up cheap at at sporting goods store that was closing. I think I paid $125 out the door.

Nice little gun, Its accurate and has very little recoil. But it is prone to feeding problems with some ammo, It likes .357's best. One of these days I will take it apart and see if a little polishing will fix the problem.
  10. Parepin

Parepin The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer:

Yeah, that's what I had heard with the .38. From what I've read, a good going through SHOULD cure that. Debur, re-oil, polish, etc.

....I'll give you $250 for it

... $300 then

.....$120, my final offer.

....okay, $600

I don't know how to haggle......
  11. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    Those lever actions are sensitive to cartridge length. If it's set up to feed .357s, it just won't want to feed .38 specials.
  12. MightyChosen1

MightyChosen1 I wanna be sedated

Oddometer:

I was a little shocked that the price of the 92 is now around $400. I think mine had an original price of $269 , but that was around 10 years ago.

If I was going to spend that much I think I would spend a little more and buy a Winchester or a Marlin. The smoothness of the action and the finish of the Rossi is nowhere near my 30-30 Winchester.
  13. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    An original Marlin, perhaps. A quick review of the Marlin forums indicates the Marlins coming out of the Remington factory are not quality items.
  14. AZbiker

AZbiker Say hi to the bad guy

Oddometer:
    Search Youtube for the lowdown on what the Marlin factory is now putting out. Their 45-70s look horrible. It's really sad to see a great brand like Marlin go downhill.
  15. doc_ricketts

doc_ricketts Thumper jockey

Oddometer:
    When this start? My Guide Gun is four years old and very much quality.
  16. AZbiker

AZbiker Say hi to the bad guy

Oddometer:
    I think when they moved the factory. Bad rifling, scope rail on cockeyed, bad fit between receiver and wood, scratches on receiver, multiple trips back to the factory and the gun still isn't right. :cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUOrbeQNi2E

I would love to have a Henry OTOH.
  17. Hedge36

Hedge36 Long timer

Oddometer:
    GF bought a Marlin .44 about a year ago, front sight was 1mm shorter than spec, according to the gunsmith who straightened it out. He said he's seen a lot of that sort of thing from them over the past couple of years.
  18. tony the tiger

tony the tiger Long timer

Oddometer:
    secret owner of a Parmesan cheese factory
    :*sip* what're you trying to say?:D
  19. clevishook

clevishook stevedore

Oddometer:
    I bought a Marlin model 94 in .357 NIB and had to return it because of the gap between the receiver and the butt stock. Then I found a Winchester AE in .357 and spent way more than I should have but got what I wanted.
    Got my '78 model 94 30-30 for a quarter of the price of the '97 AE model 94 in .357.
  20. fyrfytr

fyrfytr B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    I have a Puma 1892 that's made by Rossi in Brazil. It's in .45 Colt, though. It's a fun rifle to plink with and quite accurate even with me shooting it. The safety is a little funky, but easy enough once you get used to it. I usually just use the half cock safety. It's a little on the plain side, but fit and finish is pretty good. Did I mention it's fun? I think you'll enjoy it if you do purchase it.