Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    WING IT !!!!!!
    Just go ride and see where you come out !!!
  2. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    and heaps of gps geeks on the gps part of the forum. there'll probably be specific threads on your exact issues, or just start your own and let the geeks have their wicked way with you:eek1

and getting back on topic.... FE570s rule! :clap:wings:super
  3. Anders J.

Anders J. Electric Enduro

Oddometer:
    Gravel riding in Sweden with my Husaberg FE570. Here´s some film...

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hQSBp98WwCM" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  4. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:

Looks like Canada
  5. BogeyMan

BogeyMan Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Even though this is a generic question, I figured this would be the right place as it's for my FE...

My bars are too low. What can I do to raise them? Right now, when I stand I feel I am hunched forwards a little, which is uncomfortable for extended periods - hence I find myself in the seat way too much.

I have (well, had) a set of the Enduro Engineering risers to give me an extra inch, but it seems that when I took my recent wrist breaking fall, I managed to actually bend one of the mounting bolts. Doesn't say much for the quality of bolt supplied does it?

My feeling is I need to raise the bars a good 2" from stock - and I already have the bars rotated to where the bend gives me the most rise. I don't want to go too far and have to deal with extending all the wires and the brake/clutch lines.

Are there any options that will use both holes on the triple clamp for additional strength/stability?

Oh, and only slightly related - switch clusters - can anyone recommend a good left-side cluster that's narrow, but will still have switches for all the usual lights (high/low/off), indicators & horn?
  6. frostyuk

frostyuk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Highway dirtbike for 2 bolt bar risers paul will make them to the height you want or make them lower and add in universal spacer type bar risers for adjustment.

What switch cluster are you using? The oem cev units are pretty slim
  7. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    +1 on both counts.

CEV unit (stock on Euro and OZ bikes, some US ones as well, part numbers were posted here many times) is very narrow and has all the functions except a starter button.

The HDB system is bomb proof as it uses 4x M10 bolts for mounting. I have at least 2" if not 3" of rise and can still use the stock clutch line and throttle cable, just rotate the cable feed to the bottom. Doubles as a submount for a Scotts damper if you eventually install one.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=KTM_LC010

[​IMG]
  8. Possu

Possu de-nOObed!

Oddometer:
  9. frostyuk

Oddometer:
    I use the rally raid riser with an hdb topclamp, the riser is very nice and in conjunction with the 3 hole factory clamps works for me, the hdb riser came out about a week after I bought the rallly raid one, in preference i would have gone for the hdb version as even with shipping costs to the uk I think it would have been cheaper than the rally raid bar riser
  10. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Steve and Ian,

Have you guys checked if the RR UK riser has the right damper mount geometry for the Husaberg triple clamps? They have less offset than the 690 ones, which I believe this mount was originally designed for.

An easy way to check is if connecting line of the two M6 damper mounting holes intersects with the centerline of the steering stem. If it's off by more than 1 or 2mm the damper will act progressively and place some additional stress on the seals.

Lukas
  11. FamilyRider

FamilyRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I used a SicAss Racing switch when I plated my FE450. Quality seems to be good.

[​IMG]

I also installed their start/kill switch on the right.

[​IMG]

For raising the bars, I used a Scotts dampener plus 10mm from an Enduro Engineering riser. I also switched to Motion Pro throttle cables to give me adjustment ability without removing the tank. I got a custom cable that is 1" longer than stock. I wish I had gone 2".
  12. frostyuk

Oddometer:
    Hi Lukas, I'm not running a steering damper so haven't checked, when I get my bile back from its annual check up I'll try and remember to have a look

Bw
    Ian
  13. pinevalley

pinevalley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    H! D! B! Great product. Fantastic customer service.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I might have the part numbers for the switches at home...I'll check.
  14. RememberTheFallen

RememberTheFallen Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree with the HDB recommendation. Very happy with his work.

[​IMG]

Bike packed and ready to ride a portion of the Trans Eastern Trail up to Hampton, TN tomorrow. Pretty excited.

Some packed pics;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Landroverholic

Landroverholic Callum

Oddometer:
    Just thought I would say a G'day.

I just bought a brand new 2009 0kms FE570 from the Husaberg dealer here in Tasmania.

The last new 570??

Good result. Happy boy!!

Callum
  16. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    an excellent choice! i compiled a few of the typical mods for a new one here. i would add getting a cush drive hub if you plan on a fair bit of road use, or just a pile of miles adventure riding as the countershaft can wear prematurely in those conditions.
  17. Landroverholic

Landroverholic Callum

Oddometer:
    Yes there will be a few things I need to do to the bike.

Taking it though Mongolia and Siberia next year.

Will read your thread so thanks for the info.

Callum
  18. scorpion

scorpion Two arm bandit

Oddometer:
    Repair or replace?
    [​IMG]
    The bottom tube is pretty banged up
    [​IMG]

Myler's?

Not finding a defacto list of aftermarket options
    Misomoto?
    OEM + BP rad guards?
  19. bikerbilly

bikerbilly throwing a leg over

Oddometer:
  20. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would send a picture to Myler's to get a quote since you are in the US, seems like they do very good work and will be able to fix this at a fair price.

If you are going with a replacement, I would only buy a set that you can fit BPD guards on. They should be high on everybodies list so the above doesn't happen, they are in a different league compared to all the other guards!

[​IMG]