Teiz Motorsports One Piece Riding Suits - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by TheNedster, Feb 14, 2009.

1. hutchthefreaker

hutchthefreaker Uneducated.

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Fell it would make a good first suit? (Noob here :rofl)
  2. MillCreek

MillCreek ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer:
    I do, although I do emphasize something for everyone who uses textile gear on the wet side of the Pacific NW: wash and treat the suit with the Nikwax TX Direct wash-in waterproofing.

I have textile suits and jackets up the wazoo, and once a year, I wash them and treat them with Nikwax. It makes a significant difference in the water-resistance of the gear. I may wash my gear more than once a year, depending on how dirty it gets, but I always do the annual waterproofing. This and making sure the zippers are closed and the weather flaps tightly sealed over the zippers makes a big difference.

I have three one-piece suits: the Lombard, the Olympia Phantom and the Olympia Stealth, and I primarily use them for my business commuting. I work in a business suit, and the convenience of a one-piece is perfect for work commuting. I have two-piece gear that I use for the weekends and recreational riding.
  3. UAV online

UAV online Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Why is it that you find the Teiz Lombard better suited to the northwestern winter, and the Olympia Phantom to spring and fall?

I'm shopping for my first commuter suit and the new V3 looks like the ticket. I haven't been riding all that long, so I've just been getting by with some Carhartt Double Fronts (over Forcefield "Limb Tube" knee armor) and a Teknic perforated leather jacket. Temperatures have been all over the place this year (in SoCal) and with no liner or adjustable venting this jacket doesn't really cut it. As we go into fall here I'll have to start layering a windbreaker underneath, which that adds another minute or two to an already lengthy process. So, yeah, a one-piece suit I can wear over my work clothes would be great.
  4. MillCreek

MillCreek ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer:
    It all comes down to sizing.

At the time I bought it, I did not know that the Olympia products run small for their size. By the sizing chart, I would fit a size Large. I ordered a size XL to be able to fit with the liner over my business suit. It does, but not comfortably. It does fit comfortably without the liner.

So when I ordered the Lombard, Ghazi recommended that I go up two sizes, to make sure that the suit with liner fit well over my business suit. I bought the 2XL and it does.

So, I use the Lombard in cold weather with the liner, and the Olympia in warmer weather without the liner. I also don't have to swap out the liners this way, too.
  5. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I pay for a pre-ordered V3 this week, are we still looking at a 6-8 week lead time? It'll be a size small in light grey.

It won't effect my purchasing one, I'm just curious.

EDIT: Re-read the website; mid to late November.

Well just take this as a BUMP then!
  6. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think V3 would be perfect for your needs. With the vents closed, you have an excellent wind-breaking outer layer.
  7. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    In an effort to further improve our service, we are moving to a new warehouse. Please do not send us any packages without confirming the new address with us.

Thanks
  8. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your order.. We will make sure that this turns out to be the better choice.
  9. Testcase

Testcase Not to be trusted

Oddometer:

Can't wait!
  10. Boston813

Boston813 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ghazi,

I seem to be between sized on the Mojave suit but I was going to pull the trigger on the XL, for the price I'm willing to give it a shot. Do you have any info on the arm length?
  11. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    First up, we are between warehouses so we wont be able to ship before end of next week.

the arm length, starting at the shoulder seam going up to the edge of the wrist for an XL is approximately 27.5 inches.

Thanks
  12. Boston813

Boston813 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ghazi,

Thanks for getting back to me. The arm length thing may be an issue. At 27.5 inches that would put it past my fingertips. I'm guessing that even if I was able to get into a large I would still need something that was closer to a large - short. Chalk me up as another person asking for a "short" option.
  13. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    how about a custom suit :evil
  14. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any date on availability?
  17. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    availabilty of these pants? we have stock at the shows.

v3 suits are expected to start shipping mid november (will be available at the shows as well)
  18. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
  19. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh!
    We have phased out the Ventura at the moment due to some reasons we will be disclosing soon. We may be bringing out a replacement but cant guarantee at the moment about when that will be available.
    Thanks
  20. Spam16v

Spam16v Squid Rocket Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm still kinda fond of my hi-viz ventura, can't wait to see what's been improved. only part that doesn't thrill me is how the cuffs bunch up at the wrist with the zippers. I pimp your wares every weekend I teach the MSF basic rider course and refer quite a few people to your website.