Pollution issues

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by firstlog, Nov 21, 2012.

1. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wouldn't quoting the article tend to indicate I read it? You'll do well around here.
  2. FloridaSteve

FloridaSteve Long timer

Oddometer:
    When I get some time I'll address that article and provide a few modern technologically comparable examples in response to this"deep science" blather regarding the most " technologically advanced" generation of engine being superior.. for the moment I'm calling it a night.
  3. lnewqban

lnewqban Ninjetter

Oddometer:
    If, showing such nice manners, you have done well, who wouldn't? :1drink

I have change the font's color of the unfortunate quote as per your suggestion.

Learning is my thing, not hostility.
    Sorry, I just didn't expect such response to my first post in this site.

Still true, IMHO:

-- The combustion of the oil in the gas.

Modern 2S', with inlet and exhaust valves, direct fuel injection, ash free lubricants and pumped lubrication get close to 4S' regarding cleanness.

However, the whole amount of lubricant, although smaller than years ago, is exhausted.

-- ......., part of (fresh mix) leaks out through the exhaust port.

The power valve, can broad the curve of the engine flatter, but still some raw fuel escapes for any regime less than peak efficiency.

All this is achieved sacrificing the simplicity, lightness, cost and reliability of the original two-stroke engines.

I believe that nobody can accurately assess which engine is cleaner, since the many factors involved make it a moving target.

A huge 2S engine used in a ship rotating at steady speed (for which it has been designed) may be much cleaner that a little 4S engine used in a motorcycle rotating all over the range of rpm's and loads.

Evaluating the negative environmental impact of each type is equally difficult.
    For sure, either 2S or 4S motorcycles, being the 3% of the registered vehicles in USA, cannot do more damage than the other 97%.
  4. ssregal39

ssregal39 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <<Q>> Btw. the Aspen gas is completly ethanol free and can be stored in years! I'am using it now for three years without any problems.<<Q>>

Man you folks in Europe are lucky not having to put up with the garbage fuel we have forced upon us here in the states. Stuff is terrible! That is all. and:clap oh yeah 2 Smokes Rule!!!
  5. nsu max

nsu max Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry all, but this is how I feel and I'm sorry if I piss anybody off. After fortyfive years of watching/listening everybody tell us whats best for us and by "everybody" government and manufactures alike it's like this, I like my four strokes but you can't beat a nice light tourqie open class 2 stoke for tight trails, hell for two track and fire roads for that matter! The so called noise is music and the exhaust is prefume. end of story. One last thing if anybody has figured out how to get the spouse to dab a little castor oil or Klotz behind the ear please tell me after more than 30 years my wife still says no.:lol3
  6. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Buy one of these (not cheap 'bout $70/oz.) pour some out. Thin the bean oil w/VP C12 and pour into Joy bottle. Keep us posted on how it works.

[​IMG]
  7. chollo9

chollo9 Screwed the Pooch

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]