Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. thistle66

thistle66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll buy it off you! :deal

I was gonna buy that exact one, but had issues with my paypal at that time, so told Rhodie to sell it to next in line instead of waiting. Kinda assumed another run of em would happen; missed out :baldy.
  2. panthercity

panthercity Cap'n Crunch

Oddometer:
    Suggest your dealer google the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and get back to you.
  3. danger_dave

danger_dave That's me

Oddometer:
    Obviously down to the high quality of the original post....what?....something to do with the bike?......bugger. :-)
  4. Maxacceleration

Maxacceleration Off the grid

Oddometer:
    AUCK!!!

Glad to hear I may not have warranty issues with my oh so cool Rhodie part.
    Should be on next week! :D

My pannier mounts are in, time to finish up the fit.
    Hopefully next week.

Out of town for a few days...
  5. arewethereyet

arewethereyet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Kudos DD for starting the Bible according to Scramblers. It now has a great following.

BTW. Your original post solidified my decision last year to go from Daytona to Scrambler...haven't looked back since ;)

Cheers
    Peter
  6. wiseanhyzer

wiseanhyzer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Indeed, a VERY high quality original post.

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

Anytime I google anything for the Scrambler I get results in this thread. EPIC thread.

Thanks Danger Dave!
  7. Firedawg450

Firedawg450 Why did I wait??

Oddometer:
    This has probably been covered somewhere in the six hundered pages, but I'm wondering if someone can tell me what jetting & number of turns they may have done on an 07 Scram with gutted stock pipes, gutted airbox (restrictor gone), unifilter, snorkle removed? I'm using the Jenks tuning guide as my main source - main jets 122, pilots 40, 1 shim. Trying to figure out the right number of turns on the idle mixture.

Thanks
  8. rous44

rous44 Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. Bad-Tat

Bad-Tat 800 XC

Oddometer:
    My Rhodie caliper relocation bracket hasn't caused one issue for my 07!!!
  10. wiseanhyzer

wiseanhyzer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Best resource I know of is Ventura's posts over on Rat.net. LINK

Looks like you are right on the money with 120/40/1 shim. Ventura recommended 1 turn. Should get you pretty close anyway.
  11. Firedawg450

Firedawg450 Why did I wait??

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Wise. I went 1 3/4 turns and it felt pretty good, but maybe I'll drop it down and take it for another spin.

12. Heatwave

Heatwave Obsessive-Compulsive

Oddometer:
    Here is a picture of my new Scrambler that I picked up on Friday. Only 200 miles so far but I love it.

[​IMG]

A big thanks to everyone who has shown so much passion for their bikes in this thread. I saw a picture of MaxAcceleration's bike a few weeks ago in the Naked Touring thread and was smitten. If we ever run into each other first round is on me. Sorry that I am going to have a clone of your bike once I get the screen and engine bars.

More pictures and questions to follow.

Bruce
  13. Maxacceleration

Maxacceleration Off the grid

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the compliment Bruce. Farkle your bike to your satisfaction. :wink:

I moved my girlfriend out of Woodland Park just three years ago. We hope to return and visit again soon, Triumph in hand.
    And yes I will certainly be bought a first round. :1drink

Enjoy your new scoot! :clap
  14. geo-k

geo-k Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did the LED idiot light conversion and AI removal kit from newbonneville.com this weekend. I have a couple of comments on the procedure for those that may not have done these upgrades, but are considering it.

The LED kit works great, and the procedure is relatively easy. The only problem I had was trying to line-up the interior washers on the inside of the plastic housing behind the gauge cluster. They sit up on a little lip in the housing, and fall off and rattle around in the housing if you don't line the screws up properly. I dabbed them with a little silicon adhesive to keep them put while I lined up the holes. Lights are very bright and clear now (even in direct sunlight).

The AI kit was also an easy install (or removal actually), with a few exceptions. The AI tubes that insert into the head are supposed to be removed with a 13mm deep well socket. It would need to be 6 inches deep to work, which I didn't have. Also, the tip of the tube bell's out to make a flange fit for the hose that goes over it. A 3/8" drive socket wouldn't clear the flange on the drive end. I bought the longest 13mm 1/2" drive I could find locally, thinking it would clear the flange in case it wasn't quite long enough. It wasn't long enough or wide enough. Time to make the tool work, whether it wants to or not.:evil I slipped it on and wacked it with a hammer a few times and knocked the lip of the flange enough to slide on. Went over to the next side, and repeated procedure...but the tube bent instead.:cry Wound up having to bend the tube back and snap it off instead (I guess I will have to buy parts if I decide to add back the AI). I tried to torque the new bolt plugs in, but my torque wrench felt odd. The replacement bolts are "12"MM - not 13mm?!:huh Well that wasn't in the instructions!
    Well, I rode the Scrambler this morning, and no backfiring/popping on deceleration. In fact, the TORS just sounded smoother and more mellow. Bonus.:clap Also, I could be imagining things, but the power delivery felt smoother as well.
    All in all, a relatively inexpensive bit of farkeling, with noticeable improvements and no apparent downsides. :D
  15. Grizzlybear

Grizzlybear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The weekend has come and gone, the BEARS Challenge (British, American, European Racing, no jappers... get it) races were run and won and all objectives meet. Concerning the last, the main one was to ensure that I could drive myself home instead of being driven home with my arm in a sling (or worse!)

The bottom line... the Scram ran perfectly, heaps dropped by in the pits to ape at the bike, pass admiring glances and take their pics. Due to a small number of entries in the BEARS formula 4 section in which we were entered, formula 3,4&5 sections where run together to form a total field of about 25 bikes.

We finished a stong last, second last, third or fourth last in all races but in so doing managed to accrue the most points in the Formula 4 division so we got to cart home the trophy!!!! Hows that! Here's a couple of pics but the trackside photographer took a whole bunch of action shots which I'll post when they arrive on CD in the mail.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For those interested in lap times, my best was 1min 19.8 secs but was generally circulating in the 1min 20/21sec bracket. The lead riders were riding 125kg Aprillia RSV550 supermotards doing around 1min 7 sec to 1min 10 sec laps. Morgan Park at Warwick is a curcuit of 2.1km with an extension of .9km to be added later this year which will make it an awesome place to ride. My personal challenge was to finish the race before being lapped by these fearless young'uns on their souped up trail bikes... hey, isn't that what our Scrambler is?

[​IMG]
    The Contenental Race Attacks worked brilliantly with never an "oh bugger" type moment!
  16. arewethereyet

arewethereyet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice one Griz! Bang-up job mate a smashing looking scram!

Ceers
    Peter
  17. thistle66

thistle66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    lol. Awesome!! That's pure Scrambler style...not great at anything but happily wins everything overall.
    Looks like you worked those tyres.
  18. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    Congrats on winning the trophy Grizz. Well done mate. :clap :clap :clap

You should let Triumph know what you're up to. I'm sure, with them now competing in WSS they'd be interested in another Triumph winning a trophy.
  19. RicH2

RicH2 Ric H2

Oddometer:

You might try....STAT-O-SEALS.....do a search....i found them here: http://www.pitstopusa.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=3175

They're a washer with an O-ring seal in them.

Gerat stuff for a lot of uses.....
  20. panthercity

panthercity Cap'n Crunch

Oddometer:
    :clap :clap YeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaa! Congrats Girz! :clap :clap