The Adirondacks and Beyond

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by prometheus rising, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Hannda

Hannda Short, fat, bearded, old & slow

Oddometer:
    I've only been twice since the fire and rebuild, when ~ 25 years ago? It was pretty, but lacked the "charm" of the original. I'm sure it's fully weathered and broken in now and just as good as the original Koom Room.
  2. Firenailer

Firenailer Still Ridin'

Oddometer:
    Great RR. Man I love riding through the Adirondacks! Some of the greatest roads and scenery anywhere. Really enjoyed the pics, great job!
  3. prometheus rising

prometheus rising Ghost In The Machine

Oddometer:
    We head for home and when we reach that certain fork in the road, we give each other a nod and a wave and as I go east. Roger continues south. A few miles later I come across ...

The Ladies in the field

[​IMG]

So I pull over for a visit. Years ago The Red Ace taugt me to become more aware, to not merely look but also to see, look at the broad picture he said but also observe the minutia of the environment you inhabitat at every moment. I remaim grateful for this advic because were it not for these lessons,over the years that have passed I would have missed many wonders of the world such as...

New Life

[​IMG]

Vivid Shades of Blue

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Red Striped turtleneck

[​IMG]

Hungry Aphids

[​IMG]

And a distant relative of a creature I had seen earlier that day many miles to the North. Although this one seemed to have ....

Anger Issues

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And when I returned to the bike I swear the prettiest one of all was.....

Sad I Was Leaving

[​IMG]
  4. prometheus rising

Oddometer:
    I am an early riser by nature and as such I am fortunate to live in an area where the combination of a nearby river valley, hills, lakes ,ponds and streams combine their unique traits on the atmosphere .

And so I take the bike out as often as I can before the sun breaks the horizon. For I find that this time of day, before the vast majority of the world stirs and fills the ether with their constant mind chatter is when I am most at peace.

And this is what the beginning of my rdes this weekend brought..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. DubCut

DubCut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    wow man, beautiful stuff.
  6. Knute Dunrvnyet

Knute Dunrvnyet Padawan

Oddometer:
    you are very good. thank you for sharing.
  7. Paulcet

Paulcet Invisible apparently

Oddometer:
    Wow. Incredible!
  8. Lamancha55

Lamancha55 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great Pics. :clap I live in Saratoga and you are inspiring me to get out a lot earlier when I ride up to the Adirondacks.

BTW, what type of camera and/or leans are you using?
  9. prometheus rising

Oddometer:
    Dave, as always my friend, thanks for stopping by and the comments

Dubcut, Knute D, Paulcet - thank you too

Lamancha 55, Nikon d200, nikor 12-24. 18-200 for the serious shots, canon s90 is for quick grabs, small world dude, Spent most of my life in Saratoga, currently live about 10 miles out of town behind the lake. PM me if you want to hook up for a ride or photo locations. Maybe I've seen you around, what do you ride?
  10. pit0rz

pit0rz Off on a bimble... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Subscribed! :thumb
    If ya see me around, give a wave! I'll likely be on this:
    [​IMG]
  11. the darth peach

the darth peach eats crackers in bed Supporter

Oddometer:
    Some impressive shots!!
  12. Dragonflylily

Dragonflylily One Women -Two wheels

Oddometer:
    It's as if your in my backyard because the parents of the Killdeer (chick) were zooming all around us this evening. Every summer we look on the side of our pond because that's the rockiest spot to disguise their eggs.It's amazing how they just blend into the surroundings. We also had to pick up and move a very large snapper recently & I had no idea that they are able to twist their head & neck around, yikes.

I'm going to hit the road early tomorrow & see what I can come up with thanks to you. Please continue with the beauty you are able to capture that eludes so many of us.
  13. Lamancha55

Lamancha55 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi prometheus rising. Yeah, I'd love to head out for a ride. However, I'm heading outa town for a bit and it may be a couple weeks. I'll PM you.

I don't think I seen your bike around yet. Great looking bike though.:thumb

This is my current steed.:evil

[​IMG]

if your out by the lake you probably recognize this area

[​IMG]

I was out other night in my ongoing attempt to be a become photographer. I guess I consider myself a good photographer in the same way a Marine considers himself a good machine gunner, achieving accuracy by volume. :lol3

Here is a pic of my current fan base.

[​IMG]

I appreciate their discriminating tastes.

My plan is to do the Trans Lab Trail next summer and I figure I best get a little better a photography so I can share the trip.

Great thread. Subscribed and we'll have to get out on the bikes soon.
  14. DC950

DC950 Microadventurer

Oddometer:
    Really nice pics. Some are just great.

BTW, my friend's brother parks his bike in handicapped parking (when he's not in prison that is). He only has one leg below the knee. He keeps his handicapped tag in his wallet.
  15. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:
    prometheus rising, thanks for posting some amazing photos. I grew up back in VT and my grandparents lived in Warrensburg. I have some fond memories of the area. The mural on the side of the museum has been touched up well. If I recall, there is a player piano in there from my grandfathers dude ranch near Thurman. Hmmmmmm, Oscars!!! Miss the bacon and smoked cheddar. (I know I can order online, just not the same as standing at the counter) I haven't been back since my grandmother passed. Need to make it back there sooner than later.

Thanks again and keep sharing if you would. Digging the commentary too.
  16. prometheus rising

Oddometer:
    Dave, thanks my friemd

pitOrz - sweet bike, dig the tiger in red. You'll be hard to miss, definitely flag you down if I see you in my travels

dp - thanks for stopping by again and the comments,

Dragonflylily, those snappers do have an extreme neck don't they, love to see your early a.m. shots

Lamancha55 - that barn is right in my hood, the cow pics i posted previously were a couple hundred feet up the road. Sweet ride man, never seen it around but I'll keep an eye out

dc950 thanks for stopping by

rides2little, appreciate the visit and comments, next time I'm through Warrensburg I'll stop at the museum if they're open and get a shot of your Grandfathers piano

17. prometheus rising

Oddometer:
    After 4,000 miles and change the stock seat seemed to be getting harder rather than a bit broken in. So after not riding for 3 days, I took off for a bit this morning to test out an item that UPS delivered yesterday...

[​IMG]

The storms that swept through last night provoded a somewhat decent early morning with soft muted colors ...

[​IMG]

As this was basically a test ride for the seat and i wanted to knock out some miles quicklyI made one stop only and it wasn;t to relieve my butt, I just dug the view

[​IMG]

And apparently so did this guy..........

[​IMG]

It looks like crazy weather tomorrow and Saturday with severe thunderstorms during the evening and afternoon both days and while it sucks for riding it usually means gorgeous views pre dawn and sunrise so it looks like 1 or 2 magic light sojourns coming up. Sunday looks like a beauty all day and i,m already mapping a route out

Thanks again to all who have stopped by and commented :thumb

Oh and I almost forgot - 125 miles on it and I.m loving the seat, Sunday I'll shoot for 250 and see how that feels
  18. pit0rz

pit0rz Off on a bimble... Supporter

Oddometer:
    North Shore Rd (Saratoga Co Rt 4) just above the Conklingville Dam! :clap One of my fav riding areas.
  19. NHBill

NHBill Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer:
    Love the thread and awesome photos! Really enjoy your writing as well. Went to the SUNY ESF field camp North of Warrensburg when I was in college and try to get back to the ADK's every fall to hike with some friends.

I may be riding through your area in October this year (time and weather permitting) on the way to a reunion and if so, I'd love to hook up somewhere, even if only for a cup of coffe and some BS.

Thanks for a great thread, please keep it coming.

Let us know how the new seat works out, been considering adding one to my Christmas list:D
  20. v4rider

v4rider Re-tread

Oddometer:
    Great photography! You have a fine eye! I ride the 'dacks a lot and I've ridden some of these roads before. Sounds like another weekend run is needed.