Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Less than 100 miles on this one, not too far away from you. Save you $1400 on a new CRF, and buy you several cans of red krylon and a Honda sticker...that'd be different.

:D

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2008-Yamaha-Wr250r-107287057
  2. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I emailed this guy on 11-13 and he still had it. Has 4000 miles. http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/3398129140.html

I payed $2250 for my 08 last fall with 5000 miles on it. I love my WR and if I can find another one cheap I will buy it for Kyle. If not I might give kyle my WR and look for a bigger bike for me. Maybe somthing orange.
  3. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    You would look good on a 450....
  4. Landon

Landon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't rule out the KLX250 with a 351 kit. I am thinking about going that route when I have the cash available. Seems like the thing to do, gut the extra CC's and keep the weight of a 250.
  5. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I'm surprised Kawasaki hasn't updated the KLX with fuel injection since it's now competing with the Honda and Yamaha.
    Kawasaki usually rolls out updates quicker than the other manufacturers.

You don't need a 351 kit btw...you already leave me in the dust with 250cc. ;)
  6. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    The KLR and Ninja 250 are great examples of that.....
  7. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    lol, both of which I have. ;)

I should have qualified that by saying when Kawasaki gets one upped they usually respond quicker... :evil

Like with the new Ninjette 300
  8. Landon

Landon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe they don't see the need for fuel injection.
  9. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    It has been FI in Japan (called the D Tracker there) for 3+ years.
  10. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    (Like I said a week or so ago in the midst of unrelated conversations) I really hope Kawasaki takes a cue from their mini streetbike bikes, and bumps the klx250s up to 300cc and adds fuel injection. That would have real potential, plus it would create more competition within the segment, and perhaps spur the introduction of a 400-450cc jap dual sport wr450r type of bike.
  11. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Eventually one of the Jap 4 will do a 400-450 efi dual sport. I get why they haven't yet, but once they cross that hurdle they're going to sell a lot of bikes. Just be a question of who does it first then who does it best.

I'd prefer to see Yamaha take that on, as the jump from the WR250 is so nearly there with the engine they have...and nothing else really needs changed beside displacement.

My dream of an efi airhead 450 in an aluminum frame and good USD forks may never come to fruition, but a boy can dream.
  12. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    Ever hear of microsquirt? Kind of a DIY efi setup,but its very possible to make that happen swing.
  13. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Yeah, XR400 motor in a CRF450 frame, fab up a sub-frame, DIY throttle body....but that's for guys with patience, fabrication skills and ugly wives. I have better shit to do.

:lol3
  14. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh that is what I want. Change nothing about the wr250r but the displacement. Doesn't even need to go up that much, 350cc would probably get that serious boost in low to mid range power. I'm pleased with the top end already

I bet cooling would be an issue, with the single radiator.
  15. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    so, what you are saying is, you want this, but just not bad enough to do anything about it.
  16. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Yup, that's exactly what I'm saying.

If I had the time, skills and donor bikes, I'd already be riding it.
  17. MrFurious

MrFurious Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I find it a bit amusing that so many are trying to convince me to get a WRR (mostly those who own one). Are you guys working on commission for Yamaha parts sales now or something? :lol3

I have given that option a lot of thought - in fact I even went and looked at an `06 250S last week up near Archbold, OH but the wiring harness had been seriously Bubba-ized and the guy still wanted $3k for it. I told him he was nuckin futz and left. Lots of used `09 and `10 KLX's for sale on CL, but I'm still partial to the 250L having butt-tested the newer KLX's.
  18. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Last September, I bought a 2008 WRR with only 225 miles for $4000. The original owner took it "offroad" once, to ride around his lawn.

This is a good time of year to catch deals, as owners debate winterizing a bike they rarely ride.
  19. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I really don't see an aircooled EFI bike ever happening, that would be a bitch to tune and would NEVER meet emissions. It really isn't that hard to set up EFI where it was not before, I've done a few VW engines (how I know aircooled engines suck to tune) and megasquirted my old Merkur to be able to tune the turbo engine better.

Also, tis the season to buy fast cars, boats and bikes. People need christmas presents, those things are expendable, and no one has boat or bike fever in december.
  20. ruppster

ruppster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Except for guys that don't winterize bike. :evil Almost no one. :rofl