The All New LIQUID COOLED R1200GS threadfest

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Dorsicano, Feb 3, 2011.

1. tagesk

tagesk Tuscan rider

Oddometer:
    Sir,
    Sorry to repeat myself, but I did tell you two pages ago that nothing non-trivial is known about the next model.
    There is nothing to be found here except entertainment.
    Why that surprises you, or even makes you appear with a less than ideal attitude, I don't understand.

This thread now has 996 posts.
    I hope you understand what that means.

[TaSK]
  2. McFuryMcNugget

McFuryMcNugget me specie in dea ist

Oddometer:
    I did like the songs :D
    Looks like it will be a while until they show the Water Head.
    I did a quick look in the Europacorp chat forums and they say the same as ADV.
    Some say horsepower is from a 1270 lc 128 horses and 14.5kgm thrust.
    More have said they want 140-150 hp.
    i think the bike will be 2013 model since the rally is sold as 2012 in Europa.

And Tommy its good to crash and let out feelings its good for you.

McFury who has been a little bored my self over the no news.

Attached Files:

3. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    LED running lights... adjustable screen... gas tank looks larger than on the 12GS, unless these are GS ADV.

Attached Files:

4. GB

Oddometer:
    The FD doesn't look quite finished. They had a similar one on the K1600GT in testing but the final version does not have a hole in the middle.

Attached Files:

5. GB

Oddometer:
    One more

Attached Files:

6. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Nice find Rick!

Hopefully this isn't a slightly disguised version of the finished bike. It is kind of industrial looking, even for a BMW!:lol3

Jim :brow
  7. ragtoplvr

ragtoplvr Long timer

Oddometer:
    All that precious hole in the middle does is add the need for another seal, and provide another place to leak. I doubt if it is lighter.

Ros
  8. twray

twray Adventurer

Oddometer:
    New oil filter placement under left cylinder.
  9. hillbillypolack

hillbillypolack Grumpy Old Goat

Oddometer:
    Can't say that I like what I see, though they are development mules. It appears they have a lot in common with the Multistrada. Are they following that lead?

I can't be alone by saying I don't need a 140hp enduro / GS
  10. McFuryMcNugget

McFuryMcNugget me specie in dea ist

Oddometer:
    Only 2 things wrong with this.

The cast wheels / And small panniers.
    The GS/GSA ? Hard to say ??????????? > GS.?
    What i like already The BOXER ENGINE LOOKS WOW Looks 10 times better then i thought i would.
    The adjustment Screen. The pillon grip Much better set up. . And the rear cargo plate looks Bigger And that i like.
    The biggest Change in ergo are the Disk brakes front and rear appear to be bigger Thats good.
    If you can judge a bike by the photo that is:wink:
    The bike looks faster in service intervals.The only thought is the oil filter looks kinda low ? Any way for the lava rock in Iceland.
    Made me a Happy Puppie so now i can Dance Away Over To The New Year.

I can wait for more info Now :lol3

The Fact that the new Motor Year is Mid Calender Year is that Mr Ford did send out the Ford Mustang 1964 1/2
    In 1964 1/2 :D
    This became a big issue for the motor makers in the world and the time was set to this mid year date so they walk as one in the market department. So as i have said before the new bike will be in sale mid next summer im shure it will hit the USA as well at the same time.They have been testing the bike to the 250.000km range and the euro forums have been talking about its all good.

McFury Dancing with tears in my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs2j8f7H2WY

Happy New Year Boys and Gals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVpu8Jnm1z0&feature=related
  11. Geoffster

Geoffster Fool - Born This Way

Oddometer:
    BMW is paralleling the evolution/devolution of the Jeep. Weep, but it's inevitable, just like the loss of a prehensile tail.
  12. tagesk

tagesk Tuscan rider

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Where the hot air-stream from the radiator is to exit?

[TaSK]
  13. RED CAT

RED CAT Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer:
    Thats a GSA. Kinda fat for my liking. If thats a GS, I'll be getting one of the new older ones.
  14. 996DL

996DL Dunning-Kruger PHD

Oddometer:
    New and much more revealing photos, what a great way to see the old year out ! :thumb

And the wailing and moaning of the luddites is completely understandable, given the truly monumental design shift, of the boxer layout. :nod :*sip*

996DL
  15. hillbillypolack

hillbillypolack Grumpy Old Goat

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't say its only the luddites with those sentiments. If those images are the GS in development, there is a marked departure from what the GS is now, to what those images show. Regardless of engine power and performance.

Radial dual disc brakes on the front tell me it's more of a roadbike than a Gelande/Strasse. The overall heft and weight (visually) look less 'Gelande' capable than the current model. However, it could be a well-camouflaged disguise. It could also be the GSA version with larger capacity for fuel.

Is it me, or are the Boxer 'jugs' higher up on the engine than the current model? In the first images (riders coming straight on), the right jug is lower than the left. Does anyone else see that, or is it me?

I like the removable passenger pegs. The windscreen looks like an afterthought, from a 'substance' perspective. How sturdy is it, and how well does it shield you?

The headers look tortured, really twisted coming out of the head.

Just initial comments, as I know this is either 1) a decoy, or 2) a disguised development mule and many things will yet be refined.

If this is the direction for the new GS, then it certainly will be more 'Strasse' than a balance of G/S.
  16. Gruesome

Gruesome Alter Heizer

Oddometer:
    Optical illusion, due to some greenery partially obscuring the left cylinder. If it were real, it would mean that they turned the crankshaft vertical...
  17. g_e_young

g_e_young Born to ride

Oddometer:
    Me thinks it's a GS, imho. Because of the intake coming into the top of the cylinder heads, the throttle bodies AND airbox are now in the tank area, not to mention the radiators. That doesn't leave a ton of room for fuel. They'll have to get very creative to fit a 9 gallon tank on the GSA; my guess is that the tank will be including the area where the airbox is on the current generation of GS's.

I'll bet this is closer to the finished product than we'd like to believe. Items like the fancy headlight, instrument panel, fork fairing, etc. would imply that this is -very- close to production.

Yes, the MultiStrada upped the ante and BMW is playing catch-up. Also, if you have a 130HP bike that can do 150MPH, you need improved aerodynamics which means it will probably look more like the Multi also.

g-
  18. Ze_zaskar

Ze_zaskar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Also looks like that to me, there should be some weird optical ilusion
  19. tagesk

tagesk Tuscan rider

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

To me, it looks like R 1000GS.

[TaSK]
  20. bemiiten

bemiiten League of Adventures

Oddometer:
    I disagree, The Ducati, despite the marketing hype, is not a Dualsport bike. And on a bike that needs to perform offroad, off idle smoothness and torque far outweigh sales team driven HP & top speed numbers. Lets hope BMW isn't foolish enough to try and compete with a bike that is not it's competition.