Boise ride this weekend...

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by ryanwilliamcantrell, Oct 17, 2007.

1. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think the trail size is a mix. I did see some single track trails, but haven't ridden them. I think there are some really good riders out there which could ride East Mtn Way trail, but there are some tough spots no matter what bike. I did fine on the TW last year, with one off on the way north. This year my son said it was fun and easy on his KTM 450 exc. Have to admit I was nervous last year though. With my skill, I wouldn't try it on say a klr 650, but I'm sure some could.

Oh, and one more thing. I got the idea to ride this trail after watching a video from motorviking.com or something like that. They mentioned it being an easy ATV trail. It looked like it so I tried it.

Here's a little video from my ride last year.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kW6eZW8sR3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  2. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
  3. Handy

Handy Sunburnt

Oddometer:
    I went to the Wind River Pack Bridge yesterday afternoon. Had a fun and beautiful ride up the Salmon River.

[​IMG]

I was planning to go up the 4 wheeler trail that follows Carey Creek to Burgdorf. It was a really great ride, really rocky and steep in places with gorgeous views and a bunch of log crossings. My legs were a little sore today.

[​IMG]

Looking across the river to the Gospel Humps

[​IMG]

Back towards the Seven Devils

[​IMG]

Ran into a little snow before I made it over the top

[​IMG]

So I had to head back down to the river, I love those iconic downriver views looking into the evening sun

[​IMG]

I guess I will head up French Creek tomorrow to Burgdorf.
  4. ryanwilliamcantrell

ryanwilliamcantrell Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer:
    That's "Phil Hill!" area!!

Good riding up there. I did it on my KTM950. :evil

<object style="position:absolute;z-index:1000" type="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">

</object>
  5. ryanwilliamcantrell

Oddometer:
    Great pics. Looks like a really nice day's ride. :norton

<object style="position:absolute;z-index:1000" type="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">

</object>
  6. rockhopjohn

rockhopjohn I LOVE Orogenies

Oddometer:
    Is that a challenge? :D
  7. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
  8. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    I can take you up there John, maybe July sometime. We can stay at my place in Cascade. Let me know! Of course I'll ride it on my DRZ but If Ryan can do so can you. :evil
  9. ryanwilliamcantrell

Oddometer:
    For sure!:deal

If I'm not knee-deep in school... I'll tag along too.

</object>
  10. 3horsepack

3horsepack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just thought I would chime in. Hope all is well.:clap
  11. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
    Hey IAMCer's:

I'm going to ride up to Seafoam GS and Josephus Lake on Monday June 17th... it's a somewhat remote area, so it would be great to have some company if you'd like a great DS ride... although I've got to head home after tagging these two sites, if you wanted, you could make a loop of it and pick up Red Fish Lodge, Pole Creek GS, Triumph, and Sheep Bridge...

I've got to be home Monday afternoon, so I will head home after we get back out to the highway from Seafoam... we could meet up at the Chevron in Horse shoe Bend at say... 9am??

PM me if interested
  12. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mother nature has decided to not grants access to Loon Creek just yet .... maybe in a couple of weeks. It would be pretty easy to roll a bike like the Z down the ledge to the lower road surface.

[​IMG]
  13. ryanwilliamcantrell

Oddometer:
    Make certain you get up to Seafoam Lakes if the snow will let you... simply beautiful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We took the Crawler up there last year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If my memory serves me right, a month prior to that, I'd had an 'incident' riding around Josephus Lake and got my bike stuck.

I crapped out here on this climb.

[​IMG]

Had to dump all my gear, and spend 45 minutes dragging my tires around to flip the bike around on the trail. It was miserable.

[​IMG]

It's a wonderful little lake, though, and the ride in is SIMPLY FANTASTIC.

[​IMG]

</object>
  14. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:

Hey Ryan;
    I'll check it out, but I'm on the big bike, do you think that big honker will make it up there?
  15. ryanwilliamcantrell

Oddometer:
    Depends which bike it is. If you've got suspension and clearance like a 950, sure. If you're more on a Strom like or Tiger-like bike, I wouldn't risk losing your bike... It was a bit of a workout on the bigger bike. That being said, I also saw a 1500 series Chevy up there last time, so it's a wider road.

</object>
  16. Jason Abbott

Jason Abbott Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer:
    Those pictures again. :D They made me try to get to Seafoam last year but the roads were still closed for the fire. :cry Hopefully this year!

My ride report backlog is decades long. I just finished a little one with my daughter from six years ago while our local hills were looking pretty fine. There's a ride video at the end from about 11 years ago:

http://www.trailimage.com/cricket-ridge-ride
  17. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
    Well... I never got the chance to check it out... this was across the road... fun ride to Seafoam GS and Josephus Lake though...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. ryanwilliamcantrell

Oddometer:
    Very pretty pics.

I wonder why that's closed? Hope a fire didn't get to the road?

</object>
  19. ThumpnRed

ThumpnRed Pig Wrangler

Oddometer:
    Three of us did the Trail 4-Lower Eagleson-Daggett loop on Sunday. I wont bore you with video of Trail 4. Here's the ride starting at the Eagleson trailhead. As you can tell from the videos, I was well wrung out by time we got done. Seems like once you start dropping the darned bike, you can't stay upright!:lol3
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_aS12-aGVmM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aWIGzC85cFk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>
  20. Jason Abbott

Jason Abbott Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer:
    Nice. Next time mount some gas-powered hedge trimmers to both ends of your bars. :lol3