Sidecar Delay Factor: Please tell us YOUR experience(s)

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by ClearwaterBMW, Jun 14, 2011.

1. 4PawsHacienda

4PawsHacienda Inadvertent unrepentant wanderer

Oddometer:
    And it was such a nice positive thread full of good experiences............
  2. Heyload

Heyload Bent but not broken

Oddometer:

Yep. I was really enjoying it.

It's a shame when somebody leaves the "Jack Ass" switch in the "Auto-Ass" position...
  3. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I get a Bike Delay Factor big time on my Dong Fang hard tail and my Kawasaki W650.
    Motorcyclist are always asking if either is an old Norton, Triumph, BSA, etc.
    Lots of thumbs up from auto and bike drivers.
    When I go to a bike night I have learned to park in a hidden spot or else I can't get away to go look at other bikes and what the vendors have.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wait until I put a side car on the bobber. :evil

I've seen two side car rigs here in the Fort Myers,FL area recently. Anyone from here?
  4. matman1972

matman1972 Lost in the woods.

Oddometer:
    Very cool.. I love the bobber, and the Kawasaki is a cool modern retro.

Just had my first ever "in garage" UDF yesterday. The house across the street from me belongs to some good friends who moved and were renting the house rather than try to sell it in this market. I have been property managing for them. The renters paid what it took to get in and never a penny more, so 3 months later we finally had the eviction scheduled with the sherrif's dept. He came over to check with me after the internal stuff was out because the renters who have been gone for about 3 weeks, left two abandonded vehicles (one of which is an old fj40:evil) so we were getting that worked out. He saw the ural, and spent the next hour talking to me about it. Turns out he has a collection of older dirt bikes(including my fav, 441 victor) he rides near where I hunt, so he invited me to do a camping trip with him and his son.

Then he realized he was late for his next evic. lot of those going on aren't there?
  5. lemieuxmc

lemieuxmc Banned

Oddometer:
    Didn't see the owners on these two, but it would have been a delay moment for them as I wanted to ask about the history of choppers on Maui.

Attached Files:

6. Brendan J

Brendan J Pfft

Oddometer:
    Had my outfit for about 2 months now and the delay factor is just starting to happen. Gets a bit annoying sometimes especially if I'm in a hurry to go somewhere. I certainly get plenty of looks :D but hasn't been a chick magnet yet :cry but that may happen later.
  7. cwadej

cwadej Keeper of the truth

Oddometer:
    My wife had this happen about a year ago. It was a small town cop on his Harley. Followed us (i was on my bike) about 5 miles until we stopped. He wanted a ride so bad, but knew he'd probably lose his job if he was seen. Her ride:

Attached Files:

8. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    i hope that we'll see many more additions to this thread, please
    thank you, as always, in advance
  9. MotoJ

MotoJ Mobtown Hacker

Oddometer:
    Looks like a Suzuki Savage 650 and a Honda Rebel 250 or 450. Either would make a capable around-town hack.
  10. Nuttymopar

Nuttymopar Never a Dull Moment

Oddometer:
    As if a Ural doesn't get enough UDF. I thought I would add a little more to get MORE attention.

Attached Files:

11. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    So yesterday I'm riding home from grabbing the NA Wild Card tag and decided to drop it in a place downtown. I live in a cool little town with a bustling little Main street. I'm riding through, speed limit 20mph, and a couple of high school age girls wave as I pass. My first thought was "why aren't they in school" but I waved and kept on driving. No big deal.

Last night, I needed to run a few errands, and a stop at Michael's for Liquid Stitch was on the agenda. I'm wondering aimlessly thought the store, ATGATT, looking like a fool when a group of teenage girls really start to annoy me. They're talking loud, giggling, and blocking aisles that I need to clear off the lists as suspects. I can navigate a Lowe's blindfolded and drunk, but put me in a crafts store, and I go into full idiot mode.

So I barge thought the roadblock, noticing that one of the girls looked familiar, and eventually find my liquid stitch. After checking out, I start to walk out and find the gaggle of jailbait crowded around Boris the Ural, led by the teenage girl I had waved at earlier in the day. "Oh, shit! I hate teenage girls."

I kind of stand there for a few seconds, pondering my next course of action, thinking to myself that there is no way any of them drove there themselves. Daddy is lurking somewhere, and if I were him, I'd shoot me too.

So I decided to wait out the storm in the grocery store. It turned out to be a perfect excuse to study the beer selection and try something new. :evil

I'll talk to anybody about a Ural, anybody but annoying teenage girls.
  12. KneeDrachen

KneeDrachen Long timer

Oddometer:
    ankle bracelet vibrating again???

:wink::lol3
  13. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    like many others, when I had the Ural gas stops were 20min and stoplights full of comments or long stares, kids particularly like to wave. Was lots of fun, but for my riding needs just impracticle so carrying costs not worth it. Maybe get another some day.
  14. Montague

Montague UDF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    an alternate universe, much better than yours
    Yep, that is my problem too, I get so darned annoyed when those PYTs (pretty young things) wave and smile or ask for rides.

It was annoying enough that I now carry a spare helmet with me at all times.

Darned kids!
  15. rxcoop

rxcoop persnickety curmedgeon

Oddometer:
    hey, at least you wont get mistaken for jerry sandusky (is it too early yet ??)
  16. Montague

Montague UDF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    an alternate universe, much better than yours
    No problems there, no teenage boys involved, only PYT over 18 (that's what she told me, honest, really) :evil
  17. Prizrak

Prizrak MonkeyButt

Oddometer:

:thumb
    You better believe it. Roll into town, one time through main coffee/bistro section, then circle back and park. Count: one, two, three, four, and watch them roll up and initiate the conversations. Guinness (my dog) was #1 Wingman for two years, after which one fine young woman agreed to marry me, for some reason I cannot understand.

These days, I'm planning on my son joining me in a couple years (he's two now). In the meantime, the constant thread that is hacking persists...
  18. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    How did you know about that? You pick up one girl off a high school field trip and next thing you know you're branded for life....
  19. Horton

Horton Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In Romania, two years ago, a train drive blow his horn and wave to us on our hack. During this holiday I wa sthinking about, to change the Colour of my hack.

Everywere we park it, people taken photographs. And my monkey isn't Kim Basinger. . .

They taken pictures out of a overtakong bus in England. Out of cars. The taken photos with there wife and the hack. . .

A BoFo Inmate and me, talk about meeting in Iceland. We miss us. I say sorry, not to see him there. He reply, "we miss us, but I meet people the saw your hack. . ."

Sometimes funny, sometimes boring. . .
  20. oldmanriver1951

oldmanriver1951 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Virginia Beach for now...Olympic Peninsula soon
    A few weeks...or was it months ago? I mis-remember...growing old fogs the neurons...anyway...running down a side road...notorious for cops hiding in the bushes ...so doing the discreet 25 mph..when this behemoth of a 4X4, chromed grill with 'fangs'....smoked glass, hi-rider, exterior side riser mufflers, belching diesel smoke, revving, braking, revving, horn honking....lights flashing...I tend to ignore such antics...I'm doing the speed limit...if you wanna go fast...pass my slow old butt and be done with it.....Come to a red light, guy leans out of the window and hollers...pull over in that parking lot!...Um...I don't think so...horn still honking, we make it to the light, he jumps out...er...down from the truck and runs up to me and points to a bar parking lot..."I wanna talk to you...now!"....So..I figure...what the heck?...so I pull in, making sure that I have an exit strategy... He jumps out and down from his behemoth truck and he becomes all smiles, and starts cussin' a blue streak about how frickin' cool that bike is!...etc...yadda yadda yadda...Gets out his phone, taking pictures, runs into the bar...which is a biker bar of some reknown...and pulls a bunch of bikers with him...pointing and clicking away.....meanwhile I continue to answer questions, and they continue to look at every little detail, and ask and ask and ask...and as a avid Ural owner...I answer all the questions...lol They bought me one heck of a supper! You just never know! :freaky