Westfest 2013

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by COXR650L, Nov 19, 2012.

1. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think its do the ride and hit the local grocer City Market for some daily food to prepare then head back to the site and eat that stuff. I hope that Ben has advised the local booze outlets to expect an increase in sales. Probably on everything they sell. Just sayin'
  2. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3:1drink

Weather is getting nicer.......should I go ride or work on bikes............:y0!

Edit:
    So I put this hot mess off for another weekend.................

[​IMG]

And did this instead..................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (The Mts in the very far right are the Collegiant Peaks, where Westfest will be in Buena Vista:deal)
  3. delta21

delta21 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ummmmmm I'm getting a little discouraged about attending westfest.

The campground has 4 cabins and 9 tent sites??:earAll the sites are filled up and it's only April.
  4. SgtMarty

SgtMarty Retired, baby!

Oddometer:
    Lots of space in the group campsite area
  5. Pablo83

Pablo83 Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer:
    The tent sites are probably listed as full since we have them all reserved for WF. My guess is there is plenty of tent space still available. As far as cabins is concerned, those usually go quick during WF.
  6. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^^What Sgt and Pablo siad.

I am pretty sure all the Cabins, Yurts etc are booked, but there is PLENTY of tent space (it shows booked because I reserved it all) and we can use the entire hill for tent camping. When you register for Westfest+Camping -HERE- you get the tent site for the 9th and 10th. If you can I would suggest coming in the 8th though and just getting a tent spot directly from Arrowhead Point for one night.
  7. delta21

delta21 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok, thats sounds better. I was looking at the CG map and did not want to pitch a tent next to a full hook up site.

Thanks
  8. RocketJohn

RocketJohn Hook 'em Horns! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I may have to go this year to this... it's been a few years since I've been.
  9. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great I hope you guys can make it.

Delta21, the camping hill is very segregated from the "regular" RV portion of the camping ground and it will only be Westfest attendees on Friday and Saturday nights, Im not sure if that is good or bad:lol3 (the way its going a lot of the RV spot will be for Westfest too!!)
  10. delta21

delta21 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like being "segregated". It makes me feel a little inadequate when i have to pitch a 2 person backpackers tent next to a tour bus.:lol3
  11. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Just put in my order for Westfest and two nights of camping. What are the chances of nabbing a tent site if I show up a couple nights early?
  12. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome! I got you down.

Call the campground and tell them you are registered for Westfest but want a tent spot for how ever many additional nights besides Friday and Saturday. Then you can stay in the same tent spot every night, including during Westfest. The number for arrowhead point is:719-395-2323.

Thanks and let me know if you need anything,
    Ben
  13. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    A big thanks to Lenny at Deerhammer Distilling Company for setting this up and especially to American Adventure Expeditions who will be providing a FREE shuttle from Arrowhead to Downtown Buena Vista on Friday night.

[​IMG]

American Adventure Expeditions has donated a shuttle so all Westfest attendies can safely get into downtown BV for the specials and VIP events at Deerhammer Distilling, as well as enjoying the other local restaurants and bars, and then back to Arrowhead Point. The shuttle will most likely be running from 3pm-9pm on Friday with regular pickups and drop offs:clap

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

**Note: All this is donated and free but please, please tip the shuttle driver:deal

American Adventure Expeditions is also offering 10% off any rafting trip for Westfest peps. This may be the perfect way to get the family or S.O. to come along so they can have a blast running Browns Canyon while you're out riding:evil:evil :ricky

They also have Zipline, Mountain Bike and ATV tours, as well as tours of Royal Gorge:wink:

[​IMG]
  14. vraesch

vraesch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just signed up for this event. Anyone else from Atlanta area going?
  15. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    :clap :clap :clap
  16. r'elise me

r'elise me Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    This event looks really attractive, but I have to get my EXC to the site from Venice, CA. I'm going to have to fly into Denver and rent a car due to my tight schedule. If anyone's willing to haul my bike there and back I'd make it worth their while, for sure. :wink:

PM me please if you can help me out.
  17. LuluOfDenver

LuluOfDenver The peanut gallery.

Oddometer:
    Hey, try NSFW. He came in for RMAR last year, and he comes out from So Cal. If he says he's not gonna make it, call bullshit on that! We want him to come out and play again!

Sent from my device upon which I can access nearly all knowledge in the world, yet which I actually use to look at pictures of motorbikes and cute dogs.
  18. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1, Good idea. He said he thought he was going to make Westfest this year so maybe get with him. Also if you post in the regional section for CA there may be someone making a trip out here with room for a bike.

I hope you can make it let me know if you need anything (if I had anything comparable to a EXC Id offer it up, but I think most of my stuff is lacking compared to that:eek1:lol3)
  19. Tommyg2bad

Tommyg2bad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In and paid. looking forward to it. Pearl Pass kicked my butt badly on a klr. May not want to revisit that ride.
    I plan on riding up Thurs if anyone is going then, or can bring a van with tools, lifts, compressor if that's helpful at all.
  20. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great! I got you down, it will be a good time:evil. Nice job a KLR could be a handful on oearl.

Let me know if you need anything or have any questions.

Ben