Riding Around the Hood

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Apple Jam, Feb 9, 2011.

1. MortimerSickle

MortimerSickle Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rainville, Orygun, where moss is a road hazard.
    Just be sure to hit all your nails sideways, and you won't need a patch kit.

[​IMG]
  2. Red0ktober

Red0ktober Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What tires do you have there?
  3. Squishy

Squishy Elastically-kinematic.

Oddometer:
    That's really funny, i too ride a KLR...reliable as a Russian tank!

Have a great Glacier trip, beautiful place to ride, & with your dad on a bike too...have a great time.
  4. Red0ktober

Red0ktober Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Broke my first turn signal just after crossing paths with AJ last weekend. Ordered an OEM replacement ($$$), will investigate less vulnerable alternatives for next time. Figured I found the limits of the 'Strom and I after another nap - I bugged out at the next road crossing. I need to quit trying to follow those small orange things. Maybe I'll get a more suitable bike next year, or start taking out the TC90. :lol3
  5. MortimerSickle

MortimerSickle Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rainville, Orygun, where moss is a road hazard.
    I thought I had warned you guys about him. :D
  6. Red0ktober

Red0ktober Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We weren't following AJ, just happened to cross paths with him. I was chasing boardforever on his DR and some of his buddies on KTM 2-strokes.

Well I have a 2-stroke too!
    [​IMG]

Put some new decals on the VS the day before and nicked one of them in the spill. Oh well.
    [​IMG]
  7. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    I just have that kind of effect on the people I meet :deal
    :lol3

Buy two blinkers at a time, you'll eventually need them.
    Fortunately KTM's blinkers are $17 for the whole group of parts, and I usually only break pieces of it at a time :wink:
  8. Craig McCurdy

Craig McCurdy BIGMAC

Oddometer:
    More photo's to come....
    [​IMG]
  9. Ladukebob

Ladukebob Spaceark

Oddometer:
  10. Craig McCurdy

Craig McCurdy BIGMAC

Oddometer:
    It's going to take awhile! :D Don't wait up.....
  11. Ladukebob

Ladukebob Spaceark

Oddometer:
    :lurk

Spent yesterday at a friends funeral and socializing after so no riding yesterday and today I've promised to work on finishing the trim in our home so this is all I got.
  12. Crash Clay

Crash Clay Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Craig's still working on it..... give him another hour or so! :D But you will have to go to the Day Trippin thread.
  13. Ladukebob

Ladukebob Spaceark

Oddometer:
    Pssssst........we just got back from a non motorized bike ride. My second on since we chatted about it at TP's gathering. You better kick Craigs ares a little :lol3
  14. Craig McCurdy

Craig McCurdy BIGMAC

Oddometer:
    Okay Dan, they are posted on "Day Trippin" your wait is over! :D If you did not already find them.....
  15. matloik

matloik kludge

Oddometer:
    Spokane and Coeur d’Alene are not really 'round the Hood, but what the hell--Susi got a new bike--a 2011 BMW G650GS (that's the single), with only 300 miles on it. We van'ed out to Spokane to meet seller from Missoula, Montana. Did the deal in a Walmart parking lot, then went for a ride over into Idaho and around Lake Coeur d’Alene.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. Loud Al

Loud Al .

Oddometer:
    Very sweet, congrats on the new bike :thumb
  17. Craig McCurdy

Craig McCurdy BIGMAC

Oddometer:
    Well, What do you think about that new bike? :clap We just did 475 miles the last 3 days. Check out the ride report!
  18. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    That reminds me of the introverted nerdly kid that visited the confessional:

He says "Father, You wouldn't believe what happened to me last night, I met this totally hot woman and we had sex for 3 hours, and then we woke up and did it again,....twice!!"

Father says "Um..... That's very nice, son, but why are you telling me all this?"
    Nerdly kid says "Father, did you hear me? I got LAID!!,... I'M TELLING EVERYONE!!!!!!"

Congrats Susi! :clap
    Now even Susi has an "adventure" bike. How out of place do ya feel now, matloik?
  19. Scott_PDX

Scott_PDX Leisure Engineer

Oddometer:
    Portland...the newer one on the left side.
    You betcha! Got 700+ photo's and dozens of video's to figure out what to do with. Will start a ride report in the next day or soon. We rode the UTBDR down and made our own route through Colorado and much of Wyoming on the way back up. After two weeks camping in a tent, my bed sure felt great! Great trip, doubled the milage on the little WR250R and best of all, no injuries - Although JungleMan's bike will need some replacement "parts". :lol3
  20. matloik

matloik kludge

Oddometer:
    The current thought is that at some point the Versys will have to go, and be replaced by something that can handle some off-pavement riding. Not sure what a replacement will be ... a 990 (which the nerdy kid will vote for, I'm sure), a F800GS or a 800XC. This is all forward-looking for when Susi and I push the eject button to get off the treadmill ... maybe next year ... :deal