Call all XR600R!!!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by CSMonte, Dec 8, 2008.

1. STFU

STFU Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Could be 39, I just assumed as many 600-650s seem to use 40mm. Yours sounds like great, but probably to expensive to ship. Ill keep it in mind incase I dont find one closer.

Thanks, Dan
  2. elsalvadorklr

elsalvadorklr southern xr rider

Oddometer:
    yup..let me know

....get one that has been rebuilt...or at least has a new float valve or acv valve, these are the things that cause the most issues with idling and poor performance...

sometimes getting a cheap one bites you in the butt:deal
  3. jesusgatos

jesusgatos fishing with dynamite

Oddometer:
    Any interest in carb adapters for the newer-style FCR MX carbs? I used one of Noss' universal FCR adapters on my 650R with a 39mm FCR off a late-model CRF450 and it ripped, but the adapter dimensions weren't quite right. So we're going to have them make some custom adapters for the XR650R and the XR650L. I don't have a 650R anymore, but my buddy James wants one and I need to have some 650L adapters made for these bikes. Figured we might as well make them available. His regular universal adapters cost $65, so am guessing these will probably be a little bit more expensive, but can't imagine they'll end up costing any more than $80. It's pretty easy to find good deals on used FCR MX carbs ($300?) because there are so many of them out there (being used on virtually all of the modern 450cc motorcross bikes). So this can be a relatively low-cost upgrade, and the performance is flat-out awesome. Fitment is also pretty straightforward. There are no clearance issues, so this is literally a bolt-in deal and you can even use the stock FCR throttle cables and twist-grip (stock CRF cables are perfect length with aftermarket tripleclamps and taller bars).

We're definitely going to make the XR650R and XR650L adapters, and I have all the dimensions for the XR600 adapters, but I'd like to know if there's any demand for an XR600 version before we shell-out a bunch of money. So please shoot me a PM if you want one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. elsalvadorklr

Oddometer:
    man

those in the know say that by and far the fcr39mm is a better fit and performance in the case of the xr600, the 41mm is a bit big and needs more tuning and or mods to work perfect...at least those that have done these swaps a lot...

too bad...

I got my flatslide which is no pumper or fcr BUT its good for now

maybe next year for me!

jajaja

cheers
  5. thebigman

thebigman XR's all the way . Big Thumps or V-twins

Oddometer:
    Sure why not , I have this for my L but havent pullked the trigger on the Noss , My understanding is its a bit of a sloppy fit to te boot .

[​IMG]
  6. elsalvadorklr

Oddometer:
    speaking of carbs and whatnot whats your opinion of this?

[​IMG]
  7. Wattner

Wattner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh Oh Oh Me Me Me!!!!

That is a spark plug!!!!
  8. JAB

JAB Unsprung Weight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks pretty good. My bad eyes can't tell about the center electrode. Maybe a tick lean BUT not bad.
  9. Royal Club

Royal Club Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    looks pretty lean to me..
  10. mcma111

mcma111 Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. elsalvadorklr

Oddometer:
    ok WATTNER since Im quite the smartass myself have a beer on me! you get 100 points!:D

or if and when you guys get down here a real beer at the bar...

YES ITS A SPARKPLUG! its a cool ngk dpr8ea-9, or for those that dont know a normal riding plug for the xr600 and xrl

jejejejejeje

any comments on how its burning would be cool since its showing what a rejetted mikuni flatslide and HRC CAM by cw do to normal fuel consumption aka it goes insanely rich if you leave the jets how they were before the swap

christian
  12. elsalvadorklr

Oddometer:
    no shit?

can you keep it till christmas?:deal:deal:deal:deal:deal:deal:deal:deal need to save up! or wait for my wifes present! jajaja

I gave up on finding an appropriately sized cooler here...that and most are solid steel and all rusty looking...

I can do with make lines and or adapters here at any of the industrial hose shops...I made a bunch for my truck here including the powersteering lines...
  13. elsalvadorklr

Oddometer:
    Ill show you guys a pic of the plug before the jet down..it had a 230main and needle at richest clip

the center electriode is that grey tan color all the way down...

Im trying to get this perfect so I can get all the punch from this cam swap!

it really is making a difference once the jetting gets tuned...massive amounts of midrange and I can keep a gear longer or rev it out more which is taking A LOT to get used too! since the xr is famous for shortshifting and or lugging gears...

here is a pic of a DPR 9 plug or one cooler that I was using for high speed runs...its looks more tan and it had the needle at richest setting...jet was a 220 however I had a flattness at 3/4 throttle and my intake was stained red with fuel....
    [​IMG]
  14. mcma111

mcma111 Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. elsalvadorklr

Oddometer:
    tell me about it! that aint no christmas present! jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajja

no I was thinking:

hey hunny what do you want for christmas???? and I would say

AN XR400 cooler that steve has for me

yeah wishful thinking huh?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  16. Ivanych

Ivanych Ivanych

Oddometer:
    Silence ...... All are silent!
    Keep a secret?????:eek1
    I'm ignoramus, but I want to know.
  17. nikolic

nikolic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Me too :) I also want to know what's the diference in crankshafts and pistons!
  18. elsalvadorklr

Oddometer:
    like many have said BEFORE

different PART NUMBERS DOES NOT MEAN DIFFERNT PARTS!

I suspect that for some reason older parts even though the same have higher prices than new

I have conformed this on some parts that are intercheangeable on my 88 bike and buying newer parts from 2000xr models

one example, bearings, second example pulse generator and coils

just one of those things

for all accounst and purposed all XRL, XR600 SINGLE CARB HEADS ARE ALL INTERCHANGEABLE!

HOWEVER you have to plug up the smog holes if using an xrl head on the xr600, also the xrl head has no decompressor assembly...a lot if xr650l riders use an xr600 head so they can use the manual decompressor when adapting the kickstart mechanism to their bikes

hope this helps
  19. elsalvadorklr

Oddometer:
    there is no difference in 88-2000 crankshafts

87 pistons and older have a longer skirt and longer piston pin

Im using a 87 piston and pin in an 88 xr600

this is the only difference

one nice thing about 87 pistons is they are lighter than 88 and up pistons, and they also have more oil holes to cool the piston skirt...

also to note is that the 87 piston pin is longer however it weighs less than the shorter 88 and up piston pins

I like t think that the longer piston skirt helps with compression and preventing oil loss...also it will rattle less! jajaja
  20. MentalGuru

MentalGuru Crazy Diamond

Oddometer:
    :huh Unless you count fact that theres holes in the XRL head's for the smog BS.... :lol3:lol3:lol3

:beer