México's Eleven Going To Greenland

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Arte, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    Several months had been since our last ride to central Mexico, and we have been thinking a lot on the route once the free time fits to all the 5 riders going.
    And after being moving the date some times, we finally take off on Oct 12 going to Veracruz state, to ride the Mountains that surrounds La Esperanza town.
    The weather is perfect, the attitude is at 150%, the adventure spirit sky rocketed.

Day one - Reynosa - San Fernando - Cd. Victoria - Cd Mante - Cd Valles - Matlapa - Tamanzuchale - Aguafria Grande.
    ====================================================================================
    Han pasado muchos meses desde nuestra ultima rodada al centro de Mexico, y hemos estado pensando mucho en la ruta una vez que el tiempo libre nos acomode a todos los 5 motociclistas.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Y después de mover la fecha varias veces, finalmente salimos el 12 de Oct. Llendo al Edo de Veracruz, para rodar en las montañas que rodean el poblado de La Esperanza.<o:p></o:p>
    El clima es perfecto, la actitud esta al 150%, el espiritu aventurero por las nubes.<o:p></o:p>

:thumb

[​IMG]

My helmet got broken at LAS NORIAS, but nothing that Duct Tape can not fix (Mi casco se descompuso en LAS NORIAS pero nada que la cinta gris no pueda arreglar)

[​IMG]

Then stop at Padilla to stretch the legs and grab some oranges (Paramos en Padilla para estirar las piernas y comprar unas naranjas)

[​IMG]

Hiting on "tacos de harina" for breakfast at Cd Victoria

Pegandole a los tacos de harina para almorzar en Cd Victoria

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

soon we are riding on the Huasteca Potosina (pronto ya estamos rodando en la Huasteca Potosina)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and soon, Oscar drops his sleeping bag, and JC picks it up to save his butt on the coming camping nights (y pronto, Oscar tira su bolsa de dormir y JC la recoge para salvarle el pellejo en las noches por acampar)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

passing Xilitla

[​IMG]

now we are really hungry (ahora ya estamos hambrientos)

we got to MATLAPA and stop at the first place we see decent -desirable food - (llegamos a MATLAPA y paramos en el primer lugar decente que vemos - comida deseable -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

JC reposando los tacos (JC settling down the tacos)

[​IMG]

c'mon! lets move ! (orale ! 'amonos ! )

[​IMG]
  2. Signal

Signal it's such a fine line between stupid and clever

Oddometer:
    love the "taco trucks"
  3. Andres A

Andres A FINDING NEMO

Oddometer:
    McAllen, TX, TAMAULIPAS Y PUNTOS CIRCUNVECINOS
    I agree:lol3:lol3, The real "Fast food" :D

4. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    The original plan was to reach National Park "El Chico" on the outskirts of Pachuca Hidalgo and camp there, but the night got us just at the entrance of the National Park "The Marbles" near Jacala Town, exactly in the town of Agua Fria Grande.

So we refuel there and doing so, we noticed that there was a picnic area at the bottom of the gas station property. We asked if we could camp there and the Day shift guard said it was fine.

While unloading the bikes, the guard came back and told us that the general office was requesting an official ID as part of security protocol.

I submit mine and keep proceeding to install the tents. Halfway through the installation, the guard came back and told us that management said that after close revision of their &#8220;security policy&#8221;, we were not allowed to stay there.

Andres began to murmur that the most probable reason was that they realized that we were from Reynosa, then the guard said, to be honest with you guys, that was the real reason, they saw the Reynosa ID and changed their mind due to that.

Then I asked the guard "would be a chance to allow us to camp in your backyard?"

And he says, of course! I have no problem, you are good people.

So we picked up our feet and went to his house, which for our comfort was just opposite the pemex station.

Sr Cesar and his Son Manuel opened their doors and made us feel at home, they gave us shelter, they feed us for free, and chatted long about their family and their town. Once again we saw proof of the great heart and faith of our country people. Thank you don Cesar!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

El plan original era llegar a Parque Nacional &#8220;El Chico&#8221; en las afueras de Pachuca Hgo. para acampar allí, pero la noche nos alcanzo justo a la entrada del Parque Nacional &#8220;Los Marmoles&#8221; cerca de Jacala y exactamente en el poblado de Agua Fria Grande.

Alli cargamos gasolina y al estar haciéndolo, notamos que había un area de picninc en la parte baja de la colina y propiedad de la gasolinera. Preguntamos si nos permitirían acampar allí y nos dijo el guardia de dia que estaba bien.

Al estar preparando las cosas para acomodarnos, llego nuevamente el guardia y nos dijo que la oficina general solicitaba una identifricacion oficial como parte del protocolo de seguridad.

Le entregue mi credencial de elector y procedimos a instalar las casas de campaña. A mitad del proceso de instalación, llego nuevamente el encargado y nos comunico que la gerencia finalmente no nos podía permitir quedarnos allí &#8220;por política de seguridad&#8221;

Andres comienza a murmurar que lo mas probable fue que vieron que eramos de Reynosa, y en eso el guardia dice: &#8220;la verdad asi fue, vieron la credencial de elector y no quisieron que gente de Reynosa acampara aquí&#8221;.

Entonces le pregunto al vigilante: &#8220;Habria oportunidad de que nos permita acampar en el patio de su casa?&#8221;

Y dice: claro! Yo no tengo ningún problema de donde vengan, ustedes se ven gente de bien.

Asi que levantamos todas nuestras chivas y nos fuimos a su casa, la cual para nuestra comodidad estaba justo frente a la gasolinera.

Don Cesar y su hijo Manuel nos abrieron las puertas de su casa y nos hicieron sentir como en la nuestra, nos alojaron, nos dieron de cenar y una platica muy amena acerca de su propia familia y su pueblo. Una vez mas comprobamos el gran corazon y buena fe de nuestra gente. Gracias Don Cesar!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FOG COMING !! (AL TIRO CON LA NIEBLAAA!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More Fog!! (maas!)

[​IMG]

Shizz.. I'm not sure if I'm going on my right way... I better close my eyes and see what happen...

Demonios, no estoy seguro si voy por el lado correcto.... mejor voy a cerrar los ojos a ver que pasa..

[​IMG]

mejor los abrooo!!! (better keep them wide open) :lol3

[​IMG]

OK, OK, let's stop for a while and look for some gas, since we are running out of it
    mejor paremos un rato y busquemos algo de gasolufia porque se nos esta acabando

[​IMG]

a darle! que esta anocheciendo. (keep going, is getting dark)
    [​IMG]

we got to the gas station in front of Don Cesar's and in the background can be seen the picnic area where we would be spending the night.
    llegamos a la gasolinera que esta frente a la casa de Don Cesar y en el fondo se ve el area de picnic donde ibamos a dormir inicialmente
    [​IMG]

we got kicked out but all ended better than we expected because that night the sky fell down and we would end all soaked or washed away down the hill.

nos echaron pero todo termino mejor de lo que esperabamos porque esa noche cayo un tormenton marca chamuco y hubieramos terminado hechos sopa o barridos colina abajo por alguna posible corriente.

casa de don Cesar / Don Cesar's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

private parking just for us / estacionamiento privado solo para nosotros

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we got TAMALES for dinner! / Nos ofrecieron Tamales para cenar! (see Andres keeping the beer under him, he did not wanted to share!) Vean a Andres, guardando la cerveza abajo de el, no queria darnos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

y claro, no podia faltar las recomendaciones para el camino y atractivos que valieran la pena conocer (Su hijo Manuel atras)
    Don Cesar giving us some hints about not to miss places and other recommendations for the road.(his son Manuel on the background).
    [​IMG]
  5. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    they are the best thing on the road.

4 tacos (big ones) + one coke = $30 pesos:dg
  6. Pedro Navaja

Pedro Navaja Long timer

Oddometer:
    Arte,

I need to start hanging out with you guys!

Mike
  7. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    llego la hora de hacer la meme....
    y nos fuimos a nuestra habitaciones.

time to sleep, Don Cesar gave us our room's keys and proceeded to ocupy our suites.

[​IMG]

I got a room with window and panoramic view!! sweet. some nice rain sparkles droping on my face...
    A mi me toco habitacion con vista panoramica! chido!... hasta me caen gotas de lluvia en mi cara..

[​IMG]

JC got the best room... with two body guards just in case....
    a JC le toco la mejor habitacion,.. con dos guardaespaldas por si las moscas...
    [​IMG]

ADV night time salute!
    Saludito de buenas noches estilo aventurero motocicletero

[​IMG]
  8. Pedro Navaja

Pedro Navaja Long timer

Oddometer:
    Veo los chuchos. A veces tenemos que dormir con los chuchos. Por ejemplo cuando se enojen las esposas :D
  9. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    The morning arrived full of mist, fresh, not cold. Smelling to wet trees, pure mountain air blowing in my face. A pleasant sensation invading my soul. I could not stop smiling for myself, for almighty&#8217;s creation.
    ------------------------------<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    La mañana llegó llena de niebla fresca, no fría. Con olor a árboles mojados, con un aire puro que soplaba en la cara. Una agradable sensación invade mi alma. No podía dejar de sonreír para mis adentros, por la creación del Todopoderoso.

We got Don Cesar our best gratitude and asked him to acept some economic thanks, which he was reluctant to accept, but we insisted until he had no choice but took it. was the less we could do for his wonderful good faith and reception to us.

Le agradecimos a don Cesar y le pedimos aceptara una ayuda economica como muestra de gratitud, la cual no queria por ningun motivo, pero tuvimos que insistir hasta que la tomara.
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
    <o:p>After we left, the rain started and did not stop at any time, several mountain passes, high altitude, very steep downhill parts which forced us to go on 2nd gear due some slipery pavement.</o:p>
    <o:p>And after some hour and half riding, we found this luch area in the middle of the sierra and stoped for a bite.</o:p>
    <o:p>Despues de que salimos, comenzo a llover y no paro en ningun momento, habia muchos pasos de alta montaña, bajadas muy pronunciadas que nos forzaban a meter 2da velocidad por lo resbaloso del pavimento. Y despues de una hora y media de camino, nos topamos con un merendero en medio de la sierra y paramos para echarnos un taco.</o:p>
    <o:p>more pics to come later</o:p>
    <o:p>mas fotos mas tarde..</o:p>
    <o:p>la torta mas rica del mundo pedida por Andres</o:p>
    <o:p>The yummiest torta of the world special for Andres</o:p>
    <o:p>never miss hot sauce with Mexican food</o:p>
    <o:p>nunca debe faltar la salsa con la comida Mexicana</o:p>
    <o:p>Cafe y pan para cerrar</o:p>
    <o:p>Coffee and bread to finish</o:p>
    <o:p>The following pics were taken by Efrain at this same spot while we were getting some Coffee with cinnamon</o:p>
    <o:p>Las fotos siguientes fueron tomadas por Efrain en el mismo lugar mientras nosotros pediamos un Cafe con Canela.</o:p>
  10. Andres A

Andres A FINDING NEMO

Oddometer:
    McAllen, TX, TAMAULIPAS Y PUNTOS CIRCUNVECINOS
    Mmmmm creo que eso solo pasa en USA, aqui en Mexico nunca se ha sabido de un caso asi!!:rofl:rofl

Mmmm i think this just happen in USA, in Mexico never!!!

11. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    Llegando a Pachuca dejo de llover y la temperatura subio un poco
    Arriving to Pachuca, rain ceased and temp raised little bit.

[​IMG]

we have our feet soaked and cold
    teniamos las patas mojadas y frias

[​IMG]

I got lazy and kept riding with my feet wet, hoping to get them dry in the next miles
    me dio gueva y segui rodando con los pies mojados, esperando que se me secaran en los sig km
    [​IMG]

Oscar was having trouble with water getting in by that zone due got ripped the rainsuit
    Oscar iba totalmente seco menos de alli porque se le rompio el impermeble
    [​IMG]

CHINICUILES!!
    [​IMG]

Efrain Pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

echate un taquito!!
    [​IMG]
  12. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer

Oddometer:
    :lurk

I rarely think of going to Mexico, but I would like to go with you guys.
  13. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    So from here we tryied to speed up to make it before dark, since thre still was some mountains pass before to get la Esperanza and that road is full of potholes that slow you down little bit.

Asi que de aqui tratamos de acelerar el paso para llegar antes de que oscureciera, ya que todavia habia que pasar por algunos caminos de montaña llenos de baches que nos podian ir algo mas lento.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oscar droped his sleeping bag for second time and I picked up this time, after runned over it with the bike:lol3
    Oscar volvio a tirar su sleeping y me toco recogerlos (despues de atropellarlo con mi moto)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this part of the road is from Xalapa to Alto Lucero
    esta parte del camino es de Xalapa a Alto Lucero
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alto Lucero
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

time for a bite (a Gringa)
    hora de comer algo (una gringa)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

now the last leg to get to La Esperanza
    ahora la ultima parte para llegar a La Esperanza

[​IMG]
  14. Animo

Animo Been n00b awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great stuff Arte, I was wondering how your ride went :clap
  15. Mike92

Mike92 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another great ride Arte! :lurk
  16. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    any time Klay, any time.

pretty smooth, with some delays but great, thanks!

thank you mike! it really was great we enjoyed great time!
  17. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
  18. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
  19. WeazyBuddha

WeazyBuddha Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer:
    Lo e dicho antes y lo vuelvo a decir, estan bien jodidos. :lol3

Always look forward to your ride reports. :clap

Hope I can find some time to plan a get together at casa WB so you can tell us the war stories first hand.
  20. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3

JC, as always, would be our pleasure to visit you and talk about the ride, or BS about other things. Lets plan something soon!