Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Sure :-) I have used the bracket from Newbonneville on this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. ChuBrocka

ChuBrocka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. That's a nice setup, unfortunately I'm still stuck. I actually have that mounting bracket already and use it with a hard case for day-to-day riding. Unfortunately the bracket can't be used at the same time as the Ventura rack system which is a must for me on longer trips, which if course is when I want to have the extra gas with me. Oh well, I'll figure something out and put some pics up.

3. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the ventura on too, made two new brackets for it. Use it when I ride solo (99%) the weight is on the Seat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. ChuBrocka

Oddometer:
    So those brackets slide into the frame then? Nice.
  5. ChuBrocka

Oddometer:
    Anybody replaced their fuel system lines lately? I'm well past the mileage recommended for the change but I'm afraid to ask what a few rubber tubes and clamps are going to cost me. Anyone know? Should I really bother if they aren't dried out or hard?

I had some issues riding in rain that I think were caused by vapour lock when the breather line was blocked with moisture so I'm thinking it might be helpful to at least change that line.

Thoughts?
  6. Boola-Boola

Boola-Boola Scramblin' Man

Oddometer:
    Hey y'all,

While looking for the part number for the Arrow exhaust so's I could access the fitting instructions online, I've just stumbled across mention of a new part number for the Triumph Scrambler Arrow Exhaust System. Used to be A9600094, apparently it may now go by a new number, A9600465, which is noted as...
    'PLEASE NOTE PART NUMBER HAS CHANGED NOW A9600465 NOT FOR ROAD USE NOT E APPROVED'
    (source of info: http://www.bladegrouptriumph.co.uk/buy/triumph-Scrambler-Arrow-Exhaust-System/hjpA9600094scrambler.htm#eq2 )

So I figured this might be useful for anyone trying to order one who is told that A9600094 has been discontinued (as I was - so I bought a pre-used one) and can live with the not E approved and not for road use caveats.

Hope this helps someone.
  7. Boola-Boola

Boola-Boola Scramblin' Man

Oddometer:
    So I was reading up on Ethanol in our fuel and then started thinking about the various Triumph tunes for Scrambler being listed as 'Suitable for fuels up to E10' (10% Ethanol) or 'Suitable for fuels up to E25' (25% Ethanol)

Here in UK our fuel is, apparently, E5 (5% Ethanol) at most pumps at present.

To cut a long story short I came to the conclusion that I may get more economical running with an 'up to E10' tune loaded than with an 'up to E25' tune (but, heck, I could be wrong!).

So, on getting the Arrow system put on, I requested the dealer download the Arrow tune suitable for up to E10. Previous setup was stock pipes with TORs, and when I backed up the tune for TORs that was in the ECU before getting the exhaust system changed I found that it was an 'up to E25' one (20338).

It'll be a little time before I start getting a feel for mpg with the new configuration and, of course, my exhaust system has changed too so I cannot directly compare with previous figures.

Anyone here done comparison of a 'tune for up to E10' vs a 'tune for up to E25' for any particular setup, with regard to fuel economy and/or performance?
  8. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF

Oddometer:
    I can't imagine why Triumph hasn't made a Scram Adv model. Bigger tank, better shocks and asym ammo can panniers. It would be cheaper than BMW or KTM and sell like hot cakes.
  9. vivo

vivo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    An adventure scrambler sounds like a good idea. Maybe upgraded suspension good rack and hard cases with skid plate fitted. An extra gallon of fuel would be a bonus..

Vivo
  10. nofate

nofate what blackflies?

Oddometer:
    They want you to buy a Tiger XC.
  11. Goat_locker

Goat_locker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been toying with getting that big gas tank they sell for the bonnies. It looks just like our tank, but has two more gallons I believe.

Hopefully they come to their senses and do it before I cave and pick a GSA.
  12. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mounted the rear oem fender with a Lucas style lamp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
  13. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:

So how well does it work?
    I had already tried buying an aftermarket light but it seemed too small once I had it in hand.
    Priced some of the OEM parts new from Triumph and quickly got to $500 +/- so that doesn't seem fiscally sound for an old, retired guy, on a fixed income. Before I spend some of that 'free time' I now have looking for a used one I need to know that it will be a big improvement. Of course anything would be some improvement over a light that is essentially useless for riding at night (i.e. the stock, US Scrambler light).

Bruce
  14. grebmrof

grebmrof Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What "big gas tank they sell for the bonnies" are you talking about? Is this an imaginary one or one that you've seen somewhere? Where have you seen one? Anyone seen one?
  15. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    IMHO the early two tone paint is more in keeping with the classic look,
    Sorry but the matt paint does not rock my boat

[​IMG]
  17. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
  18. Goat_locker

Goat_locker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  19. hbmichael

hbmichael Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im also quite curious about this mod. I ride at night alot. The stock headlamp isnt very confidence inspiring.
  20. MightyChosen1

MightyChosen1 I wanna be sedated

Oddometer:

Its a big improvement over the Scrambler light. It lights up the road with a nice wide beam and no more dead-spot in the center of the beam. The high beam is a little odd though, It shoots so high it misses the road completely but does a good job of lighting up the trees. :huh

At first I didnt care for the look of it. It looked huge on the front of the bike but I am getting used to it.