Ducati Hyperstrada!

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by DeedsyDragon, Nov 12, 2012.

1. soldierguy

soldierguy Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Probably not very well at all. On my Stelvio, I keep the windscreen (a Givi...not the factory screen) adjusted to high chest level (top just below being even with the base of my neck), and the air just brushes the top of my helmet. From the looks of it on Cycle Ergo, the Hyperstrada screen would sit about 6-8 inches lower, and I'd be a heck of a lot closer to it. I'm thinking just based on the look of it on cycle ergo, I'd be getting a helmet (and chest) full of wind.

But the only way to know for sure would be to ride it.
  2. 98940

98940 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes... can't wait for the springtime test ride :wink:

I don't mind a helmet full of air, as long as it's 'clean' air, no turbulence/buffeting.
    I have more concern about what will be kept off the torso, arms, knees/legs.

The 1200's fairing and rad shrouds appear to be a little wider & more encompassing.

I mentioned 'cumulative'... I wonder if they struck some kind of magical balance with the more diminutive body parts?
    Probably not... but I'm hoping anyhow.
  3. 996DL

996DL Dunning-Kruger PHD

Oddometer:
    Bump, for what should be an extremely active thread, on the all new Hypermotard series... :ddog

996DL
  4. sfrider300

sfrider300 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From that pic, the screen looks to be slightly bigger than a flyscreen. Probably just takes some pressure off the chest, head and shoulders will be in the breeze, hopefully clean. Seems appropo for the concept, but it sure is funny-lookin.
  5. 98940

98940 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    this side shot is growing on me...

[​IMG]
  6. strongbad

strongbad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like the high-quality suspension and chassis approach Ducati is taking with this bike. I've been waiting for Ducati to re-introduce the 650 multistrada ever since the 1200 multi came out...something under 400lbs and about 50hp. This hyperstrada is too much hp, too much weight, and too much cost. I guess I'll keep waiting...
  7. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    I forone am very excited. I think the tank is a little smaller than it should be. What do you guys think the range will be?

I'm hoping to see one at the Toronto motorcycle show next week.i think as a concept, it should be good. I think the SP version with the touring stuff will be perfect.
  8. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Multistrada 620 was one of the most fun bikes I've ridden - way more nimble than the 1100, but it was 61 hp and just over 400 lbs.
    The new Hyperstrada is one of 3 new Hypermotard models. The lightest is just over 400, but still has that re-tuned 848.
    I do agree that it don't need 110 hp, but I'm dying to get a ride on it!
    It might, might, persuade me to get it instead of a monster this spring.
  9. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I quite like it. Light and fun. Kind of the other end of the spectrum to the Trophy..
  10. jerdog53

jerdog53 Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer:
    I have been waiting for this one for quite some time. I was figuring I would have to get one of the 1100 Hypermotards and let Belleview Ducati up in Seattle do there adventure conversion to it but I see that Ducati has done it for me! :clap I like the updated 820 water cooled motor and the power / torque clams satisfy me along with the weight. I just wonder how long before the aftermarket boys get geared up…
  11. clint64

clint64 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am very interested in this bike. For my style of riding it ticks most all of the boxes and at a price that fits within what I am willing to spend. I look forward to seeing so test reports and taking a test ride next year.
  12. ohpyramids

ohpyramids Latebird

Oddometer:
    @justkip. Dont get a monster. Trust me.
  13. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not a big fan of thread hijack, but I really wants me a nekkid roadster. That's what I been saving up for.
    Why NOT a Monster, as opposed to a Thruxton?

IF I get a Hyperstrada it would be to Replace the GS, instead of being a second bike...not a bad idea, but not a touring bike And a naked roadster.
  14. zooomgovroom

zooomgovroom hooligan-esque

Oddometer:
    ask Nicky...here he is playin with it ( see below )

I expect it to have a bit more than the regular version. but not by much...

I think this side shot is better!!!

[​IMG]
  15. ganze

ganze lone biker of the apocalypse

Oddometer:
    oh my, been waiting for this one. can't wait for the aftermarket exhausts to get up to speed with it. The extra near gallon will help get down the road another 20-25 miles given how that thing begs to be ridden.
  16. jerdog53

Oddometer:
    :norton
    So I noticed there is a new Forum dedicated specifically to the Hyperstrada, looks to have been created by the oem over at Hyperstrada.com, no affiliation, like we all need another forum to pay attention to......:deal
  17. aalegado

aalegado Team Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    There's one or two of us. :D

What alternatives was that salesman pushing?

I'm actually interested in the Hyperstrada as a replacement for my Shiver. The touring features (read: wind protection) are an area of interest. The extra horses are persuasive as well. I've not read anything about the mileage. Anyone have any idea what range of MPGs this bike might offer?
  18. Gun Smoke

Gun Smoke Banned

Oddometer:
    I think I counted five post bemoaning suspension travel. Get real people. You know damn well you won't use all that travel in the first place; seems like bitching for the sake of bitching to me. Maybe I'm wrong and you guys plan on taking your Hyperstrada with panniers, top case, center stand, and a windshield on 10' jumps while wearing your Klim adventure suit (not). I'm sure the travel will be fine for the gravel roads you guys might ride on. If you want a 400# touring bike with long suspension turn an XR650 into a chuck wagon like this guy did.

[​IMG]
  19. jerdog53

Oddometer:

Well said!
  20. gallinastrips

gallinastrips Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    likes like a scooter hybrid:1drink