Yamaha WR250R Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Sock Monkey, Apr 7, 2008.

1. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    I've had this same issue but now I've ran much higher air pressure and I still haven't seen any cupping like that on this one. When trail riding I do air down but on long Tarmac rides I air up around 30-35psi and have no issues like before running 22-25psi

This will be the first time in 10k miles I'll get two rear D606s to one front!!
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer:
    Decision made.......parting out the Yamaha WR250R....it's too tired to rebuild and I'm ready for a change of mounts....

Last night my local shop, All American KTM, offered me a smokin' deal on a 2012 KTM 350 XCW to blow out their 2012 inventory.....I've been dealing with these guys for many years/bikes and I appreciate the deal they offered me....pretty charged up about the XCW version vs. the EXC (street) version......the XCW series is ready to rock out of the gate with off road gearing/off road ecu mapping/headlight/slim tail light rather than big street legal junk.....I'll take it over to AZ., add a $40 brake light switch for the rear light, and presto....street legal in AZ.

Chilly raves about it.......that's good enough for me: http://www.enduro360.com/2012/10/18/products-tested/2013-ktm-350exc-first-review/

I'm heading out tomorrow morning to scout for the 2013 "CORE 4 Kids" fundraiser (I'd love to see a bunch of you there in March!): http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/core-calendar/view/87

I have a couple of local buddies who bought WR's based on my input......so I'm giving them first shot at the farkle stuff......I'll post up whatever is left in the coming weeks.......

It's been a good ride.....both the bike and this thread.....see ya out there!
  3. Bgunn

Bgunn Listo

Oddometer:

2013 is off to a good start...Nice to have a good shop to do business with.

Few pics after you get some dirt on it...:deal
  4. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Nice, I've been wanting the 350 XCF-W. It will be my next trail bike. ;)
  5. jon_l

jon_l Long timer

Oddometer:
    Chris - curious about the new 350 XCW, since you have a KTM 300 2 stroke off-road bike. Are they so different that you need/want both?

6. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    My WRR came with a Spiral Step seat, which lowered it. That thing was terrible IMO. I put the stocker back on and added a sheepskin. I still have the Spiral if anybody wants it cheap plus shipping. It's been in a box foe 2 years.
  7. pfy50

pfy50 Professional nOOb

Oddometer:
    Hello Crawdaddy,

Didn't commyfornia pass that registration law like up in Washington, where it doesn't matter what you do to an offroad bike you can never make it PLATEable anymore? Its great to have a full offroad bike but I still like the ability to drive it off-road and not have to trailer it there first. Besides aren't the new(2012-2013) Exc's pretty close to xc-w's; except gear ratio is not as close and has turn signals?
    Well happy new year with setting up your new ride. Hope it's warmer there than it is in Tenn. 22deg. :eek1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

O0ps forgot the cover lastnight:huh
    [​IMG]
  8. jimmy2020

jimmy2020 limpiador de ventanas

Oddometer:
    has anyone tried these on a X?
  9. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Chris, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do:wink: You will be missed:cry
  10. Pantah

Oddometer:

I used them on a MZ Streetmoto. 160 rear and 120 front. Very expensive but great on tar. Lasted 4k miles. It is basically a high performance sportbike tire with some dirt groves molded in. They are shallow groves and not really dirt blocks. I didn't think they still made them. Not on the Pirelli website last I looked.
  11. Bynoid

Bynoid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The rear was too wide for that bike and made the steering slow and hard to turn in. They would be way to wide for our narrow X rear rims and the profile would suffer.
  12. jimmy2020

Oddometer:
    I was thinking a 130 rear and a 120 front?
  13. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ran some on a KTM moto, found them on clearance at a dealer for $40/ea and bought 3 sets. This was a long time ago and the dates on them then were a couple years old so I would double check that aspect as I think they are no longer around.

They were great, sold the bike with a set on it and sold the other two on CL for insane amounts. :1drink
  14. jimrobinette

jimrobinette Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. jimmy2020

Oddometer:
    Pirelli website still shows them? Things are much different here in central america
    ....probably cost quite a bit down here. I will also see if the mt21 is available. Talking to the seller, sounded like they keep MT60 in stock.
  16. Pantah

Oddometer:

I am confused by your posts. What are you trying to accomplish? The Pirelli MT60 Corsa was a high performance street tire with some dirt capability. In the USA they only offered the rear in a 160/60/17 size. It sold for about $200 and fit wide rims in the 4.5-5 inch range. The front was a 120/70/17 size tire (typical sportbike size) and cost about $160 each.

Perhaps they sell smaller versions of the tire where you are. In any event, the Pirelli MT21 is a DOT knobby and nothing like the MT60 Corsa. I only show them in a 21 inch front tire size. They have the smaller 17 inch rear sizes, though. Conti offers a TKC80 DOT knobby front tire in the 17 inch size. It is new in 2012.
  17. ba_

ba_ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am thinking of lowering the rear shock with the stock adjustments as outlined on wrrdualsport.com.

Can someone explain how to determine if anything should be done with the height of the forks? Is there a good article somewhere that explains the relationship between fork height and ride characteristics?

Thanks in advance
  18. jimmy2020

Oddometer:
    I am simply looking to put a set of offroad tires on X rims. I have an X in the States and the MT21's worked great. The 120's did have a little tire rub on the fork, but I trimmed some of the side tread.

I'm in Costa Rica and tire selection is slim anyway, but even more with the X rims. I talked to a distributor today and he said he has the MT60 in stock and recommended them. Actually, I had never heard of this tire.
    I just wanted to see if anyone might be familiar and has tried these.

I'm think my best bet is to see if this distributor can get hold of a pair of MT21's.
  19. Sewerat

Sewerat Cert. bike whore

Oddometer:
    I ran the mt60 on a versys in the sizes mentioned. 160 rear. AWSOME tire for the street wet or dry. Reasonable on gravel roads. Useless in anything slick and muddy. Short wear life on the rear, approx 6-7000km and about 10-12 on front. I say short because same bike with heideneaus got almost double that on each end.
  20. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    Your butt's gonna like you...SC seats are the Best Bang 4 The Buck...ever!