Stupid questions people ask you when stopped

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by cold_fire, Apr 13, 2009.

1. SgtDuster

SgtDuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    This one says it all! :evil

And the picture above confirms it.
  2. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    Gail, this does not count - guys are always swarming around you......

A pack of HD's heading to Salem, MA near Halloween-time: the mind boggles.
  3. spntshell

spntshell What! Where??!

Oddometer:
    Fixed my font color for the color blind.......:rofl
  4. Quasi1960

Quasi1960 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was staying at a small country B&B while touring on my '73 Bonneville and the proprietors 16 year old son asked if he could have a ride. I told him if he could start it he could ride it. Fair dues to the lad, he leapt all over it trying to get it started but he just didnt have the knack. I was so impressed at his determination I started it for him and let him ride it down their drive to the main road. He did remark that it had a bit more go than his moped, and he never even got it out of first gear.
  5. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    Maroon is also acceptable.
  6. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:

AND:

spelt is a grain.

Spelled would be the correct spelling. Homonyms are the bane of the English language. :deal

:D
  7. Chromer

Chromer So, a funny thing has happened

Oddometer:
    Spelt and spelled aren't supposed to be homonyms. Enunciate man!
  8. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for making that point.

I know.

Enuciation is another problem these days.

:rofl
  9. mickmo

mickmo diggin the dirt

Oddometer:
    Only in America mate.:deal
  10. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/spelt

spelt1
    vb
    a past tense and past participle of spell1

:deal
  11. Marco Moto

Marco Moto Voyager

Oddometer:
    ...back on track please:

12. David R

David R I been called a Nut Job..

Oddometer:
    My wifes uncle a thrifty farmer was out in the field working. I rode my airhead out to talk. He asked for a ride back. He was on looking at the right cylinder closely leaning over. He then wanted to look at the left one and quickly did. I almost dumped it in the field.
  13. Splisken

Splisken I'm not dead yet...

Oddometer:
    After a long hot day in the saddle I pulled into my local gas station in Loveland, CO to top off the tank before heading home. On a whim I decided to use cash instead of the card (I too usually stay on the bike and use a card) and after topping off went in to pay. I still had the gloves, sunglasses, and full faced helmet on (all black including leathers) when I got to the front of the line and the attendant asks me "Are you riding a motorcycle?" Normally I would simply have responded in the affrmative and went on my way but it was a hot day and I was whipped and caught a little off guard as I was the only vehicle at the station and she could clearly see it out her window. So instead I say "No, I'm here to rob you." (Almost as dumb a response as the question) as her eyes turn to saucers and the blood drains from her face I quickly tell her I am joking and it has been a long day...she immediately returned to her nonplussed and detached demeanor as if I had never been there.

That particular situation sticks in my mind but I get asked that question frequently at stops while in full riding gear. :lol3
  14. spntshell

spntshell What! Where??!

Oddometer:
    That could have turned out ugly:eek1
  15. slide

slide A nation with a future

Oddometer:
    Not funny. You can get pretty easily plugged that way not to say how much distress you afforded some innocent chick trying to make a living.
  16. Splisken

Splisken I'm not dead yet...

Oddometer:
    No argument from me Slide..one of those moments where the complete lack of any kind of attention to anything from a person set me off (inappropriately obviously). Not my typical style...and there was no worry of anykind from this girl...she was oblivious to her own existence. The back story here was the 3 kids trying to buy candy in line before me that she could barely manage to speak to without being rude...again, I know I was in the wrong.
  17. roadstar

roadstar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow !! old long topic :evil my one ride is a 76 goldwing & soooo many times i get asked what type of bike it is. After i tell them it`s a goldwing , they say so thats what they look like after you crash one :lol3 (bike came naked new). I also own an FJR1300 & just about every one says (nice BMW) then i tell them it`s a Yamaha & they ask me when did they start building bikes like that , i tell them since 2002 (and all i get is oh!!)
  18. spntshell

spntshell What! Where??!

Oddometer:
    Well this is not a stupid question but more of a stupid driver.
    I park my bike in a parking space and the one to the right of me was avalible too, when I came out of the store this is what I find!!!!!
    The lady got mad at me for taking a picture of her truck, and when I said my thoughts, she got in locked the doors and waited on me to leave:huh

[​IMG]
  19. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    It looks like the Tan vehicle to the right is all the way to the Left of its spot. Not leaving enough room for the Red truck to park next to it without gatting a door ding.

I see nothing wrong with this. :dunno She gave you pleanty of room.
  20. spntshell

spntshell What! Where??!

Oddometer:
    Really you see nothing wrong with it huh:csm, well I do, she had plenty of room to fit in here space up too the yellow line and I needed to load all 3 bags. I am sure if it was you it would be a diffrent story