St. Louis Eastside ADV Riders

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by dwthump, Aug 26, 2012.

1. dwthump

dwthump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Greeting inmates! There are a lot of ADV riders in the metro east. I'm in Fairview Hgts. and take my KLR on many ADV rides. There is a lot of activity in the Mo. Adventure Riders thread on ADV but we need something in the metro east. Most of the rides in Mo. revolve around going to the Bixby area. Bixby is very cool and the roads are awesome but it takes us 2 hours to get there. I can get to the Shawnee in 1-1/2 hours.

Darren
    '09 KLR Blue
    *It's a KLR, I'll catch up*
  2. motocrossross

motocrossross Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  3. dwthump

dwthump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kevin started the thread so I copied his post here as we kinda had a name change for the thread.

Darren

O.K. Eastside riders, It's time for us to unite! I have rode with several small renegade groups from the area. It's time we have our own place to post rides and gatherings! Darren,Thanks for the Idea.
    I know you guys are out there....Lets get together and ride! Please send the link to your fellow ADV. friends.
    I B A # 42258
  4. Jerry3567

Jerry3567 Adventurer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Millstadt reporting in! Moved from Fairview Hts. 3 years ago, lived off of Old Lincoln Trail on the far west end. Now on the upper edge of Millstadt city limits. Let's ride! Just came back from the Tail of the Dragon, and a crappy attempt of the TAT. Ready for more!

Jerry
  5. dwthump

dwthump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you have a Beemer GS? If so, I think I met you a couple of years ago as I was coming home from a trip on my KLR and stopped to chat. It was on the west end of Old Lincoln Trail. Millstadt is close to so much cool riding down in the Columbia flats, etc.

Darren
    '09 KLR (Blue)
  6. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great idea to start a east side thread. :clap I do most of my riden in MO. but Id like to ride the east side too. I'll follow this thread. I have a day long loop from the Red Bud area, gravel and dirt. If someone want to join me on it, let me know. I have alot of time off on weekdays BTW.
  7. farrell caesar

farrell caesar Seezer

Oddometer:
    I'm retired and riding. Good idea to have something closer to home. I'm in EMU club...lunch at Bandanas every tuesday at 11 am. Have time to ride. Day rides can be good. Let's ride !
  8. dwthump

dwthump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also go to some of the monthly lunches/rides at Bandanas and I've ridden with you before. I'm going to the lunch on Tuesday and I'll share the link info with the group.

Darren
    '09 KLR, (Blue)

9. ban

ban Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I live in Mascoutah and am up for a ride.
  10. Rordog

Rordog Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good idea to start a thread for east siders. I live in Waterloo and know all the roads in the area, as you know from the ride earlier this year. Good job, Darren.
  11. dwthump

dwthump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rory,

Last time I saw Dennis he said you had a Versys for sale, my interest peaked. I went and test-rode one this summer at the KAW demo days. I'm glad I rode it, but it's way too small for bad knees. I love the engine, quite crisp, and it's nice to actually have that 6th gear that I always keep reaching for on my KLR. Man, if KAW could punch the engine out to 800 and put it in the KLR it would be great!

Darren
  12. Rordog

Rordog Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Darren I got rid of the Versys and KLX. I got a BMW Sertao.
  13. sieg

Oddometer:
  14. farrell caesar

farrell caesar Seezer

Oddometer:
    I sent a pm. I was looking at the LBL, land betweent the lakes ride but that is farther and more expensive. I have been wanting to go back to Pocahontas Mo. to eat at Gator's ? Scenic ride across Chester bridge...first left up to Poca. Weather looks good this weekend.
  15. sieg

Oddometer:
    The ride this weekend is still on I guess. I've been wanting to get down to Tower Rock to see if I could walk out to it. The river went up with last week’s rain but is falling again now so maybe I'll try next week. Pocahontas is on the way.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  16. hackrman

hackrman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Don't mean to barge in guys but thought you might be interested in the Loose Nut Dual Sport ride we are starting this year. It starts just north of Evansville IN. That's not too far from St Louis. Should be fun. Here's the link:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822082

Not too expensive (just travel costs) Hope you guys can make it
  17. sieg

Oddometer:
    Ok, not a lot of chatter or riding going on on this thread :cry so……….anybody that doesn’t work a regular job want to ride Wednesday? :huh It’s going to be the best day of the week and I'm going.:clap<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I have a few rides in mind.:deal 1) If it don’t rain any more before then, I have a nice dual sport ride from Hecker to Chester and back. 2) I’d like to ride the levee on the Missouri side from south of Chester to ??? Never done that but it should be interesting this time of year. All gravel. Illinois won’t let you ride them on this side. 3) Twistys to Bixby or another small town eatery. 4) To Giant City to eat and look at leaves. 5) Anything to anywhere. Just ride.:wink:<o:p></o:p>
  18. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey-----------sieg----------shoot me your phone number on a PM.
    I seem to have everyday off for the rest of my life -------but have major projects to get a new bike
    fit for adventure travel for the weekend----------but we'll see what happens.

But.........since were both jobless---we need to ride !!!!

Mark Sampson (BigDog)
  19. dwthump

dwthump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sieg,

You may want to post your stuff on the Mo. ADV Riders thread, this one's not moving at all and should be probably deleted.

Darren

20. sieg

Oddometer:
    I linked it from there to here