Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:

The KnL footpegs use the oem springs and pivot pins, they will fold up like the stock pegs, pretty much at a 45 degree angle. Last I knew there was no standard height option but you might want to verify that as I was specifically looking for lowered and could have missed other choices.

Bruce
  2. optical

optical Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't believe the "bottom" of the peg is any lower. Its just that the height of the peg is shorter from bottom to top than the OEM pegs, so they have a lowering effect.

I picked them up as well and they are nice. Now, to get some spacers for the right foot bracket to rid myself of elvis legs.
  3. RMAK

RMAK The Magnanimous

Oddometer:
    No technical talk to contribute. Just hate to see the lights out on the Scrambler thread when I check in. Here's a nicely done Scram sent to me by my buddy Henry (Henry II here):
    [​IMG]
  4. Motoblag

Motoblag Replacing skill with will

Oddometer:
    Anyone got good ideas for skid plate bolts? The cheesy hex jobbers that came stock always seize and round out as you're trying to remove the danged thing. :bluduh No amount of anti-seize stops them from corroding in place.

I'm going to say screw it and put in regular headed bolts and call it a day, unless other folks have better ideas. Usually anti-seize or blue Loctite works but both have failed for this application.
  5. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got out for some back road riding with a buddy today. He borrowed my '08 Scrambler for a while last year while trying to decide what to buy, ended up with a pretty white over red '06. When we stopped for some lunch it was very apparent that his bike seemed to stand up 'normal' on the side stand while mine (and the other Scramblers that I am familiar with) leans rather drastically. I had always attributed this to Triumph using the same stand as on the Bonny, despite the longer Scrambler shocks, now I am wondering about that. So ... Scrambler owners who still have stock length shocks, does your bike lean drastacally on the side stand?

Bruce
  6. MightyChosen1

MightyChosen1 I wanna be sedated

Oddometer:

Yep, mine has the lean. I noticed a couple months ago it was getting worse and found the kickstand bolt had loosened up and was about to fall out. Thats when I decided to check all the bolts on my bike and found that the front sprocket was also loose as well.

7. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks, I haven't noticed that mine was getting worse but I miss a lot more than I used to so I better check that bolt!

Bruce
  8. DoubleCafe

DoubleCafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm diggin the brown leather seat, the Tuxedo Tank and the MAS aluminum fender!
  9. Steve SA

Steve SA Gravel Travel

Oddometer:
    Did 1000km of dirt riding 2 weeks ago on the annual "Parys-De Aar Rally" in South Africa. What a blast!

Hope you don't mind me sharing a few pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. gseur

gseur Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap
    Nice pics!

I can't wait about getting mine. Till about 10 days to wait. Aaaarrrgggghhhh
  11. b0rderman

b0rderman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    lovin' the pics...get some!!!
  12. TREE

TREE Interloper

Oddometer:
    Did Triumph ever make a Scrambler in that vivid lime green ?
  13. monks_point

monks_point Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They had a two tone color scheme a few years back. It was white and a pretty bright green.
  14. Maxacceleration

Maxacceleration Off the grid

Oddometer:
    I thought the silver/green scram was a good color combo.

[​IMG]
  15. Steve SA

Steve SA Gravel Travel

Oddometer:
    @gseur - The suspense must be killing you? Well worth the wait though.
  16. gseur

gseur Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes now that I've tried her and that I know she will come, it's too hard.
  17. Steve SA

Steve SA Gravel Travel

Oddometer:
    Patients my friend, patients :) Look forward to seeing your photo's when she arrives.
  18. Boola-Boola

Boola-Boola Scramblin' Man

Oddometer:
    That's shocking! How could they overlook the total difference in exhaust beat between the Scram's 270° crank and the Bonnie's 360° crank!?

To me the soundtrack provided by the Scrambler when ridden is one of the (many) great aspects of the riding experience (TOR's on mine). A Bonnie, even with TOR's, would be a totally different soundtrack, so a totally different riding experience. Vive the difference!

Those dealers really ought to have better awareness!!

While mentioning the crank...
    Although it is described as a 270° crank, when I was looking at the cylinder firing order, the crank throws and the camshafts shown in the assembly diagrams and relating what I saw there to what I was hearing and feeling as exhaust pulses at the tails of the exhausts, I figured that the two power pulses are 90° apart and that the valve timings give a little overlap of the two exhaust pulses - Cyl1 Ex still closing as Cyl2 Ex starts to open.

Anyone else that's given this some thought - do y'all agree? Disagree? 'Cuz it puzzles me why they call it a 270° crank if the power strokes are 90° apart.

Your thoughts please.
  19. LeChatNoir

LeChatNoir artiste

Oddometer:
    360-90=270..
    there you go.
    Btw I can't find a thruxton or scrambler anywhere.
  20. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    Don't want to rub it in but I have both.
    [​IMG]