Global Multi grab

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by RC Pilot, Dec 17, 2011.

1. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    1) train tracks going UNDER water.
    (kidding :D )

1) A wishing well

2) A long stretch of two lane road in front of your bike with no other vehicles in view

3) A bait and tackle shop (not sure what this might be called in other parts of the world - but a place to get fishing supplies.)

4) Your bike with a body of water behind it containing a boat clearly in view

5) A sign indicating the road is going to end

File pic prevention device: date stamp of today or later - or - your glove hanging in the left side of the image

Trying to keep this one out of town. Spent all afternoon riding downtown and I'm done with that for a while. :D And, as always, if I've included something that doesn't translate well to other parts of the world, please feel free to let me know just how un-worldly I am and suggest an appropriate substitution.
  2. BigTexasOne

BigTexasOne Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    1 acre of heaven, Springtown, TX. NW of Ft. Worth
    Well done, I went out again this afternoon for about an hour, and I still can't find anything solar! But I did get the next tag in the "by the numbers" game...
  3. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:

I went out to get this list without trying to lay out my route first figuring I'd see a solar something somewhere. No luck on that at all. Had to googlebing it for a while to find something suitable.
  4. RC Pilot

RC Pilot I am not anti social. I am selectively social! Supporter

Oddometer:
    1) A wishing well
    [​IMG]

2) A long stretch of two lane road in front of your bike with no other vehicles in view
    [​IMG]

3) A bait and tackle shop (not sure what this might be called in other parts of the world - but a place to get fishing supplies.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4) Your bike with a body of water behind it containing a boat clearly in view
    Mispillion River
    [​IMG]

5) A sign indicating the road is going to end
    In this case, the bridge is out a little ways up.
    [​IMG]

Found this one too, road ends at the barrier
    [​IMG]
  5. RC Pilot

Oddometer:
    Next 5.

1 - A farmer doing something in a field with a tractor - plowing, discing, spraying.

2 - A Nature center or or wildlife area.

3 - One lane bridge

4 - A farm with multipule barns

5 - Where the pavement ends. Show me where a paved road turns to dirt or the interesection of a dirt road and a paved road. Show the road sign if possible.
  6. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good tagging and good list! :clap
  7. RC Pilot

Oddometer:
    Rule up date.

Deleted the requirement for a file photo prevention item.

Here are the amended rules

1 - Since this is a global game, the general guideline should be things that everyone has a reasonable chance of getting. For example; if you wanted to use a shoreline/beach, it should be a lake or ocean shoreline/beach; not just an ocean shoreline/beach.

2 - File photos are discouraged, but I figure if anyone is anal enough to predate or doctor shots just to make a grab they can have it because it is probably all they have in life.

3 - Needless to say, the person who wins is excluded from participating in the challenge he/she puts up. Also, the list poster need only post the list, not pics of the items.

KEEP DISTANCES IN MIND. DO NOT SET A TAG LIST THAT WILL REQUIRE LONG RIDES (OVER 200 MILES) TO GET TAGS. EXAMPLE - 5 STATE CAPITOLS OR AIRPORTS IN 5 STATES. KEEP IT DOABLE IN ONE ENJOYABLE DAY RIDE.
  8. KingJarhead

KingJarhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your game and your decision....I liked the file prevention...I liked the twist it put in the game....was not very active in this but I always knew the list and the prevention item.....but I guess the BS in Greater Flugistan Multi-tag flooded over into this game....oh well....now it is not much different than other wildcard games, just more to grab....Sorry if I sound negative.
  9. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't watch the greater flugistan version of this. Always seemed like this crowd was laid back enough to prevent any of those sort of problems. Time stamp is plenty, although I can't get a time stamp if I'm using my cell phone - which has caused me to lose a couple shots. No big deal. It's a game and the purpose is riding.
  10. PhotoBiker

PhotoBiker Please insert title here

Oddometer:
    OK, I was just made aware of this game, it looks like more of a game than a drama thread. So I guess I am in.
  11. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the game. 100% drama free. :deal
  12. RC Pilot

Oddometer:
    No worries, it is the BS over there ( I do keep poling the nest :evil) that made me realize that a prevention item is actually a question of the players integrity. You are basically saying, right up front, that you do not trust anyone not to cheat. WHen you get right down to it though, if some loser takes the time look through their file photos to make a grab, the worst thing that will happen is I get bruced. Either way, the loser is still s loser and I got a nice ride out of it.
  13. RC Pilot

Oddometer:
    Welcome
  14. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    There was at least one list that I did have 4 of the items as file pics. And I did let one list go without trying as I had no way to tote around the prevention device. I'm not sensitive enough to let someone else's rules bother me though. It's a game. Games have rules. They is what they is.
  15. KingJarhead

KingJarhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    I completely understand the rule change, more I thought about it, the more it will make the game move faster. The integrity part was something I never thought about, I just thought the challenge item was part of the challenge and not a an itegrity checker. I hate file tags in any game so using them never comes to my mind, there has to be some circumstance out of my control for me to use one, I never go for a tag if I do not have a location or time to find a location for the drop. Thanks for sharing your mindset of the rule change....Now I am looking forward to being active in this game.

Welcome Photobiker.....there are some other fun tag games you might not be aware of...the First Letter, Last Letter game, the Tag by the Numbers Game and a couple of wildcard games that are not region specific.
  16. RC Pilot

Oddometer:
    OK, one of you head out and get;

1 - A farmer doing something in a field with a tractor - plowing, discing, spraying.

2 - A Nature center or or wildlife area.

3 - One lane bridge

4 - A farm with multipule barns

5 - Where the pavement ends. Show me where a paved road turns to dirt or the interesection of a dirt road and a paved road. Show the road sign if possible.
  17. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is an easy, one loop trip as soon as I can get the time to do it!
  18. KingJarhead

KingJarhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Farmer farming
    [​IMG]
    Multi barns
    [​IMG]
    One lane Bridge
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Pavement Ends
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]