Oregon to Ushuaia on an XR650L

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Ulyses, Oct 29, 2012.

1. NotAllWhoWanderRLost

NotAllWhoWanderRLost So many roads to ease my soul...

Oddometer:
    :eek1 Wow, by the looks of the truck he is lucky to be alive. I'm glad you were there and able to get him to a hospital. Were all hoping and praying for a successful surgery and a quick recovery. I hope that he is resting comfortably and is now doing well.

Please keep us posted on the PayPal account. I'm sure there are lot of other FF's around here who would be willing to help out a brother when he needs it.:deal
  2. Kawidad

Kawidad Long timer

Oddometer:
    :eek1 Keep us posted. :eek1
  3. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Okay, the HTML doesn´t work through ADV rider for some reason; however, it does work on my blog.

If you don´t want to go to the blog, you should be able to access the page directly by clicking here.

Thanks again to everyone!
  4. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    I tried to donate, but when I clicked on the link in your signature and in your post here all I got was this notification:

[​IMG]

This is what popped up immediately after clicking on your link. This wasn't a failed payment or anything.
  5. mathews42

mathews42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The link on your blog worked for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. alvincullumyork

alvincullumyork Ol Two Flags Supporter

Oddometer:
    If getting his bike back is to much for Justin/you maybe you could get it sent over to klrelsalvadors. Just a thought that crossed my mind. Jenna and I are praying for Justin and you.
  7. purpledrake

purpledrake No Pretensions

Oddometer:
    Ditto.
  8. Gale B.T.

Gale B.T. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bryce, enjoying your RR big time, and now this, WOW, you are doing a great job helping Justin.

Donation coming from us to Justin's recovery, will try to alert other ADV type here and around.

Keep the faith, Semper FI
    gale

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572583
  9. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I talked to him and he said that we could. I have to find a truck to get it over there though.
  10. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Crap! Thanks for the heads up. I can´t figure out how to get a direct link to the paypal thing, so I just re-routed it to my blog. The button on my blog does work. Thanks so much!
  11. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot brother! Semper Fi!

12. JDowns

JDowns Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer:
    Hi Bryce,

You don't know me but I'm just over the way in Guat. Will be heading your way with money and cheer. Justin needs a crazy uncle about now and I'm your man.

Everything works out in the end and makes for good stories but right now Justin could use some money and friendly faces.

Heading your way at first light tomorrow. It's not that far from Flores.

Look forward to meeting you guys.

Kindest regards,
    John Downs
    roadcapDen and fasttortoise like this.
  13. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    No problem. The link in your blog worked. I don't have much spare cash this time of year, but I sent a few bucks his way.
  14. purpledrake

Oddometer:
    Good on ya, Mate. Do what you can to help the boys, and then have a Merry Christmas.
  15. purpledrake

Oddometer:
    Also, Ulyses seems to think that Guatemala hates him. Please disabuse him if such nonsense. ;#*¥£
  16. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haha! Awesome! I do know you actually. When I first started gettin on this forum about a year and a half ago to start planning this trip, you gave me all sorts of advice, which I promptly ignored! Haha! You told me to get an XR250 Tornado in Mexico; I ended up getting a 92´ BMW R100GS with bad electrics and a fuel problem!

But seriously, thanks a lot man! Kurt and Corey, the two Canadians that you met up at Tikal just showed up yesterday to help out as well, so it looks like Justin is going to have party down here. We offered to hook up some beer into his IV last night, but he declined.

Looking forward to seeing you!
  17. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot man! Every little bit helps!
  18. Ulyses

Ulyses Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don´t think it´s just Guatemala that hates me; after everything that has happened, I'm pretty sure that all of Central America is out to get us!!! Haha!
  19. luckybum

luckybum old n tard

Oddometer:
    I think Stan Perry will show up today to see if he can help. He's riding a KLR650 that I prepared a few years ago for GSGAL to ride to South America. He bought the bike from her to do the same trip but had an accident in Arizona when a driver turned in front of him. He trucked it to Oregon and we rebuilt it so he could continue south. Justin is (was) riding the KTM690 I sold him earlier this year. GSGAL and I have decided we won't be selling any more motorcycles. It just hasn't worked out for the buyers........ Best wishes to Justin. I hope you can get him home soon!
  20. Gale B.T.

Gale B.T. Long timer

Oddometer: