Gender feminism sends me to south america

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by kramnamhoh, Nov 14, 2011.

1. balloonman

balloonman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This site is loaded with info so enjoy exploring. Around the corner from Puerto Escondido is Zicitella Beach miles of motels and a campground Garden of Eden or Alba's. Breakfast at Carmen's, Rock Away for bar/pool, Teo's for dinner. Have fun ask Don Franko about his flavored mescal. Say hi to Gordey, white 250 dirt bike. Ask Rosco where the party is? Captain Tom
  2. rc3oboy

rc3oboy n00b

Oddometer:
    This is an awesome way to keep up with how things are going. It looks so warm there, rode to the Toy Run in Medford on Saturday, 28 degrees with ice forming on my knees and sleeves of my jacket, hmmmm that sun looks toasty good. Keep on keepin' on...
  3. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
    I too spent many winters in Escondido. Deadly waves, the point is excellent when breaking. Look up the Crow if you are there, he's probably a local fixture by now. Hell, I haven't been there since 1992, can't imagine what it is like now. My first visit was 1983, couldn't even find a surfboard back then, now it's an international surf destination.
  4. wheatwhacker

wheatwhacker It's raining here Supporter

Oddometer:
    ]I meet up with some fellow adventure riders in Mazatlan. They marvel at what is the &#8220;overloaded KLR&#8221;. I deliver the extra set of brake pads that I picked up for them in Phoenix, and we talk about the direction we are going. They are going inland, and I am headed down the coast for the next few days. We are both heading toward mexico city and then to Belize. I&#8217;ll be a day or so behind them in Mexico City, but should catch up by Belize. <o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Nice meeting you. Your blog is amazing. Nice pic of me :)
  5. opaque_machete

opaque_machete girls wanna have fun

Oddometer:

I'd like punctuation for $1. And a translator. :huh
  6. basketcase

basketcase lifelong reject fixer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Enjoying your report bro, but reading about you hitting the tope or whatever the thing is called brought back some unpleasant memories of another adventurer who suffered a terrible mishap in Mexico.

So please be careful, and keep the shiny side up.

:thumb
  7. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
    I don't think you can get a bachelor's degree with that writing style. Maybe not even a GED.
  8. xcgates

xcgates Whaaa?

Oddometer:
    I dunno, my group turned in a couple lab reports that were fueled by caffeine and sugar, which usually made the professor cry. We knew we were in trouble if he called us over and told us to read a section out loud, because it meant it would make no sense the minute you heard yourself say it out loud. Unless we were hung over from celebrating wrapping up the report. I have never figured out how to use the English language hungover. :freaky

Bottom line, I gots meself a bachelors, but it were techy, so me no write gud from time to time. :lol3 But the reading aloud trick is a good one I use every day at my real job (spent the last half of today going over another guy's plan, and still have an hour or so of looking it over to do tomorrow morning). Heck, I find myself using the same editing tactics here from time to time! :eek1
  9. kramnamhoh

kramnamhoh Been here awhile

Oddometer:

yes...i do have a lot of sh%t!! Remeber though, I have two small duffel bags extra with dress clothes and dress shoes, etc so I can go out dancing and on dates on this trip. I am also of the mindset that if you have room, you should bring it.

If i make it without breaking the KLRs rear subframe bolts, then all will be good.....
  10. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:

WOW:
    Not sure,but, I think I just heard JAMES JOYCE roll over in his grave. Oh he has a $1 too. :lol3
  11. Parcero

Parcero Mundial Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chicago physically, Colombia en mi mente.
    You need a trailer. Maybe one of those small ones with only one wheel. Swap out the factory tire for a knobby and it would look good with the KLR.

I am enjoying your report. I hit Mexico today.

12. kramnamhoh

Oddometer:
    Rough mountain roads&#8230;.The backroads are rough and very twisty. It takes a very loooong time to get anywhere. The wonder that is the overloaded KLR completely loses it&#8217;s rear brake on the downhill of the first mountain pass. The roads are lined with tall weeds and bushes, so you can&#8217;t see what is around the corner. It might be a rock in the road, a broken down vehicle, a herd of cows, who knows. It&#8217;s a balancing act between caution of what is around the corner, my cooked rear brakes, my desire to get to my destination, and the fact that I like to go fast around corners. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Attached Files:

13. kramnamhoh

Oddometer:
    I pass through palm trees, grassy hills (ala California), desert scrub with large cactus, high mountain pine forests, and oak tree covered hills in a relatively short distance.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Attached Files:

14. kramnamhoh

Oddometer:
    Buy your chips here. Another of the many people selling things or begging for money at many of the topes.

Attached Files:

15. kramnamhoh

Oddometer:
    The small towns can be really difficult to navigate through. The only signs that are there usually direct you to the center of town. The problem is there is never any signs to direct you on your way out of town. Most towns are a maze of one way streets and rough cobblestones. They repair the road by hand, which looks like it really sucks.

Attached Files:

16. kramnamhoh

Oddometer:
    - I look for a hotel for in downtown Jipilquin for way too long. The festival of Guadulupe (which is some sort of celebration of their ability to make noise all night long--- damn Mexicans like to make noise) is going on and they town is packed with people. I decide to try the outskirts of town, and found a motel. It must be mid-range hotel cuz they include toilet paper and a prison quality steel door, but not hot water for a shower. All this for only $12...I’m worried about bike security…so I locked my bike to a scaffolding in parking lot…hope it’s there in am. My Spanish sucks …I cant even order food without translator on phone though I manage to get beer and chicken tortillas (both really good).

Attached Files:

17. kramnamhoh

Oddometer:
    the prison quality door at my motel...how reassuring....

Attached Files:

18. kramnamhoh

Oddometer:
    I still have a KLR

Attached Files:

19. kramnamhoh

Oddometer:
    Started the day riding in fog!! Where is the warm mexico sunshine. And it’s cold!! I have my heated gear on high, and the heated grips on high, and I’m still getting cold. I wasn’t expecting this. I’m happy I have heated gear, or this would really suck.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Attached Files:

20. kramnamhoh

Oddometer:
    Lunch on the road. Bill, this was such a great idea. It tastes really good, and is quick.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Attached Files: