Fly Trekker Dual Sport Helmet?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by underkill, Mar 12, 2011.

1. TeneRay

TeneRay Emotional Supporter

Oddometer:
    I second that. Mine faded in just a few months.

2. mikesova

mikesova Michigander

Oddometer:
    Now I'm all nervous. Mine could be fading and I wouldn't know it because it's already white. ;)
  3. NotAllWhoWanderRLost

NotAllWhoWanderRLost So many roads to ease my soul...

Oddometer:
    :rofl

:beer
  4. Cobain

Cobain night owl

Oddometer:
  5. ThumperStorm

ThumperStorm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just bought a Hi-Vis Fly Trekker from Revzilla. First impressions are favorable. It is snug but I think it will be fine once I get the chance to wear it (10 degrees as I write this). I usually wear a large and that is what I got. I wear glasses and it is a little bit of an awkward fit but I think it will work out. I like the color, I hope it doesn't fade. Overall I am satisfied.:nod
  6. advzebra

advzebra Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine fogs quite badly the second its rainy out - I ride down to about 45 degree temps - if its cold and wet, forget it.

Warmer weather its fantastic - I wear glasses as well and love how much space I've got even with the visor down.
  7. Cobain

Cobain night owl

Oddometer:
    you can really notice how much air leaks in through the lens when its cold out. That needs improvement for sure.
  8. pjm204

pjm204 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've had mine since June. Overall I'd say it is a good helmet. I have a few gripes, which have already been stated:

1. Fogs very easily in the rain
    2. Does not have enough positions (down, middle, up)
    3. Shield does not seal when in the down position
    4. Paint seems to chip fairly easily
    5. Pretty cold in the winter (I commute to work daily in PA, temps drop to single digits at times)

I'm glad I bought it, and for the price I think it is a good value. However, I the helmet I came off of was better, HJC AC-12.
  9. MartinPetren

MartinPetren Swe

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I'm a proud owner of the Spada Sting nowadays! Came from using a Uvex Enduro, which in my opinion was great (especially when I crashed with it), but this Spada is half the price and (almost) as good! The only downside from my point of view is following:

-Fogs up easily
    -Doesn't have a wind stopper in front of chin.

But both are solvable! Just order a DIY pinlock and use the old wind stopper from the Uvex remainings.

:clap

(Oh and a bit of topic, but still a bit OT, the neck brace(EVS R4) shown in picture is awesome. Especially together with the Spada. Look it up if you want just a bit more safety riding your bike.)
  10. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    Do they sell mirrored visors for the Trekker or did you make one? Looks great.
  11. mikesova

mikesova Michigander

Oddometer:
    Show us detailed pictures of the pin-lock install, I'm curious. :)
  12. MartinPetren

MartinPetren Swe

Oddometer:
    I haven't done it yet! Will put up pics when I have.. Might take a few weeks, though, as I am studying 600kms from home and my bike.
  13. E365

E365 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had this issue AFTER taking the shield off once. Try loosening the side/pivot screws, moving the shield around a bit, then retightening. After some fiddling I got mine to seal up and snap down quite well.
  14. stiggs13

stiggs13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    have a black one rode with it to Death Valley last year vented well but noisy, works nicely with goggles. Kinda wish the shield was longer, and it doesn't like my sunglasses much they tend to slide up.
  15. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have this one to,

When I lift the sreen fully, then the screen touched de ventilation pins on the top and set open the ventilation on the top.

Someone else have that too?
  16. dualsportride

dualsportride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I enjoy my Fly Trekker, but I did have an issue with fogging up, but only when I have goggles on under the face shield. The only time I ride like this is when its cold or raining and were on a dual sport. I just bought my father-in-law one and he is a little more picky on helmets so we will see how he likes it.

Fly Trekker Review
  17. HanShotFirst

HanShotFirst Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My daughter has the hi-vis Fly and she loves it. Very comfy and fits well. She does complain about the duck bill pulling her head up at higher speeds when she’s on the back of my street bike. But for most adventure riding, that’s not an issue at all. If you have glasses, you WILL need thin wire frames to put on your glasses with this helmet.
  18. HanShotFirst

HanShotFirst Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey while I’m at it. Rumor has it Fly makes a kit to take off the duck bill visor, but I’m unable to find it anywhere. Anyone seen such a thing? Link??
  19. mattlikesbikes

mattlikesbikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got the new Fly Tourist and love the function but was a little let down with the overall quality. It works well and I guess I should not expect a lot for $100, but it fogs up bad, lots of air leaks for wind and whistles, and feels a bit cheap.

I looked at the Treker but bought the BILT version since I assumed the build of the treker was similar to the tourist. The BILT DS helmet is pretty well built.
  20. rpet

rpet Awesometown

Oddometer:
    Any comments on the aftermarket shields? Particularly if the mirrors are rugged or scratch really easily. I'm generally using sunglasses or tinted goggles, but a quality mirror shield would be a nice option. thanks!