Ripped off by a Vendor (Konvoi.ro)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by HolyCannoli, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Wired

Wired Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That sucks!! I don't have any ideas for you that haven't already been stated here.

In the future though, I probably would not do business with anyone that writes like that.
  2. GREGRIDES

GREGRIDES n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm new to this forum & look at everyone's advice, tricks & tips. This could end up saving others a lot of aggrevation & heartbreak. Sorry you've been given the Romanian shuffle!!!
  3. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:

Cause english isn't his native language? There are a few honest people who can't write in english...you'll find the way to communicate. However I admit that seems like this vendor didn't even try to understand what the customer was ordering.
    It's a shame what happened to Eric but don't judge all the non-US vendors / non english speakers based on this. In fact, I buy almost everything for my bike/car/mtb from overseas and never had a problem with vendors from eastern europe, taiwan and the US...
  4. HolyCannoli

HolyCannoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the sympathy everyone. I am upset about the money but the really bad part is that I have wanted to take this trip for 15 years and this was the only summer we could do it. Now the wife (who rides an 09 F650 GS) is pregnant sooooo I guess it will have to wait another 18 years. I am happy about the baby but sad about the trip.
  5. subybaja

subybaja Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn, that sucks. Maybe he'll get his shit together like Ep!c did?

Romania...I remember that thread!
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661079

Not good:
    lauramarginean
    --Last Activity: 06-11-2012 08:38 AM

:clap on the baby! Mine's almost 4- they don't have to mean no riding! Grandparents are great...
  6. BUMOT

BUMOT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm from Bulgaria, neighboring country of Romania. I'm sorry for what happened. I will send you two site cases for FREE (you will pay only delivery and US taxes). Choose the color and size of cases from the site . Send me PM with delivery adress .
  7. boxermoose

boxermoose Regressive airhead Supporter

Oddometer:
    While I have a lot of empathy for your situation - bluntly - Man up - if this blip discourages you from taking your trip...well ...how do you expect to deal with issues on the road. it's not the luggage that makes the trip it's the attitude

Stop by Houston and I'll lend you a set of Nelson Riggs 850CL bags - or figure a way to get them to you

http://http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=457
  8. HolyCannoli

Oddometer:
    In hindsight, I should have just figured out a way to pack my stuff and left but I kept saying to myself, "he shipped it, it will be here any day." By the time I really gave up, it was too late in the summer (to hot) for my pregnant Austrian wife and then my father passed away quite suddenly after an 11 year battle with cancer so it just wasn't meant to be.

Bulgaras:
    THANK YOU so much for your generous offer. I can't tell you how awesome that is. I however could not accept these from you as this is your labor and how you make your living. THank you for the offer!
  9. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    Wow !!!
    :thumb:thumb:thumb
  10. BUMOT

BUMOT Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Yes, This is my labor and the offer is opened in any moment .If you send me delivery address I will send you site cases for free. Don't let anyone destroy your dreams.
    P.S. Never give up
  11. sailah

sailah Lampin' it

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

You can have these panniers I built for shipping. I lost a lid though so you'd need to figure that out.

I don't do it for a living if that makes it easier:D

Scratches and stickers included free of charge.

Pretty nice offer from bulgaria too...
  12. EKinOR

EKinOR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap

What a generous offer! Your cases look really nice and I will strongly consider your cases the next time I'm looking to buy cases. I'll be sure to let my friends know too.

It is nice to see vendors like you!
  13. AnjinSan

AnjinSan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am from Romania and I just want to say I am so sorry you got into this situation. I do not know the guy from konvoi, I wrote a message to him, in Romanian, asking for clarifications but no answer also :(

This is already a second bad report about him so either he has serious problems (due to which he did a bad job - teiz's case, or did not finished at all - your case) or he just wants out of business. In both cases he should just reimburse you fully with a lot of apologies.

Again, I am so sorry about this. Hope it will sort out eventually.
  14. waspp

waspp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You may still get them. I think from the time they were posted Romanian mail to there arrival was about 28 days. They are not the most rugged boxes for sure but not bad for the price. I also bought a set of muffin top boxes which were cheaper and extremely rugged. I hope they show up for you anyway.
  15. HolyCannoli

Oddometer:
    somewhere in the back of my mind there is a little bit of hope that these will show up and I can move on with my life but he said he shipped them at the beginning of August and for the second time was unable to provide a tracking number.

What is a muffin top box?
  16. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome.

HolyCannoli, I hope that the cases you bought still show. To me this is no different than stealing.

Hope karma bites him in the ass.
  17. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
  18. waspp

waspp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's the Muffin tops on my Quota. Very rugged and he will make the size you want.

[​IMG]
  19. mpou

mpou Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just finished reading the forum started by HolyCannoly about being ripped off by Istvan at Konvoi. It felt like dejavu, as I have still not received mine either. I last communicated with Istvan on August 8th when he promised to ship the cases the following week. Keep in mind that I ordered (and paid for) the cases in February. It was interesting to note that the messages and excuses that HolyCannoly received were identical to the one I received. Istvan does not seem to take his north american buyers ( I am Canadian ) very seriously. Well, I all can do now is continue to hope that Istvan will finally fulfill his contractual obligations. The cases looked so good. The reviews were so positive. Nothing else I can do now but wait. Lesson learned.
  20. marcone

marcone V-Stromer

Oddometer:
    HolyCannoli, sorry for your bad experience with this purchase.
    Not exactly sure how things stand with this guy, he was last seen on August 30th on the romanian motorcycle forum where he has a pannier topic also: http://www.motociclism.ro/forum/ind...-de-aluminiu/page__view__findpost__p__3214710
    I'll try contacting someone living in his area, maybe we can get to te bottom of this!

Started a topic regarding this here: http://www.motociclism.ro/forum/ind...tru-comparatorii-straini/page__gopid__3232884
    In translation:
    "There are some people on the foreign discussion boards, mainly advrider.com, who are complaining of user's "lauramarginea"'s Konvoi.ro business.
    It seems there are orders not fullfiled, money not refunded and no more response from him. Last online here was August 30th.
    Who is friends with him/knows him personally/lives in Baia Mare and can pay him a visit to see what's happening?"

Immediately received a reply from the guy stating that he has more clients that he can handle and that he is not the least bit worryed about not being able to fulfill all the orders. I'd say get in touch with the American embassy in Bucharest and file a formal complaint. Being that we are so USA dependent, Romanian authorities may look into it.