KTM LC4 (640) Thread Index

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by meat popsicle, Jul 9, 2005.

1. greendog75

greendog75 running short wheel base

Oddometer:
    Has anbody got a under the bar steering damper and mount they want to offload for a 625 SXC or adventure? I'm running a large tank and a over the bar mount seems to get in the way of the cap.

Thanks

Greendog
  2. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    I too don't think they're necessary, the 3 pieces my subframe was in when I got home from my last trip had nothing to do with them, however they do make great tiedown points for my panniers:D
  3. wherearewe?

wherearewe? Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ok, just to let yall know. i pulled out the starter today and brushes are finished. starter case had debri inside so tomorrow ill organise a temp solution for newies.
    choke cable also dislodged/ busted hence the tricky kick start as she seems to like a wee bit of choke in the morning..
    gone through all the wiring now and tidied up so fingers crossed i will be ready for a decent ride soon.

cheers all.

steve
  4. Low594

Low594 Adventuring Creep

Oddometer:
    Contact Rick's Electric, they carry alot more than just the new motor and brush plate that they show on a search!
  5. clintnz

clintnz Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer:
    I had the local auto electrician measure up my old starter brushes & they found & fitted some car ones that were the same size. They are still going strong 50K km later.

Great to see someone selling new starter motors & parts for the LC4 online though, do Ricks ship internationally?

Cheers
    Clint
  6. Low594

Low594 Adventuring Creep

Oddometer:
    They are a top notch dealer with great customer service, I would think they would shipp all over ,but I dont know for sure
  7. Motorrad

Motorrad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know... on the dash of a adventure. what makes the light for the indicators (turn signals, low fuel light, etc).. if its LED or a filiment bulb,,,,,

also..

the FI light... anyone know where the corisponding plug is on the wire harness that isnt used?

Im looking to tap into it, and use it as a charging system monitor .. and utilize the FI light in the dash...

http://www.planet-equipment.com/ chargealert
  8. Low594

Low594 Adventuring Creep

Oddometer:
    Well, first tell us what you got, so you get the right answers!

On my '99 the indicators are filiment bulbs that are soldered to pins and the vibrations break the solder, which is why I just converted mine to LEDs. Simple job, but havent looked into why the turnsignal indicator only works with the left turns and not the rights?! Thinking reverse polarity, but not sure yet.

FI as in Fuel Injection??? Is any LC4 Adventure fuel injected??
  9. nochain

nochain Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey does anybody know if my front brake has a wired connection to the rear light? the rear brake is working but I can not seem to find a switch for the front which I am not wondering if this is "normal" stock not to have it. If so that is counter intuitive.

Its a SXC625
  10. MNCherryinCA

MNCherryinCA KTM Noob

Oddometer:
    My 2004 SXC has no switch wired to the front brake. rear only.
  11. nochain

nochain Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Cheery I will stop looking then for the switch and wire.
  12. Motorrad

Oddometer:
    Oops.. I swear I did.. guess not.

its a 2002 adventure. so digital dash.

the dash looks the same as the newer 990's with the fuel injection.. and they use this light... I believe KTM was just planning ahead. (same with the unused oil pressure light)..

Id like to tap into the FI light and use it for the charge alert.. as it would be clean looking, and using up a otherwise not used indicator.

13. Low594

Low594 Adventuring Creep

Oddometer:
    I cant help you too much, but what info(if any) does your manual show for it? Wire colors, pin locations, etc? If you can locate the pins or wires for it,pu a meter on ohms or continuity and measure those two in both directions, ie red probe to light color & black probe to dark color, then swap the probes. If you get the same reading its a bulb, if you get an open in one of the directions its an led(light emitting DIODE).
  14. Tonicu

Tonicu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It finally worked out ... after "lifting" both rockers with a screwdriver and adjusting accordingly that annoying clicking sound disappeared and the engine sounded as it should.
    As for the Creeper's carb mods, along with a new sparkplug, airbox boot, airbox cover - a copy of the Powerparts one - and a thorough carb cleaning the power band is slightly better at all revs, probably not so much at full throttle, but it's definetly better than before, more usable power and more resposive throttle, so you can adjust better the power you need in each case.
    Next step is modifying the stock muffler. Probably the smartest way of doing it would be buying the SXC one, but I'd rather give it a go and see how it goes with the standard modified one. I've found this very useful http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79898 but I haven't seen any pictures regarding the exhaust " de-coring ". Do any of you have pictures of the process so I don't go too wrong?
    Thanks for helping!
  15. axehead

axehead Adventurer

Oddometer:
    where did you get a copy of the powerparts air cover? or did you make it? thanks...
  16. Tonicu

Tonicu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I fabricated it from the stock cover. Not difficult if you have an adequate saw. I made a rectangular shaped hole of 7,5x5 cms at the top end of the cover that goes behind the outer airbox cover. If you need a picture let me know.
  17. Motorrad

Oddometer:

Okay.. took dash appart. LED lights. all controlled by magic circiut boards.. no way to trace out to a wire color.

My manual is the standard manual.. I was hoping somone had a wire diagram that shows which Pins on the back of the speedo did what...

as one of the pins must kick the FI led....
  18. dnrobertson

dnrobertson Big Bike, Slow Rider

Oddometer:
    My wiring diagram only shows the wiring colours to the dash. No individual traces to the LED's. Sorry.
  19. axehead

axehead Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would have thought the FI LED would not have been fitted, even if the capacity was there.

But why wouldn't you just cut any wires on the LED, and connect new ones to your farkle, bypassing the circuit board altogether?
  20. axehead

axehead Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks!

I guess the dimensions are a pretty good start. I have some mesh from a screen on another old bike, going to do some surgery and transplant it to mine...