Radioman Rides the World.......

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Radioman, May 19, 2011.

1. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have a good ride down South this go around:ricky

Say hello to the crazy Mexican/Canary Island expat for me if he is still hanging out in Qutio:freaky
  2. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  3. Scubalong

Scubalong Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Mark

Thanks for sharing your journey, have been reading your report for the last few days. A lot of good stuff, still playing catch up and just find out the reason you are heading out to see the world. My hat out to you Sir:devildog
    I am looking forward to your next report. Be safe et Bon Vogage
  4. miguelitro

miguelitro I like the ads, in fact, give me more ads.

Oddometer:
    nice to hear you are back Mark, I'm sitting in quito until tomorrow and then heading home which is now in salinas. let me know if you are in the area!
    Mike
  5. wyowanderer

wyowanderer Wyoming Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just another envious long time reader of your thread wishing you the best on your next journey. Be safe and have fun. Was up in your neck of the woods (Whidbey Island, Olympic Peninsula, Astoria, OR, Mount St Helens, Hood River, OR) August 20-23 on my cycle and must say I had a great time and saw some absolutely beautiful country and ate some great food and drank some great beers. I hope to go back next year with the family. Looking forward to following the rest of your journeys.
    Thanks.
  6. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    There now...that didn't take so long!!...

[​IMG]
    (the circle on the left prints is a run-over from a previous decal job...these were test prints. the top right is the winner!!) :clap)

I kin make 'em 3.5" x 5", or 2" x 3"....who want's acouple???

( need to figure out how to send any fundage to the Radioman to do with as he sees fit!) :deal :norton
  7. IceCreamSoldier

IceCreamSoldier suffering somewhere

Oddometer:
    I'll take 36 of those stickers. One for each kid in Mrs. S's class ( I count myself as a kid)
  8. WeazyBuddha

WeazyBuddha Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer:
    Happy trails RadioMan :clap
  9. EKIN

EKIN Just Do It

Oddometer:
    I would be proud to fly a Radioman sticker on my GS. Let us know what is needed to order?

Mark, safe travels and looking forward to the next leg of your adventure.
  10. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    well...before this get's too crazy I'll chat with Mr. Man hisself, and get it all figgered out.
  11. Rustler

Rustler Happy Camper

Oddometer:
    Mark, some television program needs to make you a traveling correspondent for them. Just an idea.

Glad to see Radioman back in action. Your foreign travels are so much more interesting than plain vanilla Washington. May His Angels keep you safe as you spread good cheer on your further adventures, and as an outstanding goodwill ambassador for America.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

And now an oldie but goody on the Radioman Network.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k8NN9PL1iwk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  12. IceCreamSoldier

IceCreamSoldier suffering somewhere

Oddometer:

the fuse is iit .................:lol3
  13. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Light the bird....
    I want at least 1...
  14. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ummm....

Yeah! Put me down for an order of at least 8! I need one for the car and the truck - and then each if the bikes! Then a man needs a few extras!
  15. rockymountainoyster

rockymountainoyster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    May the long time sun
    Shine upon you,
    All love surround you,
    And the pure light within you
    Guide your way on.

This is the traditional closing of kundalini yoga practice but is also attributed by some sources as an Irish salutation. Whatever the case and wherever the source the thought goes with you as you continue your wondrous journey.
  16. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    Happy trails Mark.
  17. davidbrundage

davidbrundage Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I see a book in Mark's near future.
  18. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
    At some point Mark earned the "Pro Adventurer" status. He has become the type of person your motorcycle dealer has come in to do seminars and talk about there adventures (and hopefully pays him). It works well for filling the shop with people who are prospective ADV bike buyers, and or riders who have ADV Gear (or better bike) requirements.

I know the local BMW dealer does this several times per year.

Radioman PA (Pro Adventurer)
  19. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just a quick update as I am packed up and ready to ride to Banos today.

Was a long flight back to Quito via Atl. Left at 6:30 am and arrived Quito at 10:30 PM....

Flights we uneventful and was glad to get back to South America.

[​IMG]

Of course in Atlanta had a chance to charge up and connect witgh last minute calls and emails. Phone is now shut off again :D So I can only connect via email, FB, ADVrider and Skype :lol3

[​IMG]

It was 11:30 or so after making it through Customs and immigration easily with no taxes on all the stuff I brought with me!
    As I walked through the door, I get a hearty "Hello Mark, you made it" :clap Larry is from BC and just bought a bike from Mike in Medellin, Colombia and is riding south. He has been following my ride report :clap Very Cool Welcome back. Sat and talked for a couple hours.

Then up in the am to get things started. He had chain replaced and I needed to go get my Motorcycle!

Cheers to fellow riders

[​IMG]

Antonio came and picked me up and drove me back to his home outside Quito where I stored my bike. Paid him $20 per month. Was a bit worried how it would be getting the bike running after 4.5 months... But I connected the battery back up, and she started right up :thumb

[​IMG]

Stopped over to Freedom Bike Rentals to see Court and Sylvan. Had brought new TKC-80 tires with me, so I wanted t put them on. Court was really great and rode over to the tire guys who have a balancer and I got them both put on for the next part of my ride. Thanks Court!! Great guys if you want to fly and rent in Ecuador!

http://freedombikerental.com

[​IMG]

New tires on.....ready to ride.

Had a bunch of repacking and sorting to do...... But working on it now and then Larry and I will ride to Banos today!

:ricky Back on the road!
  20. Jibby

Jibby Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah!

Glad you're back on the road.

:clap