N.Y. Motorcycle show

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by oldmanb777, Dec 19, 2012.

1. TengaiJohn

TengaiJohn Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The colder the better, it'll keep the Harleys and crotch rockets off the streets, more room for me to park.

Last year all the hardcore riders wore short sleeve shirts and vests (colors) ..... really, I saw them get off the bus in front of the Javitz center :rofl:rofl
  2. dlearl476

dlearl476 Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer:
    We make a lot of fun but you know what? When I'm traveling and I'm more than ten miles from any city limit, I see ten Harleys for ever one of every other manufacturer combined. Last year on my trip from Utah to NYC, I ran into one guy on a GS, saw maybe 10 non-cruisers, out of hundreds of motorcycles.
  3. TengaiJohn

TengaiJohn Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's because the GS's are traveling around the world and Harleys need to stay in the country in case they break down.... :rofl:rofl:rofl

Plus the dual sport bikes are not riding on main "boring" roads, so you wouldn't see them.
  4. bdb1513

bdb1513 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just picked up my ticket for tomorrow with the Progressive code. $13 isn't too bad....never been to the bike show, only the car show a few times.
  5. tundra61

tundra61 I wish I had a title

Oddometer:
    Went to the show today. I would say it was pretty good and worth attending, definitely the best show in the past 3 years.

every manufacturer was there including Indian and KTM - even got to meet mike Wolfe from American Pickers, Paul Yaffe and a few other big name.
  6. Detale

Detale Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. I'm going tomorrow AM. I'm gonna brave the crowds
  7. PullingG's

PullingG's What?

Oddometer:
    thanks...are Aprilia and Guzzi there as well this year?
  8. Ron_Ces

Ron_Ces Aging Hacker

Oddometer:
    Please support some of the small vendors at the show. They are what make the show interesting. One little gadget goes along way for their bottom line. I have no dog in this race, but picture a MC show without them. Just sayin'.
    Ron
  9. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:
    Was fun to meet a few of you at the booth!

I'm there tomorrow from opening until about 5 pm. See ya there!

(FYI: Booth #558, NY Motorcycle & Scooter Task Force. Just look UP. :D )
  10. tundra61

tundra61 I wish I had a title

Oddometer:
    Great question - not that I saw !
  11. GeneC

GeneC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got back from the show tonight andi have to say I was disappointed. The show seems to get smaller and smaller every year. However, the main reason for me going was to check out the vstrom and they did have both the standard and and venture model, so that was good.

Although I must say...the Ducati babes get better and better every year :-)
  12. racermx66

racermx66 Suzuki

Oddometer:
    Just got back from the show and didn't think it was bad. The Ducati girls and the girls around the Moto GP bikes had to be the hottest girls I EVER saw. Actually liked looking at the custom bikes, which there were a lot of them. Saw a small booth with Aprillias in it, but it was so small, about four bikes, you could walk by it without noticing them.
  13. dlearl476

Oddometer:
    No. Nor MV. Nor ANY aspect of the trials segment. (I really wanted to try on some Gaerne boots) :cry. Knowing what IMS is all about I knew what to expect. More of a dealer show than manufacturer show. I was surprised it didn't even fill one hall. Last time I was at EICMA, it filled 4 or 5 of those halls. I did get to meet Wiseblood, ogle some sweet trade show eye candy, and pick up the aforementioned accoutrements for the Arai, so it wasn't a total loss. No WristRest, though. :cry
  14. dlearl476

Oddometer:
    Did you catch the Ducati apparel fashion show? :knary I saw for or five really sweet little bob jobs. One built with an XS650 and skinny tires that actually looked rideable. (By the main Ducati booth, IIRC)
    The steam punk Harley that was in the Moto Art booth was pretty interesting too.

On the whole though, I find the Las Vegas Motorcycle Auction a lot more appealing. What can I say? I'll take a '74 Alpina still in a crate over a GSXRYZRDS 600 any day, but that's just me.

Still, the Ducati girls are nice.
  15. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about your cameras.:cry

:*sip*
  16. GHOST RIDER ?

GHOST RIDER ? found second gear

Oddometer:

thanks for the ticket code:deal just bought tickets on my way to the show :freaky
  17. Rodknee

Rodknee the post is mightier than the sword...

Oddometer:
    question for those who passed by the ktm booth, is the 1190 adventure at the show?
  18. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    No. Which makes sense from KTM's pov. I would have loved to have seen it, but why dilute 2013 models appeal with something that won't be available until (according to a couple of orange folks there) around 1/14.

Overall I enjoyed the show. Somehow the overall vibe seemed very positive and mellow, the seminars I attended were interesting (YES school and (a little less so) the Schwantz session, good mix of non-cruiser type lifestyle vendors and some neat specials.
  19. pocomike

pocomike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Show was a good time. Highlight was meeting Lois from Lois on the loose.
  20. ktmjohn

ktmjohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Pics, we need PICS !:freaky