Moto Guzzi Museum visit

Discussion in 'Photos' started by jbar28, Sep 19, 2012.

1. jbar28

jbar28 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As part of a week riding in the Italian Alps my friend Pete (tt100) and I visited the Moto Guzzi Museum in Mandello del Lario, Italy. Niether of us are Guzzi owners, but both would like to be someday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The museum collection is a great bunch of bikes, in restored and unrestored condition. From the very first GP model through the racing bikes of the pre-war and post-war era, up to the modern v-twin bikes. You could easily spend the one hour they are open (M-F 3pm to 4pm) just looking at the variety of valve train arrangements MG has used over the years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Someday I'm going to own a red Moto Guzzi. It has to be red, the ONLY correct color for a Guzzi, as you can see!

[​IMG]

And while I'd like to have a Norge, I have a feeling that this is probably closer to my budget

[​IMG]

Like my friend Mark who said he was going to buy an antique Lamborghini tractor he saw for sale for $8000, just because it was the only way he'd ever be able to truthfully say he had a Lambo!

Anyway, for those of you who are interested in looking at over 200 pictures Pete and I took, good shots, bad ones, duplicates, and the rest, they're all HERE!

[​IMG]

Enjoy.

Jim
  2. Pokeyjoe

Pokeyjoe Vespa Primavera 150

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the link and the tour. I didn't see one of these. Did they have one?

[​IMG]
  3. jbar28

jbar28 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Closest thing they had was one of these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks similar but for the crazy wall-climber attachment. What you would really do with it I can hardly imagine.
  4. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is hands down the best collection of pictures from the museum I've ever seen. I finally got to see it in all it's splendor. Thank you.
  5. jbar28

jbar28 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Exactly why we posted them all. You never know which one is going to be the one someone has been wanting to see. Worth the trip especially if you can combine it with riding in the Alps / Dolomites.
  6. marc-s

marc-s photographer

Oddometer:
    slowpoke69 likes this.
  7. CharlieFox

CharlieFox Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. jbar28

jbar28 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Of course the only the missing at the Moto Guzzi Museum, I now realize, is seeing one of those old engines with the exposed valve train actually running. Very high quality video, too. Thanks for sharing. :clap
  9. marc-s

marc-s photographer

Oddometer:
    you're welcome. posted the following pictures already in another Guzzi thread, but why not repost them here... they're from my 1946 Superalce I'm currently rebuilding... long way to go as I only work on her in the winter months!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. ardbeglily

ardbeglily Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great set of pics. I love those old racing bikes and those three wheelers were fantastic.
  11. PonyExpres

PonyExpres ScratchinMyAss

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting those pictures. Not really a Guzzi guy but on the other hand I like any bike. Looked like an impressive collection with loads of eye candy. Two thmbs way up. :clap
  12. karmatourer

karmatourer STD free

Oddometer:
    The ONLY correct color for ANYTHING Italian.Excellent pics-thanks for sharing.
    Open 3-4pm only-what a shame.:huh