Boise ride this weekend...

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by ryanwilliamcantrell, Oct 17, 2007.

1. EWood

EWood Adventurer

Oddometer:
    County Road 250 is an awesome spot. One of my favorites. I grew up in the area and we spent many days on the North Fork of the Clearwater. One other option if you have time and gas is to continue on 247 where it meets 250. Its good gravel and then turns to pavement, but a great place to ride along the river. Once you cross the bridge at Aquarius you follow Beaver Creek almost all of the way to the old town of Headquarters. Its all paved from the bridge to Headquarters and a really pretty area. Good luck and enjoy your ride. I need to do that ride sometime.
  2. DA KLIXTER

DA KLIXTER old and slow

Oddometer:
    FYI-I rode my F650 over Dollarhide on the 4th.It was in great shape.I think the first ones over went on saturday,the 2nd.
    Yesterday-the 10th-3 of us on 650's were the first over Antelope pass out of Copper Basin.We stomped out a path thru the snow,and manhandled the bikes thru.
    The flowers are out and the ride was EPIC.
    CK
  3. gunmanguns

gunmanguns Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ok i will get a new tube today and try to track down the tire irons i have everything else.i would love to see how you do it with your xr like how you carry it all and what you need to do this in the field. i do allot of owyhee riding and would hate to get stuck out there.i am free all day today tuesday i am free after 2 wed after 7 thuers after 5 fri after 2 i live off of lake lowell in between midland and 12th my number is 9four1two4nine8
  4. ryanwilliamcantrell

ryanwilliamcantrell Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Phil and I wanted to go over Antelope on Friday, but I didn't think we'd get through, and I had no intentions of doubling back, so we skipped it.

I'd like to hit it in August though, as I've never been before.
  5. av_mech

av_mech Risk Taker

Oddometer:
    EWood- We'll have to go riding sometime when I get back and put the orange tiger against the orange gs!
  6. EWood

EWood Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, we will have to do that. I definitely think the Tiger is going to be a little faster from what I have read. I almost put my deposit down on a Tiger last year, then held off due to my job for a while. By the time things had settled down Big Twin dumped Triumph and that kind of changed my mind. Anyway.... look me up when you get back from Colorado.:deal I have read your reports, it would nice to get a chance to meet and ride.

Take Care!

Eric
  7. av_mech

av_mech Risk Taker

Oddometer:
    For sure! That was almost a deal killer for me. I had my deposit down at Big Twin and got the call sayin I couldn't get a bike there. The Triumph dealer here in Denver made some calls and promised there would be a dealer in Boise. Still waiting.... Oh well. It's been perfect for 2000 miles so far. It'll be nice to meet ya when I get home!
  8. av_mech

av_mech Risk Taker

Oddometer:
    New installment from the weeknight rides posted
  9. DA KLIXTER

DA KLIXTER old and slow

Oddometer:
    You would've had to carry your bikes on friday-we barely stomped out a path saturday afternoon.
    We ride this a few times each summer.Our normal route is Trail cr,Copper basin,Antelope,Bear cr summit,Fish cr,Barton rd to Little Wood,Muldoon to Bellevue.We used to rideup Hailey cr to Baugh cr to Cove cr & back home to Triumph-but the landowner has closed the road.
    I'd ride it before the sheep get in there if you want to see and smell the flowers.

CK
  10. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
  11. howardbell

howardbell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks again for all your help so far, but, once again the plan has changed and it looks like I will be attending the V-Strom rally in Boise this weekend afterall. Can I ask you guys what you think about this route for a day loop out of Meridian?

----> http://ridewithgps.com/routes/539342 <-----

I know its a ton of miles for a day loop, 490 to be exact, but I'm only in Boise for a few days and this seems like one hell of a great adventure ride! I'd really have to lay the wood to those sections of slab, but does anyone out think this is at least do-able on big bike in say, 12 hrs?

Thanks again guys
  12. BasqueTreader

BasqueTreader Askatua

Oddometer:
    Hey Sam, a customer of mine ran into you in Cascade he was riding a KLR 650. If I can get my bike running I might head up there this wknd.
  13. EWood

EWood Adventurer

Oddometer:
    May be doable, but man that is a haul... you may be over 12 hours depending on stops. No dilly dallying on this one. Beautiful country though. Good luck and have fun.
  14. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Was this a black KLR and is his name Steve? I meet this guy just south of High Valley.
  15. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    FYI....

Trinity Mountain access road closed
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mountain Home News

The U.S. Forest Service Mountain Home District Ranger has issued an immediate temporary emergency closure to restrict all motorized access to a portion of Forest Road 129, which is the primary route to the Trinity Mountain Recreation Area.
    The section closed is from Milepost 8.4 to 15.7 and includes all spur roads. The closure will minimize road damage and protect other resources due to wet thaw conditions.

Closures of this high elevation road typically end by now, but snow drifts are still blocking the road due to the heavy winter snow pack and cool spring. It is anticipated the closure may remain in place until July 25. Currently, three to four feet of snow remain in some of the campground areas.

"This closure will temporarily delay access into the Trinity Mountain Recreation area, which is a popular high mountain recreational area," said District Ranger Stephaney Church. "The closure extension is needed due to the substantial amount of snow still within the area."

The temporary, emergency restrictions will be enforced by Forest Service law enforcement officers. Primary access routes and area trailheads are signed with a closure order.

"The key ingredient to protect the road is user compliance, and the public's cooperation is appreciated until the snow melts and the road dries," said Church.
  16. idahoskiguy

idahoskiguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Would like ride the Magruder Corridor July 26th, does anybody know if it is open?

Thank you.

:ear
  17. howardbell

howardbell Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thanks! I'd love to spend a week just exploring the Idaho backcountry, sucks I have to cram it all into one day
  18. av_mech

av_mech Risk Taker

Oddometer:
    QUOTE=obrianmcc;16390024]FYI....

Trinity Mountain access road closed
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mountain Home News

The U.S. Forest Service Mountain Home District Ranger has issued an immediate temporary emergency closure to restrict all motorized access to a portion of Forest Road 129, which is the primary route to the Trinity Mountain Recreation Area.
    The section closed is from Milepost 8.4 to 15.7 and includes all spur roads. The closure will minimize road damage and protect other resources due to wet thaw conditions.

Closures of this high elevation road typically end by now, but snow drifts are still blocking the road due to the heavy winter snow pack and cool spring. It is anticipated the closure may remain in place until July 25. Currently, three to four feet of snow remain in some of the campground areas.

"This closure will temporarily delay access into the Trinity Mountain Recreation area, which is a popular high mountain recreational area," said District Ranger Stephaney Church. "The closure extension is needed due to the substantial amount of snow still within the area."

The temporary, emergency restrictions will be enforced by Forest Service law enforcement officers. Primary access routes and area trailheads are signed with a closure order.

"The key ingredient to protect the road is user compliance, and the public's cooperation is appreciated until the snow melts and the road dries," said Church.[/QUOTE]

:eek2
  19. ryanwilliamcantrell

ryanwilliamcantrell Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Nope. Still closed. Most are 'guessing' around the first week in Aug. Still lots of snow on the MT side.
  20. bdefen

bdefen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Boise, Idaho - In the heart of Dual-Sport Paradise
    With all the snow, and a later opening, maybe it won't catch fire this summer/fall.