Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Kathy,

I'm expecting the seat to be dreamy, as I've had a seat concepts product on my WR250X and it was awesome. I will tell you also that I have a Triumph solo seat, and it is MUCH better than the factory Scrambler seat. I'm trying this seat concepts one for two up comfort.

The bag is a Triumph City Bag (left hand) and its made well and looks good for daily light duty. I'm not sure I would have purchased it at the triumph price,mut it came with my bike, and I'm very pleased with it. If I lost it tomorrow I'd likely order another.
  2. Triumphantscrambler

Triumphantscrambler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not a bad idea hahaha!
  3. ksnak

ksnak Duc Gal

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Love the old school look of your bike.

Kathy

4. IRideASlowBike

IRideASlowBike Banned

Oddometer:
    Is it possible to install Bonneville pipes on a Scrambler? Maybe at least Bonneville headers, and mufflers from something else?

I love the Scrambler but the one thing I don't like about it is the high exhaust (yeah, I know that to many this is the defining characteristic). It makes luggage a pain in the ass. There are low pipes available from the aftermarket, but I don't think you can use the Triumph crash guards with them installed.
  5. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I used to feel the same way having owned a carbed Bonnie. Since picking up and working on my '12 efi Bonnie and tuning it with my laptop in 10 minutes, needles and jets can suck it in my book.
  6. triumph_trophy59

triumph_trophy59 n00b

Oddometer:
    i think its great that triumph now has that drip tray attached to the bottom of the frame underneath the motor, nothing worse than those black oil stains i always used to get with my old triumph on the driveway.:wink:
  7. Blumtnman

Blumtnman Rider

Oddometer:
    Yes it is possible to fit Bonneville pipes on a Scrambler, but oh yes theres always a but. You also need to change the rear brake reservoir, also the sidestand from a Thruxton is the only one that works. Hope that helps.
  8. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    Hey Mick how's it going, I got my red Thruxton a week ago last Sat. & a 1000kms ago...love it, the only problem with the Thruxton is the fact I like to ride it more than the Scrambler..but will use the Scram for 2up for sure.

Here is a photo of the pair of twins
    [​IMG]
  9. Blumtnman

Blumtnman Rider

Oddometer:
    Like the plate on the Scrambler, great that you like the Thruxton I loved mine but my left knee didn't.
    So I got another Scrambler very nice it is too, but its a Bonnieised Scrambler. Full road bike it is, Bonnie pipes and road tyres. But a single seat, very comfortable ride it is. Different sound as well, reverse cone Staintune mufflers and it sounds like nothing else.
  10. Triumphantscrambler

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just trying to see how much interest there is towards putting together a small group buy or even single units if you guys maybe interested in that. I know I personally wasnt going to spend 1000+ on a pannier kit for my scram!

my friend and I own a small shop and will be building a few of the kits you see on my bike with both the 20mm ammo cans and the 40mm ammo cans we are trying to keep the price between 400-500 dollars. Also for a very minimal price change we can gladly customize to most any extent, for instance my cage has fuel bottles built in but we can do anything. If your worried about the finish on my rig yours would be much cleaner as my rig is some what of a test mule.

We are also offering painted or unpainted and if there is enough interest possibly a Crome version of the cage the cases hang on.

If your interested in the rig feel free to PM me
  11. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt Riding my blues away

Oddometer:
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. :clap
  12. b0rderman

b0rderman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got a used city bag + rack for sale, PM me for pics if interested.
  13. mint julep

mint julep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Triumphantscrambler, thats a very cool pannier rack. Totally dig it!

Just wondering which points its attached?
    I've got a Hepco Becker tail rack coming and still have stock fender. Will this pannier rack still fit?
    I'd love to go this way and get hard cases, but for me its the budget that holds me back from a kit like this.
    I'm steering more to soft bags and creative packing.
    I'd definitely be interested in one of your kits if it fell into my budget. ;)

thanks.
    Dave
  14. Triumphantscrambler

Oddometer:
    Hey Dave,

The kit on my bike utilizes 4 main mounting points it uses both passenger pegs(mounts behind the frame) and then our two top mounts go to turn signal relocation brackets mounted to the top of the shock mounts. Although the mounts could also be placed behind the upper shock mounts w/o the relocation brackets, it was one of those I had them may as well use them type situations.

The cage could be used to hang soft bags as well I just love the look of the ammo cans. Plus they are sturdy, waterproof, paintable, and lockable.

Our kit can be used with a factory fender although some adjustments would need to be made(at no extra charge)

Like I said earlier we have a test mule bike so we can customize just about anything. Say you wanted to go with pelican cases I would just need the dimensions of the case you would like to use.

Our brackets to mount cases to the cage are simple L type brackets with stainless steel hex head bolts. So we would send you the L brackets pre drilled so you can lay them on your case drill holes and mount.

Finally I feel you on the price of these kits off the shelf which is where we are attempting to cut in on the bigger name companies with a similar product at a fraction of the cost, I also looked into hepco and Becker and felt that their product felt kind of cheap compared to the price they are asking where our kit not only comes with the cage but the cases as well. Our kit is also 2up friendly and we put in handles on the cases to get your passengers hands off your back. Plus if you use pelican cases the carry handles on those make for perfect passenger holds.

Hope this was helpful if you would like to discuss anything further feel free to email me at nickkartes@me.com or pm me on here I will gladly send you some close up pics of parts you may have questions about.

Nick
  15. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    You got any photos of the new Scrambler with the bonnie exhaust, might look at doing something like that to the Scrambler.
    Got a pair of standard Thruxton mufflers, just need a pair of engine pipes. center mounts...what about the master cylinder ?

Got Staintunes on the Thruxton & it sound very nice, so good I took the TOR's off the Scrambler.

RE number plates, I have THRUX1 coming for the red one, so now I have SCRAM1 & THRUX1 !!!!
  16. Cooper-Clubman

Cooper-Clubman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :roflHave been to the Trumpet Treffen in NL last weekend and used the occasion of a performance test:
    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jS1a0fhX6lE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></object>
  17. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    I just bought a Thruxton with Staintune mufflers & they sound great & are legal as well.
    This brings me to another question, I had TORs on my Scranbler which to me are way too loud & in fact after riding the Thruxton & have removed the TORs & fitted the standard mufflers back on.
    Has anyone got the Staintunes on a Scrambler & how do they sound ?
    From memory Davo has them, anyone else ?

Have even thought about putting a TEC low exhaust on, any feedback on the TEC ?

Cheers Terry
  18. SMT925

SMT925 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I saw that some were looking for aftermarket headlights to get more light. What I did is mount two hella module 70 lights where the front turn signals are. These are wide angle flood lights used on mining equipment and work great. They light up the road in front better then the stock high beam and light up the fields to the sides of the road so I could see the deer that hang out there. I work nights and the extra light has been needed.[​IMG]
  19. Ace_Cafe_Rat

Ace_Cafe_Rat "Crazy Old Coot"

Oddometer:
    Undisclosed location in the Nuevo México Desert

I am considering the same sort of purchase. What did you eventually decide? Beta or Mini-Beta?

Ace
  20. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:

That looks great. I just ordered (kinda blindly) a new headlight setup last night, I wish I had seen this first.

But I'm still interested. I tried to search for hella module 70 but came up with options ranging from 27 to 350 dollars. Do you have a specific part number, or a reference to where you ordered them from?

Any more details about how you wired them? Was the wiring and switch pretty simple?

Great looking bike BTW.