The most boring bike you've ever ridden

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by ph0rk, Dec 27, 2012.

1. n8dawg6

n8dawg6 krunkin'

Oddometer:
    honda VLX 600. slow lead slead, too low

the ppl who are saying the XR1200 is the most boring bike they have ever ridden don't get out enough ...
  2. Hank.SD

Hank.SD Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've had a few bikes I didn't like, but never found a motorcycle boring.

Didn't like my TDM, didn't like my dad's Virago 750, nor did I like his 'wing much. But not boring. Didn't like my ZX14R that much, but being bored on it was never an issue.

I've had shit piles of fun on everything from a KE125 I bought for $15 to the 1200 Tiger and KTMs I'm riding now.

A 990 Adventure boring? Wow... I can't imagine.
  3. Donkey Hotey

Donkey Hotey De Jo Momma

Oddometer:
    Yes--of course--because blue-shift affecting your vision and chatting with Albert Einstein just before you reach for the binders would keep it from being an otherwise boring ride. :lol3
  4. Sp4rks

Sp4rks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Road my dad's 883 Iron(converted to a 1200) a while back. Coming off my 125sx, it was heavy, cornered poorly(probably didn't help that I was coming off something that weighed 220lbs wet and had a 37 inch seat height), suspension was terribly stiff(To be fair, it was set up for my dad, who is about 80lbs heavier than me), I hated the noise(personal preference, but still obnoxiously loud), and felt much less powerful than a bike with nearly 10 times the displacement and twice the cylinders of mine should. I knew it was a Harley Davidson, and wasn't expecting a Yamaha R6, but seriously, where did that extra cylinder and 1075cc of engine go?
    Alexander B and =o&o> like this.
  5. jehu

jehu ∩HƏſ Supporter

Oddometer:
    1978 bmw r100s.
  6. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    Yamaha WR250X. Kinda like a mini bike way up in the air.
  7. Ominous

Ominous Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Surprised at how many people are mentioning Bonnevilles and variants
  8. mas335

mas335 xendurist

Oddometer:
    I usually don't bother with such threads but as soon as I saw the title I immediately thought of the Black and Gold Vison that I purchased new. It was the first bike I bought "new" off the dealers floor. I read all the hype, saw tha fancy ads of it snaking through canyon roads but I found it to be a boring heavy slug that wouldn't go where you pointed it and had the heaviest steering of any bike I have ridden but it looked great.

A close second was a rare and very low mileage GB500 Honda that I was about to purchase. Drove 2 hours to see it, brought my trailer and my cash, took a short test ride and told the owner I would have to pass. Very Dull engine and I did not like the way it handled but the GB500 is still one of the best looking bikes ever made.

Maybe it's black bikes that I just don't find interested.
  9. hugemoth

hugemoth Bad Motorscooter

Oddometer:
    I agree with those who say the Goldwing is the most boring motorcycle. It's as close as you can get to driving a Honda Accord but still be on two wheels.
  10. plugeye

plugeye MC rescue

Oddometer:
    just about any boring street bike can be the opposite when taken offroad.
    instant fun
  11. Bainbridge

Bainbridge Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Crushed to see how many riders put the Vstrom 1000. Probably my all time favorite bike. Fully farckled, I had an emotional attachment to that bike that I haven't fully had since - I'm crying a little right now (it's OK for a dude to cry if it's over a motorcycle) I also would challenge the notion that there is such thing as a "boring" motorcycle (kind of like jumbo shrimp if you will) but if pressed, it would be my old SV 1000 in the hard to find sport version. Hard to explain why, but I just couldn't "get off" on it. I have a Triumph Tiger XC currently - not boring.
  12. Bustakneecap

Bustakneecap Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yamaha R6, I had three of them 01,03,05. I put a little over 100,000 miles on each of them commuting in the S.F. Bay area. Great commuter bikes but I actually managed to fall asleep on each of them.
  13. BaldKnob

BaldKnob I Wanna Ride

Oddometer:
    That's racist.
  14. Terrytori

Terrytori Namaste

Oddometer:
    This pretty much reinforces the concept of different strokes.

I've found both the WR250 X and its' short lived Supermoto iteration to be a serious giggle. Light, more than eager and hight quality build.

Great urban scoot and a blast in the dirt.

Buddy of mine pulled a coast to coast on his.
  15. k-moe

k-moe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pretty much just this one. Even when I was small these were boring.

[​IMG]
    matbaugh likes this.
  16. SteelJM1

SteelJM1 Former Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer:
    Ah see, and that's where i'd have to disagree, i love my SV. It started out as an S, but after a few.. uh.. run-in's with the ground, it's a custom :D

I just can't get rid of that bike. The suspension sucks, but I can't get enough of that motor, so I fix the damn thing every time I break it. And spend money upgrading the suspension. At least now with handlebars it will be a much more comfortable bike. Can't take those sport ergo's, I'm not 23 anymore.

If only I could transplant that engine into.. say.. a Z1000 frame.
  17. Vertical C

Vertical C Long timer

Oddometer:
    Try a Sachs Madass for a fun 125ccc.

Split traffic faster than anything I have ridden. And the build quality was so shit that the stand fell off when riding. That is not boring.
  18. SloMo228

SloMo228 World Class Cheapass

Oddometer:
    That's disappointing to hear about the build quality. I like the looks of the thing, I've wanted to give one a try since it came out but I have never actually seen one in person or in any shop I've ever been to.
    Alexander B likes this.
  19. Vertical C

Vertical C Long timer

Oddometer:
    To be fair it was a very early one. It had 12000kms at the time. I probably would still buy another its that fun. Not as my only transport of course
  20. 2MnB

2MnB Missing

Oddometer:
    BMW K75c