Kriega Overlander

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by jimmydeanh, Jan 25, 2012.

1. jimmydeanh

jimmydeanh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Going to Dual-Out my KTM 350 SXF for this year's Montana trip. Been eyeing up Wolfman Rolie Harness system and thinking of that with Kriega strapped to it on the side.
    Wolfman Rolie Harness:
    [​IMG]

But somewhere I read Kriega is making new bags very soon. SO I contacted Kriega USA about new products thru facebook and got this response:

"Soon, Jimmy. Very soon... The 2012 catalogue is on the printing presses right now. Once that's complete we'll be able to release details of the awesome new OVERLANDER framed and frameless soft panier systems, which would be perfect for your bike. Exciting stuff. Can't wait to show y'all!"

Did my best to search the web for any info but nada. Guess I have to wait:cry My guess is it will be like Wolfman's harness system which I found a pic of what I was looking to do from a KTMforumUK I belong to. I'm hoping Kriega's new kit will look like this or very similar:
    [​IMG]
  2. Joe Bar

Joe Bar Middle England

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  3. amanlikemike

amanlikemike Recovering Speedfreak

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Looks like the EICMA / NEC spyshots are out! :rofl

That there is the Overlander 30 (2 x 15L bags) on a Rack Loop frameless fit system. With a rack (soon to be available for the most popular DS bikes), and LDPE quick-release cam lock backing system you can go up to 60L (4 x 15L packs). And then, with a US-30 in the middle, 90L of rock-solid, almost indestructible Enduro spec capacity is possible. Production is scheduled for April and we'll get our first shipment around then.

This is the toughest stuff Kriega has ever made.

Stay tuned for more details as they emerge... :D

Michael
  4. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Hey Jimmy!

Better! (see above) :D
  5. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, but can you use the Kriega bags you already own?
  6. jimmydeanh

jimmydeanh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow that looks Badasss! And to do it with 15s on the side is more then enough. Thanks for sharing this teaser:freaky Can't wait to get my hands on these!
  7. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Indeed you can, Jim. That's the beauty of Kriega - everything works with everything else. Nevertheless, the Overlander bags are purpose-made for this application and are therefore the recommended option. I'm expecting the full tech spec and product induction in a few weeks, so either me or Dom from Kriega UK (the genius who designed, developed and field-tested the Overlander systems) will post full details ASAP.

You'll hear it here first, folks! :D
  8. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Me either! :rofl

Glad you like 'em, Jimmy. 'Badass' is the right word.

And to be fair, Joe Bar's to thank for the teaser - it was he who really let the cat out of the bag with the spyshot! :ear
  9. Joe Bar

Joe Bar Middle England

Oddometer:
    Not really a spy shot when they were on open display at both EICMA and the NEC. :evil That said, it did look a neat system and Dom from Kriega took the time to fully explain it all. The only slight concern I saw was the weight pushing the side panel onto the exhaust as you can see it the photo, from what I've seen of the Wolfman set up, the load may be a little more widely spread via their harness system. Don't think you'd go far wrong with either set up though - both quality manufacturers, with great reputations.
  10. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Indeed they were! :D

Bear in mind that the photo is of a pre-production model, which may not even be fully strapped on. Official images, spec and info will follow from Kriega in the not too distant.
  11. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is it just me that looks at the pic in the lead post, and thinks something naughty?

Ah, I thought so.

Carry on.
  12. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff Man of Mystery

Oddometer:
    At the gothenburg (Sweden) show I picked up a 2012 catalog and saw the some of the new bags. The overlander 60 system looks very promising! I would be very curious to see some pictures of how it looks installed and how easy it is to remove the bags from the LDPE frame. :evil
  13. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Hi SpaceMan,

If you have a copy of the catalogue you have all the images and info that is currently available to me, but I will be getting my first demo system for the Indy Dealer Expo in two weeks time and will be able to post full details after then. But suffice to say, it looks great and it is very slick and easy to unlock the LDPE platforms from the racks and the bags from the platforms.

Cheers!

Michael
  14. Joe Bar

Joe Bar Middle England

Oddometer:
    These might make it a bit clearer. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. amanlikemike

Oddometer:

:lol3
  16. Ceri JC

Ceri JC UK GSer

Oddometer:
    Sweeeet; I cannot wait. My setup will be 30L on the rear seat, 20s on either side (my F8 already has a fat enough ass without 30s on it :rofl) and a 10 on the rear rack; 80L of luggage, which is enough for me to live off the bike indefinitely. Up until now, Kriega had been my choice for shorter, more lightweight trips, 50 or 60L.

Now it looks like "bye bye hard panniers" for everything but business trips! :freaky

Anyone tempted to try Kriega because of this, do it. Everything they do is quite simply one of the highest build quality products I have ever seen, anywhere, much less in the motorcycle world. It is so functional, so versatile and so utterly, utterly reliable that I have absolutely zero interest in even looking at any other brand any more.
  17. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Yeah. What he said! :clap
  18. Mav

Mav Something witty...

Oddometer:
    Anymore details yet?
  19. Dream Rider

Dream Rider Watchman

Oddometer:
    I'm sold: with the tent in a helen-two-wheels on the pillion and the kreigas on the tail I should be able to last two months easy. Thanks everyone for your advice. Just put a new set of tires on and a throttle lock to help the arthritis in the hands. Just waiting for the snow to get out of the passes around here. That damn bike doesn't ride worth a crap horizontally. My bad.
  20. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Hi Mav,

We've got some photos from the Indy Expo over on the Kriega USA Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.333628693347809.75758.200606876649992&type=1&l=c0d95fc51e

Let me know if you're not into Facebookery, and I'll upload and embed them here.

I had my product induction last week and can say that the Overlander system is utterly brilliant. However, it is pretty technical and we know ADV'ers require the fullest information possible. So, Dom (who designed it all) is currently putting something appropriate together, which will be posted up in Vendors in the not too distant.

You'll hear it here first folks!

All the best,

Michael