..Poland to Mongolia and back on XT600

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by yeuop, Aug 31, 2010.

1. slide

slide A nation with a future

Oddometer:
    Got so far and will read on, but I have to question your brains for leaving Olga to visit Mongolia. I would have said I have seen Olga and that's enough. I'm staying here.
  2. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    osz kurcze, mega sprawa taki wypad!!
    oprocz motocykli jestem zapalonym rowerzysta, od kilku lat mi chodzi po glowie pomysl wyskoczenia gdzies rowerem wlasnie...... a przypadkiem Islandie tez mam na celowniku ;) chyba cie bede musial wypytac o szczegoly..
    gratuluje wypadu!!:clap
  3. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I will visit you then next time I will go to Africa :rofl
  4. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

So at night I finally got to Irkutsk. Passing such big city at night is pretty cool, there is no traffic.
    [​IMG]

Suddenly it starts raining like shit. I went to KAFE and asked the guy to let me stay here until 6AM and sleep on the table. He said "ok". He woke me up in some maybe 2 or 3 hours. I thought - WTF? I forgot that in Russia there is different time than was in Mongolia. So I had one hour less of sleep than I expected. What a sulfur. :huh

There was still heavy rain so I stopped in next KAFE to have a lunch. It was 7 AM. I met there one lady who asked me to translate her something into english. She said she could hear David Copperfield's voice and she needs to contact him via US police :eek1 WOW!!
    [​IMG]
  5. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

It is still raining and it seems it won't stop. Everything is wet and there is no point in spending a time in a KAFE because sitting in wet clothes sucks. So I started putting many strange things under my trousers and t-shirt just not to be wet. Lot of sulfur.
    After all I found a hotel for 600 rubels. Damn! And I thought I wouldn't use any hotels during this trip. I suck at life. Next day I woke ap at about 3 PM and thought there was no other choice than to stay here one more night and dry my clothes.

So next day was a beautiful start. Very good weather. It is always fun to watch these trains!! :clap If they ride slowly, you have pretty long break.
    [​IMG]

Strange thing was that I have received milons of SMS that in Russia there is a big fire and to watch out. I don't know. All I can see is connected with water. This slough was pretty often along the main road.

[​IMG]
  6. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Beginning of that day was nice. Pretty soon the weather was totally screwed and it again rains like shit. I made 2/3 of that bad road to Kansk. And now it seemed to be no problem. Suddenly I ran out of fuel. Sulfur. Luckily I had some spare fuel with me.
    [​IMG]

And as usually I slept in the KAFE on the table. I suck at life.
    [​IMG]

At 6 AM they want me to leave. Ok. First kilometres it's not raining but pretty soon it starts again. Fock.
  7. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I went to Krasnoyarsk city in order to exchange some money. I found a bank. It's 5:10 PM. Guess at what time they close. Yes.
    (then it turned out today is sunday.. eh..)
    I found two shops with mobile phones and stuff. I want to tell my family and my friends that surprisingly I am still alive. I wanted to buy a charger but probably some f**king idiot used bad charger and now my mobile phone is absolutely dead. I will not try to get charger to my camera in Russia.

This is the only gas station I met where you have to tell them at first how many litres of gas you want, then you pay and you receive it. No possibility of "full tank please".
    [​IMG]
  8. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Did I tell you I am an anarchist?
    [​IMG]

I am wicked, I eat small dogs and I am a drummer in punk band called NecroCannibalistic Vomitarium. :lol3
    And I am from Poland.
  9. Grouik

Grouik Bike & Beer

Oddometer:
    I like your Story guy, keep going !!!
  10. mondokat

mondokat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    BEST BAND NAME EVAR!!! :rilla
  11. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

It stops raining after Leaving Krasnoyarsk. There is even some sun. I slept by the same KAFE where I slept some weeks ago. Nights are very cold. You wake up couple of times in the middle of the night.
    During the day it's not that cold. I'm only missing my rain gloves. In Achinsk I took wrong road (to Abakan) and realised it after 100km. I am an idiot. :huh
    So went back to Achinsk and took correct road this time to Novosybirsk.

I decided not to go sleep until I make at least 500km every day. A bit too cold here when you do not have your warm clothes.

I met a guy on Kawa ZZR 400. His gear box just broke. Damn. What would I do in situation like this?

After the sun goes down it becomes cold very rapidly. Mosquitos are also a big pleasure.

At one gas station one guy told me that some time ago here were two people from UK on biiiig motorcycles going to Mongolia. Wonder who that was ;)

The road is boring like hell, lot of rain, usually quite cold and I am not taking too many pictures because I have no possibility of charging my camera. And I also have a feeling that maybe I should avoid doing pictures of nothing, maybe there will happen something with a lot of sulfur ;)

So after many boring days I finally passed the Ural mountains. Now it did not impress me that much though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Good night. (actually this is good morning)
    [​IMG]

KAFE sputnik.
    [​IMG]

13. Grouik

Grouik Bike & Beer

Oddometer:
    I have been in Achinsk in December last year, It was damn cold !!!:huh
  14. GI_JO_NATHAN

GI_JO_NATHAN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great job. Ride safe.
  15. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Again after some thousands km I needed to add some oil. My oil I carried with me was stolen in Ulaan Baatar so I bought this one. It's Volga oil. :)
    [​IMG]

..AND THEN THE BIG SULFUR CAME!!
    This will be a riddle for you. Can anyone guess what happenned to my poor carimate?
    [​IMG]
  16. oisterska

oisterska d00b

Oddometer:
    You, my friend, have my deepest respect. I would be surprised to not see some sulphur turning up in other peoples reports very soon. The sulfur bit grew on me such that, on page 6 or 7, I was laughing out loud every time I saw it! If I am ever documenting a sulphur-worthy ride, I will think of you.

My guess: the carimate was dragged down the road between your rear tire and your swingarm, catching on fire in the process.

Please, continue.
  17. GI_JO_NATHAN

GI_JO_NATHAN Long timer

Oddometer:
    lol I don't think any of your trips would be complete without trashing one of those. lol
  18. dreamtour

dreamtour Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great RR, what a sulfur.....:rofl
  19. blackcaps

blackcaps Do it alone

Oddometer:
    That looks very bad oil. Not having the quality your Yamaha needs. Better buy new one. There are many petrolstations along the road who have motul or castrol... well the more you go to the west..
  20. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

So here is the answer:
    one of these rubbers (I use them to keep my luggage together) broke, my carimate was dragged in the chain. You would NEVER believe how strange sound it made!!!!
    [​IMG]

It's all his fault!!!! Thanks to you now people will tell me I make so much sulfur!!!!
    [​IMG]