RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Jan 21, 2009.

1. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    Hi Curve,

Go with the SAS-TEC Back Armor. It is meant to fit that Jacket and it is a dramatically better back protection option.

Truthfully a lot of Dainese is not available here only for logistical reasons though. We actually have the ability to get any piece from their entire catalog it just depends on being willing to wait for some of the more obscure pieces.

I don't think I have seen many leathers that were sexier than those of Dainese.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the Navigator. Its a great jacket, offers much of the same elements at the Cayenne Pro, but has an obviously different style with a slightly more forgiving fit.

Let me know.

Anthony

2. NoBrainSurgn

NoBrainSurgn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thanks for your reply about the armor for the Ignition and Off track. Will be ordering to try to trim it down.
  3. ovenking

ovenking Unfloppable

Oddometer:
    Thanks Anthony! I gave Aaron at Rev'It a call and the zipper connector is on its way! :clap
  4. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Nice. I knew they wouldn't let you down. ;-)

Anthony

5. Diver

Diver Professional Lurker

Oddometer:
    Anthony - a further question on back protectors: I have the original Cayenne jacket - would the SAS-Tec or the Knox TP2 be the better solution? The SAS-Tec appears to require a great deal of cutting to allow it to fit - particularly in length.

Also, just ordered a pair of Air Blend boots and Airvolution gloves from RevZilla for summer commuting - will report back on performance. Standard shipping is getting them to me in 1 day! Love you guys!
  6. KullZilla

KullZilla Work Hard, Play Harder

Oddometer:
    The long awaited Jerez Race Gloves are now in-stock

These things are sexy, oozing with protection.

We snapped some shots which we threw on our flickr (click image):

[​IMG]

I picked up a pair for myself, now I just need to get on the damn track!

We also got a shipment of Nexx Helmets in and started a separate thread for discussion

Matt
  7. ovenking

ovenking Unfloppable

Oddometer:
    So now that temps in Toronto are starting to make their way to the 30s (that's about 90+ for you Yanks :D ) I'm finding the Factor pants to be a bit, erm, sweaty, in commuter traffic.

I'm considering the Rotors as a low cost and much safer alternative to wearing shorts and flip flops, but reviews of it are quite scant.

Have you guys tried it much in real world situations and how are they performing? In terms of fit are they similar to the Factors or a bit more relaxed?

I would also consider the Mistrals, but there isn't a short version of the Euro size I would take (46), and I'm worried the length would be a bit too long (I'm wearing the S Short in the Factor). Is the 46 Mistral quite comparable to the S Short Factor or is the length noticeably longer?

Thanks for the help!
  8. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Ok,

Thanks for checking in.

The Factors will definitely overheat you if you are commuting in them in 90 deg weather. Flops and shorts is a scary thought in traffic. :-/

From what we have seen so far the REV'IT! Rotor's have performed very well, basically on par with the REV'IT! Air Jacket. I think they are a bargain at that price as well. REV'IT! really puts a great deal of thought in the design of their gear.

The difference in length between a unisex S short and a 46 is about 2 full inches. The cut of the pants will be similar across the three styles mentioned (Factor, Rotor and Mistral) Think about where the Factor sits on you and you should be able to determine if the extra two inches will work for the Mistral.

I am sure you know, but the big difference between the Rotor and the Mistral is the detachable water / wind proof liner. The Rotor is a basic mesh / textile pant meant to be highly breathable and protective without being weatherproof.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ring us up if you would like to speak further.

Anthony

9. ovenking

ovenking Unfloppable

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the quick response, Anthony!

Just one more question though before I make a decision...

Which pant does a better job of venting, the Rotor or Mistral? Or do both of them pretty much have the same area of mesh coverage? I took a look at the photos I could find of both, but it's not always easy to tell.

OK, one FINAL question...
    In your opinion are there any other mesh pants out there I should also consider without blowing the bank? I'm all ears! :ear
  10. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi OK,

They should both perform on the same level from a ventilation perspective. The Rotor's have a slightly broader gauge of mesh and will flow slightly more direct air.

The only pant in this hot weather mix we have not hit on is the REV'IT! Turbine. The Turbine is actually about ~30% more expensive than the Mistrals at $329. Its really meant to be the pinnacle of breathability and protection. The Textile areas and armor are beefed up. The pants use CE2 rated Pro Life armor vs CE1 Knox and the Turbines have SuperFabric panels on the knees for maximum abrasion resistance on high-impact areas.

If you an absolute nut about having the most protective pant on the market for the warm months - this is your guy. If you think you need solid protection but don't need the extra bells and whistles the Mistrals and Rotors both provide a great medium priced alternative.

We have some additional pictures of both the Rotor Pants and the Turbine Pants. Click either gallery to see the pics.

Rotor & Air Gallery

[​IMG]

Turbine Gallery

[​IMG]

Let me know what you think!

Anthony

11. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    We just shot a bunch of HI-Res shots of the 2009 REV'IT! TT race suit. We're impressed. For those of you who, like us, cross over into the track world as well - here is some eye candy on a Friday afternoon.

For the Record the Suit is the Candy - not Matt. :rofl

See the Full REV'IT! TT Race Suit Gallery Here

[​IMG]

Two wheels down!

Anthony
  12. Curvesurfer

Curvesurfer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got my Navigator jacket from Revzilla a few weeks ago. It's the closest thing I've found to the perfect sporty-touring jacket! I tried on a LOT of jackets from every major manufacturer. Only Rev'it gets it right.

Great protection in shoulders and elbows, real armor in a touring jacket. Stock back protector is shameful. The SAS-TEC upgrade is much more in line with the quality of the garment.

Cinch-up straps on arms are useful to give a good fit with various underlayers. Big front pockets have velcro AND zippers. Main zipper is protected from wind with velcro closure, no snaps! I hate snaps on moto-gear.

Not sure if the "upper" outside pockets are really pockets or vents, but they have enough room inside to stash my registration and garage door opener.

Jacket has some real shape, not a big puffy blob like some of the competition.

Could use a little more contrasting colors, but that's a minor thing.

I ditched the liners immediately as I have my own jackets (heated and not) to wear underneath. Wish the liners were sold separately so one could opt-out. Who has time when pulling out the liner on the side of the road to deal with the little snaps and zippers that hold these things in? And when it rains or gets cold, I want to put something OVER my jacket, not take it off to put in the waterproof or windproof liner(s).

I hope the velcro last longer than the stuff on my SOs Angel jacket. It doesn't seem as heavy-duty as the velcro on a Tourmaster, for example.

In any case, this jacket gets very high marks for function, style, protection, and quality. I highly recommend it.
  13. Madurbu

Madurbu Taxpayer

Oddometer:
    I wear a 50 Regular suit and I am looking for a summer jacket. Which models will fit a big guy like me?

========================================

I called today and Nick was a great help with my order.

Thanks,
    Mark
  14. Havoc

Havoc Out

Oddometer:
    I just wanted to say thank you to Matt & Patrick for helping me out over the 4th weekend. You went far and beyond my expectations with customer service, answering all my questions, directing me to the right gear and showing patience with my decision making. I appreciate the encouragement toward my upcoming trip and the knowledge passed down to me on what to look for and expect in trying to make it happen.

Next time i am in Philly, I'll make sure to ask before going on a cheese steak hunt and also try to get there early enough in order to try the cannoli's from Sarcone's.

Thanks,

Chris
  15. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Mark,

Sorry for the lag here. Your post got lost in the holiday shuffle.

Did you get what you needed over the phone or do you still have sizing and model questions about any of the REV'IT! lineup.

Let me know.

Anthony

16. GS N RVN

GS N RVN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My REV'IT Cayenne Pro and Turbine pants are by far the best investment I have made in riding clothes. No regrets in getting rid of my Olympia jackets and pants. Cayenne Pro is performing well in the summer heat, although I have not been in temps above 80. Fit and comfort is great. Great job on the sizing and customer experience Revzilla. :clap
  17. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey GS,

Glad to hear we covered the bases for you and that your gear lived up to the hype. Let us know what else we could offer, if anything.

All the best,

Anthony

18. spawnx66

spawnx66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anthony,

I'm Canadian and went to your site to place an order to a US address (travel to states often) but it will not let me because my billing address is not in the US. Can I call in the order?
  19. KullZilla

KullZilla Work Hard, Play Harder

Oddometer:
    You can absolutely call in your order (877-792-9455 or 215.334.5607) or you can place your order online using our Google Checkout method of payment.

Google Checkout will let you use an International billing address with a US shipping address. To do this, add the items you wish to purchase to your shopping cart, and then use the "Google Checkout" button on the bottom left hand side of the page at http://www.revzilla.com/my-cart

Let us know if you have any problems

Matt

20. GS N RVN

GS N RVN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just keep doing what you guys are doing. Great customer experience and service. Most shops don't know what they sell and how to fit a customer.