XRL owners sign in.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by onaXR, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:
    ims!!
  2. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
  3. RZRob

RZRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    They say 'never meet your idols' and that's sort of how I felt riding to XRs Only the other day. It's less than an hour away from my house and I've ordered plenty things from them, but thought I'd take a road trip to get the few things I needed.

As you can see it's rather nondescript, and inside is much the same, but whatever I asked for (XR-related of course), they confidently grabbed off the shelf. And the prices were very fair. I really like these guys and believe in supporting them because they support our cause.

The ride from OC is fun if you take back roads via 138.

RZ Rob

[​IMG]
  4. ThumpnRed

ThumpnRed Pig Wrangler

Oddometer:
    Wow! Their website is bigger than their building.
  5. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    I figured they`d have a big ol sign..with 1/2 the paint missing........and a clapped out XR600R strapped down on the roof top all faded and rusty and shit......what a let down........:lol3

:D

B
  6. Walterxr650l

Walterxr650l Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess I should get off my duff and upload the pictures I took over labor day weekend.

I was riding up I-5 looking at the full moon and thinking "I bet that would look cool over Crater Lake". So the Next Day I rode down to see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Walter
  7. ThumpnRed

ThumpnRed Pig Wrangler

Oddometer:
    Wow! Awesome pics!
  8. HeadTrauma

HeadTrauma ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oddometer:
    +1.

If you like riding on southern California's very own "blood alley." :lol3

Maybe they don't want to be found by anyone still waiting to get their temperature dipsticks. :rofl
  9. pngaudioguy

pngaudioguy Just...one...more...

Oddometer:
    Totally off topic, and I assume most of you have heard about this already, but just in case - here's something pretty cool that happened today:
    [​IMG]

Check out redbullstratos.com for more about the jump. I can't seem to find a link to the freefall video anywhere, but it was pretty freaking impressive!
  10. Spike Paddy

Spike Paddy Space Cowboy

Oddometer:
    I saw that live from the site, totally awesome. I loved his quotes..."I'm really high up" and "I'm hauling ass"
  11. KyoXR

KyoXR Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer:
    I'm waiting to see the video...
  12. scotty69

scotty69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Video Please :clap:clap
  13. scotty69

Oddometer:
    I had a great ride in the Ozark Mountains today!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I love the new sprocket ratio: 14/48.
  14. scotty69

Oddometer:
  15. Rider11x

Rider11x Resident Hillbilly

Oddometer:
    After ripping around play riding on my XRL, I stop and see gas running out of the drain hose that comes out of the bottom of the carb bowl.

i assume that the floats are stuck and overfilling the bowl and this is the overflow drain. Correct? If so, why would they suddenly stick? Any ideas?:huh
  16. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:
    Valves came in. get to lap them tomorrow. though i noticed the new ones i ordered (listing was for an XR600R but they share the same part number as an XR650L) have a diff shape to them. they are the same size, diameter etc but my concern is the recessed dome at the bottom.

the stock valves have a wider dome at the bottom. these new ones are mostly flat with a small dome in the center. will this be a problem? will I lose compression? gain it? actually my main concern is will this modify the squish bands negatively and cause the motor to be less efficient. :ear

[​IMG]

stock valve is obviously the one on the right.

Edit: they may look like diff sizes in the pic, but they are both the same size. these are the intake valves.
  17. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:
    give the carb bowl a good tap with a rock or stick (ideally, a hammer if you have one on you while riding) to help unstick the float needle valve. it could just be dirty and need to be cleaned.
  18. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:
    sorry for posting this question twice but i want this to be at the top of the new page so everyone can see it easier.

Valves came in. get to lap them tomorrow. though i noticed the new ones i ordered (listing was for an XR600R but they share the same part number as an XR650L) have a diff shape to them. they are the same size, diameter etc but my concern is the recessed dome at the bottom.

the stock valves have a wider dome at the bottom. these new ones are mostly flat with a small dome in the center. will this be a problem? will I lose compression? gain it? actually my main concern is will this modify the squish bands negatively and cause the motor to be less efficient. :ear

[​IMG]

Valves although look like diff sizes in picture, are identical in diameter / circumference. both are intake valves with the one on the right being the stock intake valve.
  19. super samurai

super samurai Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    if you have an aftermarket tank check the check ball in the cap.
    mine did this a few weeks ago and my little ball in my aftermarket cap was plugged and my tank hard as a rock forcing fuel past the float. just a possibility
  20. super samurai

super samurai Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    this is why i bought the cyclops enduro light, i hated my stock light set up, it was always too high or too low and always got knocked out of sorts!