Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am after a enduro type tyre, not too expensive. Any here testet metzler karoo or mitas, with 150-70/17 rear?
    Or any other options?
  2. gk ryder

gk ryder is this thing on?

Oddometer:
    Hi,

I had a Karoo and was happy with it, but my favourite combo is Metzler Sahara 3 on rear with Tourance on front.
    After owning a BMW xchallenge , I thought I would try that rear for little mor drive in dirt but keeping the Tourance for a non sliding front on sealed.
  3. kiwicaveman

kiwicaveman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've used the Mitas e07 front and rear found they were good on the bitumen and alright on loose dry dirt roads, thy didn;t like mud or sand.Te Mitas e09 dakar rear is good in all areas and wears well average of 5-7000 kms, currently running Dunlop 606 rear and 21inch front Karoo seems to be a good comprimise between dirt and road
  4. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Or godt nytt aar as we say in Norway. Just some hours left off 2012 but I manage one last mod this year.

Spare tank, red and black

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Maxacceleration

Maxacceleration Off the grid

Oddometer:
    Nice henry.
    The many personalities of the Scrambler. :thumb
  6. none

none Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "Or godt nytt aar as we say in Norway. Just some hours left off 2012 but I manage one last mod this year."

Det er veldig godt! That's the best I could do.
  7. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm gonna unload my solo seat with rack and custom cover soon. Will post tomorrow in the flea market, shoot me a PM if anyone's in the market.
  8. Jim_C

Jim_C Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What would be the current selection for rear shocks. I have searched and read this thread a couple of times.
    I just like to double check.
    90 percent street use. Occasional 2 up. How are the Progressive brand that I see on ebay?

Also rear luggage rack. Looks like Ventura is good, the Renntek is UK only ?
  9. Bikebits

Bikebits Scramblin' man

Oddometer:
    Shocks: Can't speak for Progressives, but Ikons work well and are very good value for the money.

Renntec racks are super sturdy, look right on the Triumph twins and are available from a few US suppliers.
  10. Graniteone

Graniteone 3,2,1...Beer me! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, I am headed down the road of modding my Scrambler. I got a really sweet deal on a 07 Scrambler about a month or so ago. Bike is in good shape and looks mostly new but has high miles. First thing on my list was to replace the leaking cam cover gasket. Done, easy peasy.

Now I am in the middle of adding double front headlights I picked up from Aztec8.com. I went with the black 5 3/4. This is a bit more involved. If anyone decides to do this hit me up and I'll give you the heads up on the wiring. It looks complicated but in fact it is pretty easy.

The pain in the ass in all this is relocating all the wiring stuffed in the stock headlight housing and relocating the ignition.

I hope to have this buttoned up on Saturday. Here are a few pics of where I am at. Notice a rodent must have taken up residents inside the stock headlamp. Lots wires to be soldered and wrapped. Fun!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Graniteone, I'm excited to see the dual headlight set up.

When I mounted my mini head light I had to find a place for the nest of wires in the bucket. Took some patience but I managed to route them all under the left and right side of the tank.

Good luck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. kiwicaveman

kiwicaveman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got Gazi 380s fully adjustable compression and rebound thread ajustable preload rebiuldable work realy well on my scrambler, $800 fitted been giving them a hard time for 2 years
  13. Maxacceleration

Maxacceleration Off the grid

Oddometer:
    Ikon, Progressive, Works, Ohlins, YSS, Ricor(?), etc. Many shock choices Jim.
    Some may be more of a euro or down under choice (availability). Do your homework and study! Emails, phone calls...
    What one guy likes, another dislikes, like the never ending oil debate...
    The Gazi's look pretty cool.
    My thought is, if you buy cheap shocks will somebody rebuild them if you don't like them? Some have said YSS ae stiff shocks vs plush.
    Gotta study!

I have YSS on a old Honda, Progressives on an old Yamaha RD and Works on my Scrambler.
    Most don't go Works because they're spendy. They all hold the bike up. :D
  14. Graniteone

Oddometer:
    Got some time this evening to button everything up. I think it looks pretty good and went rather smoothly aside from all the fucking wiring being a pain in the asrse. Way too much bs wiring on that loom. I attached the ignition switch to the side of the headlight bracket with a small L shaped bracket and now it is top facing.

The lights are way brighter than stock but I ll need to do some evening rides to see what the deal really is with these, my gut tells me they are going to work great.

Next up is new bars, mirrors and Pivot Pegz. Shocks are going to wait till summer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. BlueBlazerIrregular

BlueBlazerIrregular Bike Punk

Oddometer:
    I HOPE that some team at Triumph sees how good this looks, this SHOULD be an option! Looks GREAT and USEFUL!
  16. satcen

satcen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well to B honest I do not fancy the double vision (although I understand the reason why) but whats makes me really excited is your garage! Scram, GS 800, GS 1200, KTM ... Bf-109, gliders, acrobats :clap Do you fly RC planes? In that case I can explain how to transport 95 inch glider to the airport on Triumph Scrambler .... :evil
  17. Graniteone

Oddometer:
    I think the double light set up looks great. Big pat on my back.:lol3.

Yup, lots of slope gliders from 3m carbon sweetness to combat wings and a good variety in between. I tend to do everything to excess when it comes to my hobbies.
  18. Jim_C

Jim_C Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dual lights looks good. I added dual lights today.
    The lights will be parked next to the scrambler.[​IMG]
  19. B02S4

B02S4 Aye

Oddometer:
    Me two. :thumb:thumb
  20. htono

htono n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi,

I recently purchased a 2013 jet black scrammie and right off the showroom it often just dies. It seems to get starved for gas. Took it back to the dealer but they couldn't find any fault. I'm in Colombia, so mechanic options are few and far between.
    Any ideas/suggestions?
    So far I've fitted and airbox removal kit with pod filters, a TTP remap with map 4, eliminated the AI and O2 sensors, installed an Arrow 2-1, replaced the headlight with an EMGO housing, a 7" Hella light unit and PIAA extreme white bulbs all wired up with Eastern Beaver relays, replaced the handlebar with the Hammarhead MX offering, took apart the central wire loom and rebuilt the entire thing to eliminate many feet of redundant/unnecessary cables and connectors, relocated the regulator to under the seat, the horn to under the gas tank, replaced turn signals by Oberlon LEDs, relocated ignition.
    I have on order Andreani cartridges, Ohlins 538 shocks, Joker bar end mirrors.
    Oh, and I completely de-badged the bike. I hate the glued-on plastic badges made to resemble the oldies so they went into the trash can. Also had the side covers resprayed all black with no graphics.
    Next up will be a caliper relocation job and Alpina wheels with wider rims and Twinduro TKC tires.
    Can't post pics today of the job so far, but will try tomorrow when I'm back in Bogota with enough bandwidth.
    Thanks for comments on the gas issue.