World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    is there any instance where damage is indicated but not credited? Seems to me I have seen several times numbers pop up on enemy tanks colored like I did the damage, then nothing at the end of the battle.
  2. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure if it was XVM (probably was) or some other add-on, but I think the damage I did used to pop up above the tank as a different color (like yellow or green numbers rising above the damaged tank vs. red numbers).

It's very common to be hitting a tank at the same time a teammate is hitting them, so... my guess is that that;s what you were seeing. There used to be an instance of damaging an enemy tank after a battle was won (by one side or another) where I could get damage numbers to pop up right before the battle ended (tanks stopped moving), and then wasn't credited, but that was a long time ago and from what I've seen they've remedied that. I now get credited for extremely late damage that I've seen.
  3. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just started playing the Cromwell the other day....that I think is the best tank in its tier....good armor, speed, good gun. I think the M7 is pretty darn good as well.

It is looking like the new stuff is just a tad better over the older tanks in the game.....not saying the old tanks are not playable, just that the new additions seem a bit better....a bit more fun.

Thoughts.
  4. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I can unlock the Cromwell from my tier 5 light Crusader or whatever the heck it is. I've seen the Cromwells do good in battles, but I'm loathe to get a higher tier tank thinking it's going to be more fun to play only to be disappointed at the money spend on ammo and repairs.

How is it compared to the E8? I see the gun has more pen and damage, but about the same as the 7.5cm German gun.

I had a battle in the Patton (usually I have to play 4 battles to get one win) where I won first time out and made almost 600 silver!
  5. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
  6. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Wow.
    I had a round yesterday where a side had ONE more Tier 9...

So who won? :rofl
  7. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    Well, that sucks.
  8. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:

:freaky:lol3

I am thinking I will keep a tier 2 in my garage mostly because of that game! That was so much fun we should do it more often.
  9. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    I'm going to setup game recording because of that crash... kicking myself for not getting that one recorded :D
  10. Dismount

Dismount Dagnabit billy

Oddometer:
    i just caught an arty.

He was close to the edge of a dock.

He had an unexpected swim thanks to some opportune pushing. :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3
  11. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Do you get points for that? :lol3

I was in my ELC AMX on Port Map one time. The match started (we were on south side) and I ran toward the east.. went around the corner at speed.. into a mad power slide.. and SPLOOSH.. drowned my sorry arse.

I was first guy out... 10 seconds into the round when nobody had even fired a shot yet. :patch :rofl
  12. Dismount

Dismount Dagnabit billy

Oddometer:
    Only the ones that made me laugh my ass off.

Totally worth no points though. freaking hilarious. I bet that guy won't Ever lurk that close to the edge again.
  13. OConnor

OConnor Bad Juju

Oddometer:
    Cromwell is fun when fully kitted. Throws a lot of lead downrange and has the speed to get away. I like it.
  14. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like it over the E8....but then I am one of those guys that like the E2 over the E8. I have an E2 in my keep pile and do like it quite a bit, but I have let some things sit while I try new stuff.....but I am really liking the Cromwell....the higher british tanks above the Black prince seem to have pretty soft armor....don't know yet....I will likely work to them.

I do know what you mean....so far I am having real problems with the T44....man I just can't get that thing down....I still have the stock gun...perhaps it will get better.

I think that I would be safe to say I would bet you would like the cromwell....accurate, fast and armor, but you do have to get it loaded out like others have said.

With the special I just started down the french TD line...up to that open top thing....not sure. I do have the prem tier III french TD and I do like it...park it and just wait for kills....just try new stuff during the specials.

I like that they told us what was coming up to the middle of jan. Hope they keep doing that....I am saving for the T29 and the KV3.....I have my M6 maxed out with a good crew....and I do seem to rule in that tank....hope I like the 29 as well.

15. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    sure pisses me off when people platoon together a tier 2 and tier 8 when the lowest tier on the other team is tier 5. that's horse shit
  16. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    Until you shoot, and team-kill, that tier 1 or 2 that tagged along, you aren't really pissed enough.

:evil

More TK's and screenshots of said TK's, please; the dark side of the force beckons you.
  17. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Even posthumously Smithy's TOG is helpful :freaky

[​IMG]
  18. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Sam being called "Honey Bunny" :knary

[​IMG]
  19. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    I hope the attacking team brought lots of ammo?

(not enough.. we won :D )

[​IMG]
  20. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    t50-2 beat everyone else to it.