Rockies regional randomness

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Geek, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Cowboy

Cowboy Ceteris non Paribus

Oddometer:
    Odd. My wife is as small as Tami, and she doesn't have any trouble operating them. :dunno

I wear a helmet for all kinds of outdoor activities involving wind and snow and cold. It's amazing how long you can work outside when you prevent the loss of heat through your head! :nod
  2. Brian-M

Brian-M Melting in GA

Oddometer:
    Whee... my furnace is out of order (bad ignitor). Thank doG for electric mattress pads... :lol3 Otherwise I'd be :vardy overnight.
  3. Hayduke

Hayduke ///SAFETY THIRD/// Supporter

Oddometer:

:dunno It wouldn't work... I had no problems.

Probably for the best. :lol3
  4. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:

You can probably get an igniter for 50 bucks or less and install it yourself. You can also start the furnace manually with a BBQ lighter. Don't recommend it..but it can be done.

Whatever you do-ask for the price before some small time scamming POS furnace repair shop (Parker HVAC) rips you off for 300 bucks.
  5. Brian-M

Brian-M Melting in GA

Oddometer:
    Yup, part is out, I know that online + shipping is ~$30 and I've manually started it w/ a BBQ lighter twice now. Just waiting for 7:30 when most shops open since I couldn't find one at Home Depot, Lowes or Ace. Nice to know that when the temps drop into the teens overnight, my house is insulated well enough to lose only 9 degrees through the night. I had one house that would drop more than 10 degrees overnight with the heat working :huh

I was dreading some shop quoting me something like $100 and the subsequent laughing at them, but $300 is :loco

8:50 edit ~ Yeahhhh! I have a furnace that works like it's supposed to again. $50 locally (I got 3 quotes, 2 from general HVAC repair shops, one from a Rheem shop) and learned these things have a 5 year expected life span. I'll order my "spare" from online for half the price. What happened to pilot-lights?
  6. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Sometimes you just have to throw shit away. Ben, entropy is a cold bitch. It may not be worth the heartbeats to forestall the inevitable. OTOH, if all your bikes are running like clockwork, you've run out of home improvement projects, and you are annoying the shit out of everyone around you because you need something to keep you busy for the winter, go for it.
  7. ColoradoKevin

ColoradoKevin Colorado Scrambler

Oddometer:
    I also have a Mr Buddy Heater and have never had any issues with mine working at high altitudes. I use it in my four-person, four-season tent during cold weather camping trips. It sits in one vestibule and will heat the entire tent in just a few minutes, usually to the point of having to open up the other vestibule to regulate the heat. I do turn it off at night.

Mine's even been submerged while trying to heat up an outboard motor while duck hunting. It dried out for a couple of hours, then fired right back up and I haven't had a problem with it since. I'm a guy that breaks things, so I like toys that can stand up to that kind of abuse.
  8. Milhaus

Milhaus Made in Denmark

Oddometer:
    :poser:poser
  9. Bonnie Abbzug

Bonnie Abbzug Property of Hayduke

Oddometer:
    NO! :bluduh The meanie!

:lol3
  10. bmon

bmon Go Thattaway

Oddometer:
    <IFRAME height=300 src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/16878205" frameBorder=0 width=400></IFRAME>

Brick in the Dirt BMW K75

Quality degraded, video was corrupted & audio lost after a minor spill. Was able to recover the video portion after jumping through beaucoup (for my limited skills) technical hoops. :)

And another; Skyline Drive in Canon City. Never edited video before, something fun to do & learn while thinking about warmer weather!

<IFRAME height=300 src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/16642408" frameBorder=0 width=400></IFRAME>

Skyline Drive Canon City Colorado BMW K75
  11. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
  12. Joz

Joz What could go wrong?

Oddometer:
    :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

Awesome!
  13. PrairieRider

PrairieRider Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer:
    That guy just can't be human...stunning!
  14. Duck_Pilot

Duck_Pilot Retired Roadracer

Oddometer:
    Well......by now Duke owes you at least 2 cookies.......AND a glass of milk! :D
  15. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
  16. Bonnie Abbzug

Bonnie Abbzug Property of Hayduke

Oddometer:

He was kind enough to give me ONE Oreo last night, but I had to beg. :lol3
  17. PrairieRider

Oddometer:
    :huh

I'm sending you a box of homemade rougalach...then you can make Duke sit up and beg. :nod
  18. toddler

toddler Unpronouncible

Oddometer:
    Pinewood Springs, CO(between Lyons and Estes Park)
    I'll deliver it for you:evil
  19. PrairieRider

Oddometer:
    I'll bet if I gave those cookies to you in a strong box with multiple locks and chains on it that they would still be gone by the time you got to Salida! I've heard about you and your cookie fetish...Toddler...the original cookie monster! :lol3
  20. toddler

toddler Unpronouncible

Oddometer:
    Pinewood Springs, CO(between Lyons and Estes Park)

Those little houdini cookies wouldn't think about escaping that strong box and chains given that their destiny to destruction awaits them on the outside. But if they do, I'll be there to catch them at every opportunity and put them in their rightful place. Bad cookie...bad.