Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    You guys are funny :bluduh let me re-phrase it....if you want it, come and get it...I ain't got no truck or trailer and those piles is where it'll rot :nod
  2. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    OR you could throw an ADV b.y.o.b B-B-Q, with a late night bonfire.....and we can all sit around drinking beer, telling lies, and burning the pile up till dawn....:clap :photog :photog :kbasa :kbasa :wings :rofl :rofl :rofl
    hehehehehee
  3. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    A big thanks to everyone who gave me input and ideas regarding the rear wheel threads on my sons Z50. My local Firestone shop on Rt 10 installed them, including the cost of Helicoils, for $46. (Ultimate Cycles quoted me an hour labor ($80) PLUS the cost of the Helicoils!).
    Now I just need to find him a place to ride, he's getting tired of the backyard and driveway.
  4. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's a shame you cut that puppy up. That would have made some nice lumber for some decent rustic looking furniture.
  5. mikeinrichmond

mikeinrichmond Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer:
    I'm exhausted, broke, and haven't been able to ride for a couple of weeks...Thankfully that must mean my daughter's wedding is finally here tomorrow! :clap:clap:clap

My baby girl (the older one on the left, sorry pic of a pic in a frame)
    [​IMG]

She's finally all grown up, and I wish them both all the love and happiness in the world. :thumb

[​IMG]
  6. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Have been gone so long and so often that I feel like a lurker in my own backyard. Hi everyone.

For those of you looking for an excuse to get out tonight, Petersburg is having its monthly "Friday for the Arts" tonight. The evening looks like it will be beautiful, all the stores will be open, live music will be playing at lots of venues, and the Classic Bike Pool Hall will be open. I may even stick a couple of old bikes out on the street in front.

So if anyone wants to come down, enjoy a lovely summer evening in Petersburg, stop by for a cold libation, and maybe shoot some pool on a 9' table, please do! I'll be here all night. If you're coming, holler. Teresa will be up front in the store until 9 pm, but we'll be in the back until the fat lady sings.

jeff
  8. niceviewbehindbars

niceviewbehindbars out enjoying the vu

Oddometer:
    :thumb :thumb My little girl is only two.. I'm sure i'll have a hard time when it gets here.
  9. DisplacedYankee

DisplacedYankee Voyageur

Oddometer:
    Jeff, is your shop in Petersburg the one with the old bike inside (I think it's a Simplex)? I'm just across the river in C. Heights and my wife and I are in downtown P'burg all the time.
  10. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Yup. That's the one. Right now my '84 BMW K100 and the '55 Simplex are parked outside at the curb. Will be there until we close. See you all tonight? If you've never been down for FFTA, you might be surprised.

Heck, we're practically neighbors. (and I've got a '55 Matchless G80CS hidden in the back just waiting for you)
    j
  11. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    Mike Congrats on the daughter getting married. Next you will be a GRANDPA:gerg :thumb :thumb

Jeff I'd love to come by BUT I just put a new headlight on the bike and put my tags on. I just realized that the inspection ran out in 8/09 .... Looks like I will have to sneak out tomorrow am and get my tag. Too bad I would have loved to come by this evening!
  12. manganos

Oddometer:
    Got my "new" bike inspected. The tech wasn't too impressed with it passing but he couldn't find a reason NOT to pass it lol. Went for a short ride and found out the PO-LICE in Colonial Heights are not Supermoto friendly. I was followed going North from Petersburg on RT1 all the way to the Chesterfield line....AND I was followed on the way back from Chesterfield to the Petersburg line. Guess they wanted to make sure I kept my speed down. It was stressful since my Trail Tech Endurance speedo is acting up. I just ordered another off FEEBAY.

My son nis having a baseball game at the Sutherland ball field ~5 today .... after that I might grab a tag if one is close enough :pot
  13. manganos

Oddometer:
    MIKE!!!! How was the wedding???

Baseball game got "rained out" ...well the field was a little wet :baldy . We ended up making a friends granddaughters wedding. Wedding was at a nice old church in Petersburg then the reception was at the Lee Club (officers club) on base at Ft. Lee.

Here is my son.... he was grabbed for a dance ;)

[​IMG]
  14. mikeinrichmond

mikeinrichmond Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer:
    Everything went great!! I had a lot to do so didn't get to take many pics, but here is one from just before she got her gown on early am. Cathleen the bride on the right, Becky her little sister on the left. Couldn't of asked for a better day. :thumb

[​IMG]

Now that the house that was full of relatives is finally back to normal, I got a chance to finish the new handlebar install on the Connie, so she is back in business. Happened to lose the choke cable bracket somewhere along the way :baldy so I have use a screwdriver to hold the choke on for a minute before going (thankfully winter is over!) Part is 10 bucks or so, so no biggie, just pissed that I can't find it. Oh well, she is back together and running great and is soooooo much more comfortable now. Much more Tour and less Sport lean, and my back appreciates it. Now that I have highway pegs on her too, I think I'll start calling her my Blue'Wing. :lol3

[​IMG]
  15. Greenflyfarmer

Greenflyfarmer I'm better now.

Oddometer:
    You gotcha some really cute girls there. Good for you.
  16. SRMN8R

SRMN8R Down & Out

Oddometer:
    Ape hangers on a Connie.

:lol3

:hide

Just kidding with you Mike. That has to be much more comfy for you.

Your girls are beautiful, and what a special day.
  17. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    All walls tied together, top plates in place, corner bracing/siding on next, and trusses get hoisted Thurs./Fri.

[​IMG]

Moving forward........

18. SRMN8R

SRMN8R Down & Out

Oddometer:
    I got the final inspection on the garage yesterday!

:clap

Now I can do the "stuff" that the county doesn't know about.

:deal
  19. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congrats Jimmy. I'm a little ways off from that.
  20. Chauly

Chauly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice garage, Guy! Something I need to get crackin' on, if I actually had time and money!

BTW, Franks for the Memories is doing a "Smokin' Saturday Night" this Saturday with live music, ribs, and chicken... check out www.franks4thememories.com .:beer