Charlotte: Ride Planning, 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet and General Hooliganism

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by JoeyBones, Nov 5, 2009.

1. JMforPres

JMforPres Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in for Sunday!:D
  2. XCRider803

XCRider803 Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer:

I agree, awesome pic!

Although mine (and me) are much older I've found if you start them young they'll always have a little bit of motorcycling in them. And the right kind of motorcycling, not the "I'm going to be a (rebel, pirate, whatever)" kind of biker they may turn into at a later age. :lol3

Heck, my kid has more bikes in the garage than I do... :D
  3. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    lookin forward to riding with everyone tomorrow. we are meeting at exit 14 off 85 south in gastonia at 8:30 for breakfast at the bojangles and BP leaving out at 9:30 sharp. Come and join us if you can. I will be an all pavement ride.
  4. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider

Oddometer:
    Getting my riding gear ready. See you in the morning.

Numa
  5. AppFan

AppFan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just pulled on the boots and made my first cup of coffee. Looking forward to meeting everyone this morning.
  6. JoeyBones

JoeyBones Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer:
    I can only hang around for breakfast, but I will be there.

Looking forward to seeing everyone - Bojangles at exit 14 on 85... Numa and I should be there by 8:30 or so.
  7. AppFan

AppFan Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was some great riding yesterday! Thanks for showing some great roads and waiting at the next turn. The only downside was the interstate on the way home.....
    Hope to ride with everyone again soon.
  8. XCRider803

Oddometer:
    Yep, it was a great ride. I did 416 miles and loved every minute of it. Thanks again everyone, I had a good time in those hills. :D
  9. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
    Thanks for having me along on the ride yesterday. I didn't even pull my camera out after ya'll stopped to pick me up. I think this is evidence everyone was there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Hey! Did I meet y'all on East Fork Rd yesterday?!? :huh

http://goo.gl/maps/m7avz

I was on 'the pig' heading home from the XS11 rally at Iron Horse and met eerily strange mix of bikes as pictured above! :lol3

Do you remember meeting big old silver windjammer fairing?

[​IMG]
  11. AppFan

AppFan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine ended at 463 miles. Whether it's 25 year old foam or 45 year old butt it made me decide I need a new seat.
  12. Mongle

Mongle Cyberdos groupie

Oddometer:
    at that mileage it was probably a little of both! That is a long day in the saddle no matter what you are riding.
  13. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:

We did run E. Fork, 276 to 178, I think we met a motorcycle just after our left turn ( east bound, stop & right).

Was that you?

That barn looks like one on Neddie Mtn Rd, but maybe too fresh a coat of paint, barn & road both. :lol3 Where is it?
  14. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Yep..that was probably me. I distincly remember the green tiger and ta...along with the street bikes. I had run down 215 and was taking a scenic route over to 276.

That barn is on Gunter Gap very near the Iron Horse. I did ride Neddie Mtn from 281 to Charlies creek though. :D
  15. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    Y'ah that was definately us you saw. I thought that was you. I was on my xr 1200, second in line.[​IMG]
  16. XCRider803

Oddometer:

Had my GoPro running around there I think, I may have got you passing us if I knew where to look.. :D
  17. XCRider803

Oddometer:
    Few quick iPhone pics of the Sunday ride.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had to get a taxi for Flasher 'cus his knee was hurting... :rofl
    [​IMG]

Here's an attempt at a video, my first one on the motorcycle. Probably a little long at 15 minutes, but if anyone wants to know what we were up to it was all kinda like this. VW bus and half a squirrel too make an appearance too.. :evil

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.zenfolio.com/zf/core/embedvideo.aspx?p=758a3964.10" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I also had to figure out how to embed video... :rofl I have another one I'll get up from the back of the bike, mostly just watching augiedog riding along. :D
  18. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
    Cool! :clap:clap:clap

Here's an attempt at a video, my first one on the motorcycle. Probably a little long at 15 minutes, but if anyone wants to know what we were up to it was all kinda like this. VW bus and half a squirrel too make an appearance too.. :evil

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.zenfolio.com/zf/core/embedvideo.aspx?p=758a3964.10" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I also had to figure out how to embed video... :rofl I have another one I'll get up from the back of the bike, mostly just watching augiedog riding along. :D
  19. Flasher

Flasher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had me leaning in every turn.:clap
  20. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider

Oddometer:
    The ride started with breakfast at Bojangle's in Bessemer City, NC, took a lunch break at Shoney's in Waynesville, NC and featured dinner at the Bantam Chef in Chesnee, SC. In between the eating was some wonderful riding on great roads west of Brevard.

(Dropped and broke my great little Fuji pocket camera a few weeks ago, so I shot these stills with my GoPro Hero3.)

Mountain View

[​IMG]

Taking a break from the action.

[​IMG]

Joe's sweet TransAlp.

[​IMG]

Wolf Creek Lake

[​IMG]

Another break.

[​IMG]

Thank you Loren and Augie for guiding us across some fine tarmac!

Numa