North Georgia Scooter riders

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by klaviator, Mar 23, 2012.

1. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any other scooter riders in the area? I know there are at least a few of us in the area. Anyone interested in meeting up and going riding some weekend? I take a ride from Marietta to the N. GA Mountains at least once a month.

This Saturday I'm headed to Marietta Vespa for their spring kickoff. Seminars, free food, demo rides and the chance to meet some other local scooter riders. What more do you want, dancing girls?:rofl

Anyway, here's the link: http://www.meetup.com/Greater-Atlan...A-S-S/events/57047732/?a=cr1.2p_grp&rv=cr1.2p

Those of you in the area, post up if you're interested in getting together and riding or just meeting some time.
  2. GeeGusKahn

GeeGusKahn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, I am interested but it will be after mid June.
    All kinds of family stuff for the next month or two.
    Will keep in touch on this.
    thanks
    Sean
  3. scudder

scudder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I live in Canton,GA and would like to go on a ride. I usually go up to Ellijay or BlueRidge and scoot around. I recently ran into a guy on a old Honda Elite that would probably be willing to go. I also know a few people in Jasper, GA that love going on rides! They are both getting on in years and ride kinda slow....but we did install a sidecar on one of the scooters, a TGB, so that gives him 10 out of 10 points for style, I think that makes up for the slowness! About twice a year we will go up to Bryson City, N.C. and ride the road to nowhere and the Dragon.......
  4. scudder

scudder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am also always up for a ride to the Clermont Lounge in Atlanta!
  5. soboy

soboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Definitely interested. The T-Max needs some exercise and I would like to ride some of the great roads I have seen on klaviator's ride reports. I'm in Roswell and can ride most Saturdays.
  6. Dabears

Dabears Long Timer

Oddometer:
    Just noticed the open house at Vespa Marietta was a couple weeks ago. Dang.
  7. klaviator

Oddometer:
    OK all you N. GA scooter riders. I'm going to propose a ride to finally get some of us together. How about Saturday July 28th. Maybe meet in Canton then take back roads to Riders Hill in Dahlonega, eat lunch there and then a loop up through Suches and over Blood Mountain. Then back through Dahlonega and head home. Anyone who lives too far east can just meet us in Dahlonega.

I haven't put this as a definite on my calender but I will if there is some interest. This is just a proposal, I'm open for other suggestions.

I sent some PMs. Please reply in this thread rather than by PM so everyone can get in on the discussion.
  8. GeeGusKahn

GeeGusKahn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm interested, would meet all at Riders Hill, coming from far east, OK, Lake Hartwell.

For me, either Sat or Sun works, so depending on others, this would be great.
  9. maddiedog

maddiedog In dog we trust

Oddometer:
    I'll be on vacation starting Friday the 27th, so I'm out.

You should post up on the Greater Atlanta Scooter Society page, there's a whole bunch of us riders out of Marietta there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GOTGASS/

We did a ride up through Suches and Dahlonega earlier this year... Here's a few pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dog rode with:
    [​IMG]

(couple more pictures here: http://hondapcx.org/download/file.php?id=328)

I wish I was in town, I'd be down for a ride. :D
  10. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Have fun on your vacation. I did go to one GASS event at Marietta Vespa in the spring but timing just hasn't worked out for any of their rides.
  11. beemerphile

beemerphile Unreconstructed Southerner Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hartwell, huh? My TMax and I live between Royston and Danielsville just off US 29. I may try to do this little ride if the stars align. I just got back from five weeks in Alaska / Canada (on the beemer, not the TMax) and kitchen passes are a bit hard to get right now. Seems I'm behind on stuff.
  12. GeeGusKahn

GeeGusKahn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    beemerphile • Today 04:11 PM
    Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="dg-bbcode dg-bbcode-quote"> Originally Posted by GeeGusKahn [​IMG]
    I'm interested, would meet all at Riders Hill, coming from far east, OK, Lake Hartwell.

For me, either Sat or Sun works, so depending on others, this would be great.

</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Hartwell, huh? My TMax and I live between Royston and Danielsville just off US 29. I may try to do this little ride if the stars align. I just got back from five weeks in Alaska / Canada (on the beemer, not the TMax) and <nobr>kitchen</nobr> passes are a bit hard to get right now. Seems I'm behind on stuff.

Usual route would be 29 to McD's in Franklin Springs,
    pick up 51, go through Homer & Lula, than 52 to 115 and into Dahlonega.
    Nice ride.
  13. scudder

scudder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am interested....if no one minds a little 125cc tagging along!
  14. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Your 125 made it all the way to Bryson City and back so this should be a breeze. I was figuring on some smaller scoots so my route from Canton and North does not involve any Highway. I'll probably bring my 250 but may change my mind and ride my 150.
  15. GeeGusKahn

GeeGusKahn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very happy to have your company on any ride.:clap

Where do you hang your hat ??, don't see a home town.
  16. klaviator

Oddometer:
    It looks like we have enough interest to make this ride worthwhile and the weather forecast looks good. I'll post a proposed plan tomorrow.
  17. scudder

scudder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I live in Canton, GA
  18. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Here's my proposed plan.

I plan on heading North on Saturday and getting to Canton around 9:00 AM. I'll meet anyone coming from my direction at Cycle Nation on Riverstone PKWY and we'll leave there around 9:15. We'll take back roads to Rider's Hill in Dahlonega an get there around 10:30 -11:00. There we will met anyone else coming and have lunch (for those who are hungry. Then we'll leave around 12:00 and to a loop in the mountains through Suches and over Blood Mountain and back to Rider's Hill. The loop is around 50 miles. If anyone desires we can take a short side trip to Helton Creek Falls. Figure on this loop taking 1.5 - 2.5 hours depending on stops and side trips.

some links: Cycle Nation: http://www.cyclenationofcanton.com/map_hours.asp
    Rider's hill: http://www.ridershill.com/pages/directions.php

If anyone has a better place to meet in Canton or any other suggestions, this is only a proposed plan.

Weather forecast is for low 90's and 20% chance of rain. It will be cooler on the mountain loop.

So, who's planning on coming?
  19. scudder

scudder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am in!... Everyone at work will hate me and the boss man will make a mental check mark that I did not work Saturday, but they are all assholes and can go fuck themselves...I have got scootin' to attend too:clap
  20. beemerphile

beemerphile Unreconstructed Southerner Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in. See you there.