I've got a product I'm getting ready to sell, can I just post it here or..

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by guiri, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. groop

groop So much to ponder

Oddometer:
    :y0!
  2. kitesurfer

kitesurfer Long timer

Oddometer:
    i don't take my helmet off as i wear a modular.. if i do take it off, i hook my keys to the d ring. if i leave it locked to my bike, somebody will piss in it. but i have been know at times to leave it on the bike in which case it fits nicely over my mirrow. i've never had a helmet fall off my bike. But if i was the type, a nice little hook in a convient place would probably work. it should be machined brass or stainless and cost less than $10 delivered for me to buy it.
  3. guiri

guiri Guest

Well, I've only been out with my new bike and helmet a few times and it's already rolled down the street around six times and it REALLY PISSES ME OFF! :(
  4. guiri

guiri Guest

Well, this will be very conveniently placed and initially it will be plastic and more than 10 bucks shipped 'cause it costs more to get it made here in the US.

I could go Chinese I assume but don't really feel like dealing with them and all the upfront costs until I see if it sells or not.
    Yes, price may be a factor but frankly, I would have bought one after the first time I dropped my helmet and, mine's cheap at around $130.
  5. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    My helmet generally goes on my right mirror on my Vstrom and is pretty secure there, but the one issue I do run into is if after I pump gas I want to push my bike over to a parking spot, the way the helmet sits on the mirror keeps me from turning my bars left. That means I usually have to put it on the seat which leaves it very vulnerable. I've started to carry one of those nets stretched out over my back seat just so I can slide the helmet under there and it will secure. Of course if I have anything back there, that doesn't work.

The other big issue with the mirror is on a long trip, it can become quite nasty with bugs and then all that stuff ends up inside your helmet.

So yeah, I would definitely be interested in a $10 device that gave me a quick and easy place to put my helmet while I'm filling up and keep it from hitting the ground.
  6. guiri

guiri Guest

Yeah, it's not secure on the mirror on my Vee with Aprilia mirrors and I hate it touching all the metal on the handlebars.

I did the net thing and it tore up my factory handles :(
  7. groop

groop So much to ponder

Oddometer:
    Not to hijack a vendor post, but since this really isn't a vendor post YET, I have to question you about the neighborhoods where you park your bike :eek1
  8. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    I just put my helmet on top of the gas pump. No chance of it falling off.
  9. guiri

guiri Guest

:D When I lived in Spain I saw all the people lock their helmets to the wheels (on the ground) and that's the first thing I thought of because there are lots of stray dogs there :lol3
  10. guiri

guiri Guest

True dat but if you're NOT at the pump? Mirrors?
    Always throws mine out of whack
  11. squiffynimrod

squiffynimrod maximum shrinkage

Oddometer:
    I'm Canadian. #7 is the metric #6.
  12. guiri

guiri Guest

...and I'm a foreigner raised with metric. I ain't buyin' that shit :D
  13. bobzilla

bobzilla Dirty Old Man

Oddometer:
    I ride 90% dirt and I put my helmet ,,,,on the foot peg,,,,,on the handle bar end,,,,, on the gas pump,,,on the ground, usually very lightly on the top,,,,,, its already been hit by dirt clods, horse shit, rocks, tree limbs :rofl
  14. HighTechCoonass

HighTechCoonass Living the Dream....

Oddometer:
    only after a few helmets rolled on the ground a few times!

[​IMG]
  15. guiri

guiri Guest

Horse shit? :rofl
  16. guiri

guiri Guest

Coonass? Love it!

Yeah, I thought of doing that too but that meant drilling and I wasn't too keen on the idea.
  17. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:

Mounted next to the bottle holder on right side of top box- shown here and a beer opener!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. guiri

guiri Guest

Awesome :)

Let me ask you a question 'cause I had a few other ideas about mounting stuff on cases.

Do people that do adventure riding and have the "square" type, metal cases usually not mind drilling
    their cases and how about structural integrity and waterproofing?

That's one thing I like about the Hepco & Becker Gobi cases as they have some accessories
    but I didn't look enough into them to find out if they had to be drilled or the cases were ready for it.

Same thing with the Givi Trekkers. I was at Givi the other day and forgot to ask if the luggage racks
    screwed into the top of the case or not.
  19. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    most riders will drill holes it their aluminum boxes to add accessories... oil bottles, gas bottles, tool tubes etc. It took me a few years before I drilled holes in my Zegas cases... I always had the fear of holes creating a stress cracking and walking... but no problems ever appeared.:D
    I add jbweld to the back of the nuts to stop them from loosening...

20. bobzilla

bobzilla Dirty Old Man

Oddometer:
    wild horses make the absolute BEST single track trails in the west and they often mark boundaries with huge piles of shit.......never pass on an opportunity to roost your buddy with horse shit :rofl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.